1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Highest Mileage TE/SMR 449 or 511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Bryce, Mar 5, 2013.

1. jeffrodub Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    CR250, 250R ATC
    I know Tinken, I was just trying to keep it short and sweet!:)
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  2. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    By flowing more oil threw the crank are you shorting the oil supply in another area of the engine ?
    Centerline likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I think the zipty boys have more experience than anyone with this motor at the limits. Pretty sure this is well tested and understood.
    Tinken likes this.
  4. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Don't get me wrong I'm not saying it's not a good mod. I'm saying if the crank shares the same oil pump as the top end and now you have 4x the oil normally being diverted away before it reaches the "high pressure " oil sprayers" you will loose flow somewhere else. Now my second question : what's the highest miles on a ZipTy racing bike ? Everyone who spends there hard erned dollars on a bike has a right to get a answer from the horses mouth , right ? Everyone is a potential customer . Posing the question should not be a insult to credibility . .... Back to work ! :)
    Centerline likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

understood. Was simply point out that if someone knew the issues with diverting 4x oil flow it seems ZipTy would be those people.
  6. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I would think so but you never know . Be really easy to sell things to people who can't see.... Like Obama did lol JK , not really :)
    Centerline likes this.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I doubt anyone modifies cranks and oil passages for the fun of it and hope it all works out. Guessing it has been years and many cranks to offer something like this. My point is if you are going to trust anyone to do it those would be the right people and know what they are doing. Also not something you do thinking you are going to make money at it as not many people going to pull the crank out to modify it unless something has already gone wrong. Not sure why this is a point of contention. Seems they found an issue, addressed it, proved it and offering it to those that feel they need it.
    ascribner, Tinken and James Patton like this.
  8. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    You are being very defensive on my point of contention . I like some of ZipTy's mods. The truth is as the silent partner of ZipTy "Tinken" has said in other posts and from what I have heard from ZipTy over the phone before "Tinken " was even a member and from geoge at up-tite is that there were issues with the TQ , crank .... We know Ty is a believer and Tinken, threw his posts endorsing non motorcycle spec mobile 1 . The only way for a TQ to get 700f is for it to constantly slip really bad , that could be from running car oil mobile one. Also to mod your crank so it will cool the wrist pin bearing more sounds like a formula for hoter oil, I'm sure the engineers thought of the kind of temperatures that are created in the combustion chamber and engineered accordingly . I have seen no where near 300degree oil as Ty claims from Tinkens post, the only way I can see it getting that hot it by it soaking up the heat from the TQ and wrist pin bearing and the car spec 0-40w soaking up all the heat and making TQ slip. I have been keeping up on most of these important topics concerning our bikes since I bought one. I have heard the endorsement of oil additives and all kinds of stuff that has got us to where we are today and this is the first time I have heard of the crank mod. I'm quite curious to here more detail on the oil supply going into the modded crank. I'm a great debaiter so if we can get some more info on the modded crank that would be awesome ! If you want to drink up any mod a race team puts out than go for it . I don't like to be wrong with my money.
    Centerline and JeffV like this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Not being defensive at all. I don't work at ZipTy or really know much about them. Was just making some simple points. If I was personally going to make mods like this thats where i would send it as they seem to have the most experience with these motors. Thats all. I have seen a lot of pictures with a lot of motors taken apart and studied from those guys. I will just leave it alone now.
  10. henson802 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I'm actually kind of interested too.. does the engine take more oil or reroute the priorities or...

I find any work to the engine fascinating as there are so many -moving parts-.. it's close to rocket science.:o
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  11. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Yeah I was just asking the question BTW I like your products Kelly as well as all the sponsors here. I'm just stuck on how our bikes are so flawed and need clarification sometimes .
    Centerline likes this.
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    :popcorn:Let me know when you're done ranting...
    ascribner likes this.
  13. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    I like to think of it as a time for enlightenment :)
    Centerline likes this.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    I am the most jaded SOB on the planet, and recently spent several hours at the Zipty shop - they know what they are doing, especially with regards to the 449/511 issues.

Rearwheelin - you are in Bakersfield, it is not that far to Zypty's shop from there. Go see the what they are talking about in person.

For *whatever* reason the members of this site seem to think that the Sponsors have an air of legitimacy. While I never thought it would be my job to pre-screen Sponsors in regards to how well they do what they do, I do try to pre-filter the Cafe Husky Sponsors in a few basic ways.
    dave lindsey and Tinken like this.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    No.
    There are two Eaton oil pumps in the 449 engine. One that feeds oil into the pressurized pathways from the oil storage area and one that evacuates oil from the crankshaft area. One oil pump works very hard to feed the entire engine, while the other hardly gets any oil to feed back. The more oil that passes through the crankshaft from the mod, the more it is then fed back into the pressurized system. So to answer the question again, there is zero loss in oil flow from the main system and the crankshaft, rod bearing, wrist-pin and cylinder gets quadruple the cooling. How cool is that? :)
    Centerline and ascribner like this.
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Randy, dude... This is some of the funniest bullshit I have seen you write to date. I got such a laugh out of reading this that I had to CC to Ty. :lol:
    Rearwheelin likes this.
  17. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    Thanks man I try ! Have to get my follower count up !
  18. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    How big is Ty I know I can take Tinken ... :) Haha

I do eventually want to check them out in person and buy a few goodies while I am there .
    Centerline and Motosportz like this.
  19. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Take me? Where are you gonna take me, hopefully for a beer, get's pretty hot out here in the desert... :D
    Centerline, Coffee and Rearwheelin like this.
  20. Rearwheelin Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 XCW 300
    You know I will have a few ! Can't wait to load up for my first moto mule trip :)