1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Highest Mileage TE/SMR 449 or 511

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Bryce, Mar 5, 2013.

1. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    The cover could be sold for $6,800, and include one bike to go with it. It really is that good.
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Cheers, yeah, I didn't notice the square drive in the centre in Moto's photo.
    Nice looking part :)
    Tinken likes this.
  3. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Don´t want to hijack the thread ... BUT ... I do about 12.000 kms/year on my 644 CCM DS (and a lot less on my 630SM Husky), urban traffic and 65kms commute.

Would a Husky SMR 449 or 511 be suitable? `Tis the bike I really want to have, but I don´t want to ruin it.

The 630 is just ... tooo heavy.
    Centerline likes this.
  4. Normann Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 MY2012
    NOT suitable, on my opinion.
  5. djdougiedoug Husqvarna
    A Class

IMO your commute is a bit too far for a SMR511.
    I do about 4000km commute a year and that is quite enough.
    The seat is like iron, and the tank range is only @120kms
    You would need to change the gearing quite alot (44 down to a 40) to make it cruise without strain.
    In addition you are probably looking at a rebuild at around 20k (if you can get the parts). My SMR has done @11k in 3 years and smokes a bit on start up :(
    It's a great bike (with a few mods) but not really for commuting unless it is a short distance.
  6. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Yes, some people seem to think oil drains and filters/covers etc must hold the crank in!!
    Some of the sump plugs I've had to remove over the years OMG :-O
  7. JRW Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Tiger 800 XC

I only have one old extension that will fit in the 3/8" hole in the middle. The corners are not squared off enough. At first I thought it was for looks because they 'almost' fit, but then I tried every extension I had because it was 'that close'... Finally found a old Craftsman I had when I was a kid and it popped right in. That extension is probably 40 years old. :D
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

I have that same issue and reported it to Tinken. They just need to bump the corners out some. Zero issue for me as i do have one that fits fine.
    Tinken likes this.
  9. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    My extension went right in :\ Also should mention that I have been tightening the thing by hand then giving it a tiny bump. With the o-ring you shouldnt need to man handle it on all crazy.

Only reason to go supertight is if you are afraid it will comeloose in which case maybe some sillicone or safety wire will help the anxiety.

Love my cover. It really really really makes me oil changes so easy. I still want a stahlbus drain valve. That would be neat. I got a ratio rite type cup with a valve on the bottom so I can just fill up to 1l and then walk over to the bike and open the valve, filling her up with little mess.

My oil after about 300-350 miles is really really thing and smells a bit like fuel (normal for these kind of bikes) but it doesnt seem too dark...its dark, but you can still tell that it is oil (doesnt look like the oil out of a diesel thats pure black).

I would like to extend my oil change intervals but I guess its cheap insurance to do them every 300-350.
  10. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Exactly. The big o-ring keeps it from going anywhere anyways.
  11. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Thanks for your replies! The rebuild is what was putting me off. But, on the other hand, CCM makes an "Adventure" bike with the same Kymco 449 for use on longer trips (suppose itz´s de-rated)
  12. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The 511 is more of a race bike than a commuter, but it can be modified to do both. The newer Husqvarnas coming are much better suited for those distances.
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress

With oiling mods that zip-ty suggests, if they are what they claim. Running the right viscocity of oil, and a higher flowing filter. All ccm would need to do is install a working oil cooler and surge tank/resevoir or put a oil in frame resevoir crank breather and I am sure the engines are good for many miles.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

and wider trans.
    Centerline likes this.
  15. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I disagree. The gear spacing really makes this bike rip like a race bike. Gearing it up but keeping the tight spacing keeps its moving once in the powerband... With a true wide ratio trans you will be losing some of the punch and rip that these bikes have. Actually, you will lose alot of it. In my opinion these bikes are simply short on power to lose that advantage. Maybe if it was a 70hp ktm 690 it could pull huge wide tractor gears. My 511 rips to the rev limiter and being able to catch a gear up or down and still be in what little power it has is really going good!

Maybe they could add a 7th double overdrive ;)

Or 2 speed gearbox. So you have offroad gearing in one cog then street tall gearing on another?

We can dream.
    Centerline likes this.
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I agree what I should have said is I want a 6th overdrive.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  17. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    We have a .7 ish on the TE right?

I noticed the smr shows a .68 or so. I dont recall the exact specifics, im going to look it up in the service manual.
  18. Teambowles Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    19 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    19 ktm 6 days excf 450 n excf 500
    Ok, 2360 miles on the te449 and it's already time for a new rear Michelin pilot power, a hair more and you won't be able to see the tread grooves anymore image.jpg
    Centerline likes this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  20. James Patton Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511 2012, WR125 2006
    Other Motorcycles:
    1250S Bandit, DRZ400S
    Thats pretty good, on my TE511, I run DOT knobbies. 3000 miles, I am on my third set, a little road riding eats them up.