1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Highest Mileage TE/SMR 449 or 511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Bryce, Mar 5, 2013.

1. jeffrodub Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR250, 250R ATC
    Hey Rearwheelin, you should start a rant thread. I think the point of this thread was mileage, which I myself am interested in.:)
  2. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Just take it offline, call them up and head over there. No need to continue with these types of public posts which I would think most are getting tired of.
    ascribner, James Patton and Bryce like this.
  3. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    That would be huge .
  4. Bryce Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda ST1300

It's called a journal/diary.
  5. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Who inserted the crank mod coment into this thread ? Why is it ok for "some" sponsors here to create there own off topic coments as it pertains to there financial "ecosystem " ? I simply was asking a question regarding the oiling system to the crank and was quickly pounced on by motorsportz. Thats not right. Just calling it like i see it . .... Journal noted :)
    Centerline and Karnage like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I pounced on no one. Nor was I "very defensive"... reread my posts. I was simply pointing out the the ZipTy boys seem to have WAY more experience with this motor than anyone in the US and whom I would trust with a mod like this and whom might know a mod like this is even needed. It really is that simple. To your point why is it OK for you to question a modification but not me or anyone else to respond with our thoughts. This is a web forum full of ideas and I was simply posting my counter point to your point. thats it.

"Why is it ok for "some" sponsors here to create there own off topic comments as it pertains to there financial "ecosystem " ?"

I get called out on this as well. Some of it might be selling but a lot of it is simply this is our area of experience and involvement. Just like I comment a lot on 165 kits and Lectron carbs as I know a bunch about them. My field of expertise and knowledge revolves around what I sell and work with every day so there is a lot of spill over that seems like selling when really it is informational on the topic. Anyone can feel free not to buy anything we seem to be pushing.

Is this "pounced on"?

"I think the zipty boys have more experience than anyone with this motor at the limits. Pretty sure this is well tested and understood."

"understood. Was simply point out that if someone knew the issues with diverting 4x oil flow it seems ZipTy would be those people."

You questioned an modification, I simply responded with my feelings. OK.
  7. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    ZipTy does a good job standing on there own two feet. I posed the question or "bait" for the team doing the crank mod.. That's all.
    Centerline likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Back on topic...

Rode my 511 this weekend with a bunch of fast industry guys whom were here for Washougal. Rode great, did not miss a beat, about 4500 miles. VERY solid bike, love it.

[IMG]
    Centerline, mendo, bigjon and 4 others like this.
  9. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Wow, that's pretty! What was the temperature up there?
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

About 75 that day.
  11. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Excellent idea.

From now one I am going delete or edit posts that are not on topic. I'm getting really tired of the banter.
  12. Sourdojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

Just clicked over 8,000 miles on my 2011 SMR511. On my 3rd rear tire and 895th oil change! No other repairs done!
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

:thumbsup:
    Craig 1991 and Sourdojack like this.
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Wow, that's an average of an oil change every 8.94 miles. Now that's what I can dedication. Then again, you do have 8000 miles so...:cheers:
    Sourdojack and Motosportz like this.
  15. Bryce Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda ST1300

What gear ratio do you have and what kind of riding do you do (mostly highway, lots of wheelies/hooliganism, commuting, etc.)? Any mods to your bike?
  16. R. Stephen Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Anyone have a bunch of hours on a TC449? I have 32.5 on my 2013 that's it so far, straight pounding on the SM track. Curious what maintenance intervals people are doing, and over hauls on their race bikes?
  17. jobe0505 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    te449 & cr50
    Other Motorcycles:
    pee wee
    TE 449 2011
    4500km's bought Jan 2011
    Head set bearings siezed, new dash under warranty, 2 seat covers, did a coil at 4000km and now it won't charge the battery.
    Im very fussy with maintenance, so it's frustrating to break, but I still love the bike.
  18. Sourdojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

I dropped the rear sprocket to a 41 tooth. I commute to work with it (18 miles, half highway, half around town doing wheelies).

I've taken it on several trips of over 150 miles per day. And also lots of short trips ripping around windy mountain roads leaving rubber behind.

Only mods are Termignoni exhaust can, evap stuff removed, JD tuner installed and Seat Concepts seat
    Bryce and Craig 1991 like this.
  19. BCrambler Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511, 2011
    Got 17'600km (11'000 miles) on my 2011 SMR 511. Had no issues with the engine, changed head casket at 10'000km, valve clearance still ok, will install Zip-Ties oil breather mod and hope for another 20'000km or more ;-)
  20. djdougiedoug Husqvarna
    A Class

My SMR has now done 4500 miles, only thing under warranty was a clutch slave cylinder.
    Bike still feels strong but sometimes on start up does puff a bit of white smoke.
    Is that the rings or just it is on the side stand and outside all the time under a cover (condensation in exhaust???)