1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Highest Mileage TE/SMR 449 or 511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Bryce, Mar 5, 2013.

1. hpmainiac Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310
    I'd like a winter home someplace it isn't 5 degrees and 2 feet of snow!
  2. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I had a great 60 mile ride Saturday before last. Didn't need anything but a jersey.
  3. Josh Feller Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te511
    three weeks 130 miles today, on another wet oregon commute! needs a bath and an oil change now
  4. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    A bit of a nervous nelly right now...bought this with over 10000k on it in January.. has yet to have a rebuild. I've had two SOLID rides on it, the first about 90 k of about 75 % road (to get to and from trail) and 25% fire roads. Second ride was a local property owner who had an enduro and moto track...about 2 hrs of fun. Had noticed that after this last session....was starting poorly so, popped the valve cover off and checked valve clearance. Found 3 of 4 valve clearances were tight/out of spec. No fooling around, bike in shop to have a good peek at clearance from their mechanics and a leakdown test. Able to connect with original ower who was absolutely meticulous and a valuable resource...anticipate shop will tell me a top end is needed. I have no problems sinking into this as the 2nd owner sold this at a pretty sweet deal and rode it minimally from the first owner. Going through a complete bike withdrawal right now though...gets looked at tomorrow:popcorn:. Better self-medicate with a beer...TBC
  5. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    That is a completely different engine. You have a 2007 TE450 with a carb, and this thread is about the newer 449 engines.

Nothing wrong with posting here, just want to be clear this thread has little to do with your particular bike.
  6. ripnriding Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 TX 300 and 2010 CR 144
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 husqvarna TE 450(sold)
    Thanks for clarifying Coffee...was ripping through all of the posts and fixated on 'highest mileage" ;)
    ascribner and Coffee like this.
  7. Josh Feller Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te511
    410 miles today!
    oregonsage and Coffee like this.
  8. speedgene Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Fireblade
  9. Josh Feller Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te511
    No engine work?
  10. speedgene Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    '08 Fireblade
    None at all. I know it's naughty, but I've not even checked valve clearances :o Oddly, bike still runs as well as it did when I got it (no discernable loss of power noticed). I've just been performing regular oil/filter changes. Saying all that I bet my engine goes pop next time I fire it up!
  11. Suputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR250X, 81 Yamaha RD350LC, 90 RZ350
    Just 3100 kms on my SMR 511 and no problems yet. Checked the valves and they were fine. Prob won't check them again till next year.
  12. ascribner Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Daytona 675, 2009 KTM 200SX
    Classic...target fixation!
  13. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    Just thought I'd add FYI, that the maintenance section of the official Husqvarna service manual shows a rebuild necessary at 10,000 km (6200 mi). (new piston, con-rod, crank bearings, clutch, timing change, and valves(?) Not sure what "valves" mean. Maybe a head rebuild too?
    The above data is for non-full power up setting. For "full power rating - racing use", the manual says 80 hrs! :eek: Yikes!
  14. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Every dirtbike I have owned had very frequent rebuild requirements. They almost always last at,least twice as,
    Long with good care. I would bet some 511's will go 20,000 plus.
  15. JeffV Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLR650
    Yeah, I was just throwing that out there since no one else noted it. I'm sure that 80 hour number is for, as Tinken said "...you pin it for 500 miles across the Ca desert..." And I think 10,000 km is pretty reasonable number for a dirtbike.

duggoey likes this.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    That 80 hour measurement is worthless and that was before they upgraded the wrist pin spray bars. If you insist on running 50-60 weight oil in your 449, just plan on an early rebuild. Otherwise the thinner synthetic 40's will greatly extend your service intervals.
    JonXX likes this.
  17. jeffrodub Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR250, 250R ATC
    Bought my 2011 TE449 used with 2000 mi. Then had Zip-Ty racing do an extensive rebuild at 3200 mi.( see " has anyone seized a TE449 yet? " thread.) Hoping to get 1000s of miles out of it now!!
  18. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    That means my bike will last me another 19 years !
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    We did a lot more than a rebuild. Your new crank shaft flows over four times more oil than the stock one, which not only cools the rod bearing, but also the wrist pin, piston and cylinder walls. Coupled with your new Zipty oil mod, yes, your engine is going to last you a very long time.
  20. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    I think factory rebuild intervals have a little bit of ” planned profit and support”.

They need to justify making a certain number of parts for breakdowns and long term maintenance. For those who follow the book to the letter, the profit on those parts is greater than building the engine as a whole.

Dealers either tell customers that the thing is bullet proof or they can warn the customer that for top performance and reliability, the intervals should be followed as close as possible. Factor in the mechanical ability of the customer as perceived by said dealer as well.

The best way to look at it is that they basically plan on one rebuild per unit made in the normal service support time (7-10 yrs) plus extras for failure and negligence. That means plenty of parts for those of us who don't pin it to win it.
    oregonsage and Tinken like this.