GPR exhaust anyone?

Discussion in 'TR650' started by morton750, Mar 19, 2014.

1. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Been reading about GPR exhausts on this forum and elsewhere online, and decided I would order one of their single side systems for my Terra, seems good value for money and an easy way to lose a bit of weight on the bike, too. As I was going to London for a long weekend in January, I got in touch with their English agent, who informed me this could be done, no problem to have it delivered to my hotel, so I paid and headed off to England...
    Well no package turned up at the hotel, I got back to Norway hung over and empty handed, and started emailing GPR's English agent again. After a few days, I got a reply stating there had been some production problems in Italy, but they would be happy to send me a more expensive system at no extra cost.

Well that's great, thank you very much! I'm off to sea for 4 weeks, so you're going to have to send it to my friends address, shouldn't be a problem, and it wasn't , the package turned up and was waiting for me when I got home a week or two later. Imagine my surprise when I opened the unharmed package and found this;
    image.jpg

Got back in touch with GPR England, who by the way have been most helpful all along, they again got in touch with the Italians, and everything went quiet about a week and a half ago, we'll see what happens next, but as you might understand, I'm not too impressed with GPR so far.... image.jpg
  2. Stefan NZ Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 TERRA 701E
    I bought a full single exit GPR system for mine. I must have shaved 6kg off the bike just by getting rid of that ghastly double exit standard one!
    The new system gave the bike a lovely noticeable kick in the mid range especially. It feels more eager to rev that before. Plus it looks and sounds awesome now. I'm well happy with it.
  3. bikehunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley, bmw, moto guzzi
    Push for a partial refund and bolt the bugger on the bike, best sound on a 650 so far, also a few more BHP added.
  4. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Would be on the bike already if it had arrived in an undamaged state, I was pretty excited about this system. Right now I'm just excited to hear what GPR have to say about it, it went awfully quiet after I emailed them those photos.
    I see you're in Hampshire, that's the Portsmouth/Southampton area, isn't it? Been there a few times on ships, but not in recent years.
  5. RacerAV Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '14 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Honda Ruckus, many others before
    man, what a bummer! I ordered the single full exhaust as well. The one you have pictured doesn't look like it though, is that the titanium one? really nice! lighter. I'd say keep it, get a little bit of a refund and be happy! when you end up denting it more, it won't be such a big deal! haha... I got the black can, hopefully dent free. They've been great with communication, shipping etc. Tracking it now, gonna be here in a few days.
    Good luck!
  6. bikehunter Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley, bmw, moto guzzi
    Its Between Bournemouth and Southampton in the New Forest, great for biking but not in the summer as too many tourist LOL
    To be fair the Italians have only manufactured a small quantity and if there's an order, it can take a few weeks for the stuff to arrive. Took me 2 weeks for mine but pleased with the outcome, sorry to hear of your displeasure. Did you get anywhere with your order?
  7. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    No word from the Italians yet, the British side of GPR have been great regarding communications and everything, but I assume they haven't heard from the Italians either. Originally I ordered the cheaper black one, then they offered me this more expensive one when they didn't manage to deliver as promised when I was in England. Looks great except for the dents, bet it sounds great too, haven't fitted it yet as I wanted to await the outcome of this. So far all I've heard is silence.
  8. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Morton write a message to me as if I were writing to the GPR. I'll forward it on to the proper;)
    FabOneUp likes this.
  9. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Thank you Megatiker, I will send you a PM as soon as I get the time!
    megatiker75 likes this.
  10. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Hello, ok I read everything. and I have written to the GPR, as soon as I answer I tell you something;) Hello hello Roberto
  11. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Thank you very much for your help!
  12. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Ok, I'd need your email address. He told me that GPR will contact you directly. You still have to send back the damaged terminal that you will be replaced. They are certain that this is a problem of transportation. They have a quality control that prevents you sure that they are packed already damaged drains. Honestly, having seen how they work to me it was difficult to believe that they had sent a drain already broken. However, the situation will be resolved for sure. Send me your information and email address. Hello;)
  13. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Thank you once again,Roberto - it took me months to try to get a word out of them, only took you a moment?! I am impressed! The build quality of the parts I have received seems very high, I just wish their communications were at the same level. My email is mortensaethre@yahoo.no. I will be at sea for a few weeks now, but can be reached via email at all times.
  14. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    Unfortunately handle sales all over the world is not trivial, you have to think about this. I think the main thing is to catch problem, the time it takes unfortunately sometimes you long for reasons of force majeure. However, I gave the 'email ... let me know what you say. in this regard your email ends up. ?
    Yahoo.no. or yahoo.no?
    Thank you and hello
  15. morton750 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph T595 Daytona
    Absolutely, most problems can be solved with a bit of dialogue, I don't quite know what happened to my exhaust, but when everything goes quiet, it's not easy to keep a dialogue. Thanks for doing this, this was an unexpected turn of things!
    The email is yahoo.no
  16. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    They responded by GPR. They will contact you to your email. Please just do it let me know. And if you do not get any contact within a week tell me too that we see what to do. Hello, you'll see that we solve everything;)
    morton750 likes this.
  17. nycrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilia Dorsoduro 750, Suzuki DR650
    A little bit off topic, but I've just watched a yt vid and the gpr exhaust sounds lovely. I've just got a few nooby questions about it if anyone can answer:

1. Single system comes with a new header pipe? (header pipe + 1 slip on exhaust?)
    2. Double exhaust system keeps the header pipes and just comes with 2 slip-ons? (2 slip on exhausts?)

Since the difference in price between the 2 options varies only by about 100euros and not double the price for the double exhaust system, I'm guessing that single exhaust comes with its own header, while the double exhaust system uses the stock header. Is this right?

3. Is it worth the money getting the GPE model instead of Furore? They seem to sound about the same, is there any real difference?

4. Are they legal in the US (New York)?

Thank you in advance!!
  18. AUS_TR650 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2008 KLX250S
    The only thing I'd be wary about a GPR or Screamin' Demon aftermarket exhaust slip-ons is that they don't utilise the front hanger bracket to support the muffler. If you're contemplating some serious off-roading, the clamp will fatigue ultimately failing. Go for the Staintune system which utilises the hanger.
    engineerk9 likes this.
  19. isldtime Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR650 STRADA
    Other Motorcycles:
    2002 Ural Tourist
    [IMG]

Installed mine a week ago. Full single system. Looks very well made. Fits very well. You won't feel any difference in weight. Mid range and top end is stronger(seat of the pants ).
    There is a bit more bark so I wouldn't grab a hand full next to a black and white!!

It doesn't weigh enough to need a front hanger. Or you can fab your own...
    engineerk9 likes this.
  20. megatiker75 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki ZX6R 2001
    I confirm that the hook does not do anything, it weighs very little and drain screw on which it is attached, along with the attack on the collector, give due support. I tried it also in serious off-road, so I would recommend it without any problems.
    I answer the question about choosing single or double.
    For $ 100 difference would take twice and apart from the collector would take to turn it into a single. Doing so would make the possibility of single double again in a few minutes and a few others.
    nev.. likes this.