GPR exhaust anyone?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by morton750, Mar 19, 2014.

1. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
  2. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Well we're in May now, and still no word from GPR regarding the damaged exhaust....it's been 4 months since I first ordered and paid for the exhaust, been quite a while since I received the damaged replacement which was supposed to make up for the one that wasn't delivered on time. GPR both in England and Italy seem to just ignore my emails, and I have heard nothing from them at all since before I posted the first post of this thread.
    Is it unreasonable of me to expect to get an undamaged item when I order and pay for one, and at least get some sort of reply when pointing out that I have received damaged goods ? I didn't think so, but what do I know......
  3. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE

I'm presuming that you paid for the pipe on your credit card.
    Its a bit drastic, but it might prompts a response if you a) advise them in writing that you will be lodging a dispute with your credit card issuer to recover the money you paid because you are not satisfied with the quality of the goods you purchased, and b) lodge a dispute with your credit card issues (known as a chargeback) to recover the money you paid to them.
  4. Chuffa Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT250

Broke the replacement bracket last weekend too. The ride was nothing very technical. I think vibration is doing the damage & that's unavoidable on dirt roads & tracks. This time I've secured the silencer with a sturdy hose clamp and a 3mm thick steel bracket and mounted it to the stock rear mounting bolt hole. Time will tell how it holds up.

[IMG]
  5. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Morton, I told you to let me know if you had arrived the email. I have direct contact with the company. It 'a very serious company. If there are problems it is only for the inconvenience. It was I who lent the bike to them to let him design the drain. I try to write again. Definitely take back your exhaust to ascertain the causes of difeto. They are certain that you u transport problem. It 'a small company, it is not an assembly line then the pieces before sending them occur one by one. Be patient, you will see that we will solve the problem. But you do me the kindness to make me part of the events, otherwise I can not help you.

This email address is correct ?

mortensaethre@yahoo.no
  6. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Thanks again Megatiker! I just received your email, and sent you a reply just now. Things have been very quiet from GPR, not a word, looks to me like they don't want to respond to this matter.
  7. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Ok, as I've said in the email I am glad that you have answered the GPR. You'll see that everything will work out;)
  8. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001

But you broke this bracket?
    [IMG]
  9. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    From your photo I do not know if you broke the bracket that is attached to S that the rear subframe of the bike. Or if you broke the rubber band that wraps around the drain.
  10. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    I heard the GPR, have told me that the broken pieces have a warranty and therefore if you request we send spare parts.
    The only thing is to understand what is broken and how.
  11. Chuffa Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    XT250
    Hi megatiker75, the bracket that wraps around has broken. GPR sent me a replacement bracket the first time it broke. They have been very good to deal with but I feel the bracket does not suit my local conditions. Both brackets broke in exactly the same spot. I very often ride uneven dirt roads with lots of washboard corrugations, lumps and bumps. The second bracket broke during a ride for new off-road riders so the terrain was not too difficult. So it is not worthwhile for GPR to send me another bracket as I'm sure that would break eventually too. It has not been too difficult to secure the exhaust using a clamp and angle bracket.

[IMG]
  12. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    At work we normally use this sort of P-Clamp to secure harnesses & hoses and nothing more. Even then if they're subject to too much weight or flex, they will break. Utilising a stainless T-Bolt clamp as Chuffa has done will provide better clamping therefore more security and less likely to fail.

gpr_clamp01.jpg
  13. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    I understand, thank you. I will try to explain to the GPR problem. I'll ask him if they have the brackets more robust.
    nev.. likes this.
  14. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    I spoke with GPR, I asked if it was possible to request more resistant cable ties.
    They would like to see well the breaking point. Can you send or post more detailed photos of the band route?
    thanks

Send photos to me

roby975@tin.it
  15. nev.. Terrarist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 XT1200ZE
    Roberto, the riders with GPR exhaust are very fortunate to have you on this forum. You seem to be doing a great job liasing with the GPR manufacturers on behalf of other riders.
    Chuffa and megatiker75 like this.
  16. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Thanks Nev, I am a motorcycle enthusiast, and I am very pleased to be useful to other motorcyclists. Our bike in Italy has sold very little unfortunately. The GPR is the only company that has invested on our bikes. Before I bring the bike to develop the discharge does not know anyone in the GPR. Now that I've known I can say they were very good people. I understand that the remote management of the company with you can be difficult and I am very pleased to be able to help them too. You do not hesitate to contact me. Hello guys, you're great! ;)
    snail_72 and Chuffa like this.
  17. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Seems it would be best for GPR to add a bracket off of the forward mount as well, like the stock exhaust can uses. Their competition, Staintune, does this. If they would do that, I would be interested in a GPR can. I want a single exhaust but it needs to hold up to rough road and trail use. A riveted-on bracket like FMF uses would be nice too, but perhaps the GPR doesn't use material strong enough for that. Just thinking out loud....
    AUS_TR650 likes this.
  18. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    I sent some pictures to the GPR to analyze the problem of their brackets. Honestly on my bike while doing off-road I have not broken these metal supports.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/my-first-ride-off-road-with-the-tr650.36387/
    Anyway I think that will be enough to produce a GPR bracket slightly thicker. The current one is 1.5 mm.
    Consider that the GPR exhaust weighs much less original, and that's why you chose not to pay off an attack later as in the original solution.
    For the quality of the materials do not understand what you mean. They sell titanium exhaust (I have them as well) in steel and aluminum. You know ... the companies that build them in Adamantium? hi hi hi :D:p:cheers:
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    Megatiker, no criticism intended; I said "strong enough", not "quality". If the outer can is thin it would not be strong enough to rivet on an extruded bracket, such as the one on my FMF's. The rivets would just pull thru if the material is too thin or too soft. Anyway, I've never seen a GPR in person and was just comparing various mounting methods. :)
    megatiker75 likes this.
  20. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    ok, I have some difficulties to understand your language. Now I understand what you mean. I do not know if the coating is thick or thin. if you are interested I can try to ask the company;)
    however, my response was joking, I did not hurt;)