GS-911 service tool

Discussion in 'TR650' started by bikehunter, Apr 11, 2014.

1. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Good news, GS-911 is ready. Got a message from Wayne, he apparently needs approval for his comments, so I am giving ya'all the good news http://www.hexcode.co.za/version-1506-1-released

"The public PC Beta and WiFi firmware has Husky support and I can tell you the tests went well with Phil, the GS911 WIFi is now worth buying for your models, there will be more functionality to come shortly as well

I posted it into two threads at Cafe Husky and it said awaiting moderation probably because I had links to the Terra/Nuda support info at Hexcode"

Changes to the PC software since V1411:
    • German translation of the Release - V1503.3
    • Spanish translation of the Release software - V1503.3
    • Updated V1411 English to V1503.3
    • Added service functionality for BMSX on K001 models
    • Added S1000RR 2015
    • Added S1000XR
    • Added support for Husqvarna models
    • Added Nuda 900
    • Added Nuda 900R
    • Added TR650 Strada
    • Added TR650 Terra
    • Added K100RS
    • Added K1
    • Updated fault codes
    • Numerous bugfixes

Changes to the GS-911wifi software (ie. web interface):
    • English Cloud Service functionality for BMSX on the K001 bikes which include:
      Engine warning light
      Engine coolant light
      Fan
      Fuel pump
      Exhaust Flap servo
      Throttle Valve servo
      O2 Sensor heating
      Secondary Air valve
      Fuel Injectors
      Reset Dynamic Traction Control
      Reset Fuel Mixture
      Reset Throttle Twistgrip adaptation
      Reset Throttle Valve adaptation
      Reset Transmission adapatiation
      Reset Knock sensors
      Toggle Showroom mode
      Toggle RPM limiter (for S1000RR)
      Reset Bike time
      Reset Service reminder
    • Warn the user if the bike voltage drops below 12V during service functions.
    • Added functionality for a self-test of the interface link under the About Panel.
    • Check whether an upgrade is available on startup and remind user with popup.
    • Speed increase in SD card unpacking.
    • Added S1000RR 2015
    • Added S1000XR
    • Added support for Husqvarna models
    • Added Nuda 900
    • Added Nuda 900R
    • Added TR650 Strada
    • Added TR650 Terra
    • Numerous bugfixes
    PaulC, snail_72, Coltx and 2 others like this.
  2. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50

I just received my 2 year trophy here at Cafe Husky. 2 years of waiting for a solution, the thanks go to you, Wayne, and any help I could give I am happy to give. I'm sure the others feel the same way. :cheers:
    engineerk9, PaulC and snail_72 like this.
  3. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    In layman's terms, can you explain what I can and/or can't do with the GS911 on my Terra?

I assume I can reset the service thingy on the dash.
    I guess I can read & clear fault codes if there were any.
    I guess I can confirm operation & possibly reset functions of things like the idle actuator.
    Can I adjust the fueling?
    Increase the idle?

Asking these questions am I too stupid to try to do any of this?
  4. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
  5. hasenpfeffer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

My best guess is the following:

Reset service thingy - I'm guessing not yet
    Read & clear faults - Yes
    Confirm operation - feedback of sensor values, yes
    Reset functions like idle actuator - I'm guessing not yet, unknown what specific functions are planned
    Adjust fueling - No
    Increase idle - No
  6. LED Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    hmmm. For the price asked I would have expected it to do all of those. Appears to have much more functionality for BMW owners.
  7. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    The GS911 WiFi functionality can be considered as split into 2

Emergency Functions via WiFi web interface to your phone/tablet for when you are out on the road which is read and clear fault codes and real time recording

Maintenance functions for back in the workshop via the PC application, in there you have component testing capability, not all service functionality is in this initial release but it is being prepared along with the same functions for some new BMW models

From both interfaces you have all the ECU information screens to see which version of firmware is in the ECU's. It was using this which enabled identifying that one of the bikes I looked at is on older firmware and needs updating, on the same machine I was able to identify the AF XIED fitted was a dead parrot and was supplying no voltage to the BMS-E for 02 signal so rather than running lean the bike was running full rich in limp home mode

In terms of functionality for Terra compared to the BMW models, the functionality will be the same, whatever the ECU's allow will be fully implemented

There is more functionality for the Terra than my older 2002 650GS Dakar as the BMS-C on mine does not have access to some items the BMS-E does

The BMS-E on the Terra and Nuda is used on the BMW 600/650 Scooters and the 650GS/Sertao so the full suite of functionality is needed for those models as well

Further down the track all the models will have additional functionality from the WiFi browser interface as per the announcement of cloud functionality for the K001 models in the Hexcode news release

Re programming, that is a Dealer Tool function and the GS911 does not do it for any of the BMW models

Re remapping, the only way you will ever get that functionality is if the Terra owners get together and convince someone to write the software, just like TuneECU for the Triumph/KTM owners

I have learned a little re some of the electronics you have on the Terra in the process of the testing with the Sydney guys

I have started running up a pdf with the info the same as I have for the 650GS/Sertao and I will put it on my 650GS web site hopefully later today
  8. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    I understand it to be a fairly comprehensive diagnostic tool only, with the ability to clear "fault" codes, & possibly "adaption" tables in the near future

"Oh" that it could reprogram or even MOSS the ecu, that's maybe sometime away
    PaulC likes this.
  9. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Keith, GS911 is diagnostics only, it does not reprogram any BMW model, what do you refer to with "MOSS the ECU" ?
  10. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Wayne I didn't say that it was anything more than a diagnostic tool

"Oh" that it could? Means wouldn't it be great if it could be more than a diagnostic tool?
  11. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    Wayne, you're doing great work
    It's my (our) frustration that BMW/Husqvarna appear to have done nothing to assist owners over-come the "built-in" fueling & air filtering problems, when they purchased the TRs, Stradas, Nudas - all excellent motorcycles, otherwise we'd not be going to the trouble of getting them to run
  12. engineerk9 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZRX1100
    NOW that's a challenge for us Husky owners - I'll happily "chuck-in" a couple hundred $'s to get a TuneECU
  13. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Nothing for us 449 511 owners still :(
  14. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    Let's check around. I put out some emails, I need to find out who needs what etc, then maybe we could start a crowdfund or something? Might start a whole new topic too. I'm going to get the GS911 soon as the dust settles. I would still like to change a few things the gs911 can't do.
    engineerk9 likes this.
  15. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115

Doesn't appear to do anything much more than a BMW GS 650 unit for the MM ECU would have done in the past then??
    Was my guess that they haven't really pursued the Husky TR650 development correct??
    engineerk9 likes this.
  16. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Mark, the functionality for the 650GS Sertao was only added late last year and it was far easier to implement as it has only BMS-E and ABS intelligent ECU's. There is no CAN BUS implemented on the 650gs/Sertao. In additional all the starter system and starter lock outs on the 650GS/Sertao are done with hardware logic the same as the earlier 650GS models which again means no intelligence or ability to test

The functionality for the Terra took longer because of the implementation of CAN and firmware logic for starter system, this means the functionality for testing on the Terra is far more extensive than the 650GS/Sertao and the development had to take place alongside development for a couple of other new BMW models
    engineerk9 likes this.
  17. mag00 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra, Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    XR250 R1100RS CH50
    The GS911 is ready for the Terra, you do need to be careful which unit you get, as the WiFi unit is the only one that supports the TR650 at this time.
    PaulC and glitch_oz like this.
  18. johnsweet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 790R RickmanZ BulsSherpaTs350
    release version 1506.1, thanks
  19. glitch_oz Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada
    Thanks for that warning!!
    I'm happy to hang back and wait for the (cheaper?) USB-only version, as I only see the need in a home-servicing context (i.e. wipe the service+error stuff, reset the adaptive values....and that's pretty much it, don't need a diagnostic tool telling me if the indicators or brakelight work)
    If at all possible, I don't want to see any shop-mechanics near that bike....so the interest is certainly there.

Any of the local Melbournians want to share? I'm sure we can rustle up an older Win7 lappy to make this a "take-home" package.

Is there a limit on VIN numbers (I guess they're required by GS911 to run??) that the GS911 can be used on?
    engineerk9 likes this.
  20. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    The enthusiast version is a 10 VIN limit on the maintenance functions, the emergency functions are not VIN limited. One of the real benefits of the WiFi is the ability to do real time recording of engine sensors to track down intermittent faults or use it to look at lambda values as they are with setting up the LC2/ In the future there will also be access to maintenance functions in the cloud. Having access to fault code info and clearing faults info out on the road can save a lot of time