1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Decatting the TE511 Muffler...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Apr 2, 2011.

1. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Did you do this and take pictures?
  2. MLuker Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Well I learned a great deal in precise planning and common sense.

1. First get the rivets removed by drilling with a big drill bit that will grab and kick the rivet out and punch it through with a screwdriver.
    2. Heat gun the surrounding flange to slide the exterior part of.
    3. Use a 4 inch cut off wheel grinder to remove the 4(?) spot welds. (first picture) This should allow you to put get a hold of the flange with the holes in it and rip that out. (second picture)
    ScreenClip spot welds.png
    ScreenClip flange part.png
    4. Right where that was covering the interior pipe is where you cut through.
    5. IMPORTANT OBVIOUS INSTRUCTIONS I DIDNT THINK ABOUT AND WAS NOT MADE AWARE OF BY ANYBODY. Besides the one person said they cut and needed to re-weld the exhaust because they probably made the same mistake. You need to make sure you cut more than a cm or two from the angle on my bottom arrow. I know this is pretty obvious but in my frustration with the process I forgot to think through that and started hacking away. Hope this helps anybody thinking about this. This cat-converter is a freaking brick and there's no way anybody actually expected us to keep it this way. should have came with a sign of obvious changes once we purchased!

ScreenClip spacing.png
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    That's why they would include an Akro slip on with the models not destined for the US.
  4. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Sorry to dredge this up. I'm seriously considering doing this now that I have a welder. When you say to remove the baffle are you talking about the core (that main tube that the packing is wrapped around), or something like the Quiet Insert?

Seems the best method would be to do this to the perforated core so the sound goes into the packing more. Whereas if you put the washers into the non-perforated quiet insert, sound will reflect back into the core?
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The baffle in the center of this Q4 is there in the middle. Had they used two half moon pieces instead of one solid piece, the sound pressure would have been reduced without so much back pressure.

[IMG]
  6. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Okay, so I'm trying to baffle my PowerCore 4. I have the 1-3/4" quiet insert, but I'm wondering if I should add the half moons to the quiet insert, or the PC4's core? I guess I'll try them in the quiet insert first. That way I only destroy a $30 part if I screw up.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Not sure how you would add them to the insert, but it will be easier to fix if you make a mistake. I would add them to the core, holding them in place with two large wood dowels. On the core, you weld from the outside, just small tack welds is all that is needed.
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  8. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S
    Just performed this procedure on my '13 TE449. Worked like a charm. Cut all the way around with a grinder with a cutting blade. Took about 2 minutes to get it cut out. Saving up for a bike for my son so I'm trying to stop spending money on this one.
    turtlemoye likes this.
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I just decatted mine too. Unfortunately I cut too close to the flange and that allowed the pipe to come off. I'm going to have to have someone weld it for me because it's stainless and my welder is just blasting right through the thin metal. So for anyone attempting this, be careful and cut on the far side of the existing weld.
  10. DJay trying to get my posts posted :/

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I want to quiet down my FMF PC4. I already have a quiet insert and I am sure it's well over 96db. Do you have a picture of how this is done?
  11. Robster Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 -11
    Else you just buy my stock Akra Ti (europe) muffler for 300 shipped to California. :-)
    If so email me at rliljekvist@telia.com.

//rob