1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Calling all 2013 TE449 owners - Would you buy it again?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by JeffV, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  2. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    Ah thanks for the info,my dealer same as yours lol..
  3. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
  4. Elsmicko Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XR 400
    Hi chaps, the supply of 13 bikes has dried up here in southern Tassie, so I think I was lucky to score one, considering the yuck that is the 2014 model (my opinion)! Planning a 3 day ride with a few of us up in the north of the state, but need a bash plate first....just wanted to know, is the 2012 TE449 frame the same as the 2013 as far as bash plate fitment goes?

Derwent Riders, Mud, Guts, Glory!
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Yes
  6. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    Thanks mate ,we got the same dealer,lol
  7. Olive xm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Small world where are you located?
  8. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    watsonia ,yourself?where do you go riding?
  9. Olive xm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Craigieburn, I go to tallarook, mount disappointment
  10. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    Been couple times talarook and dissa,but mainly Wombat east closer to Daylesford side its very good there through all year out,and Murrundindi,and we try to go 2-3 times a year to Merrijig thats probably the best i've been Sheepyard flat,Craigs hut all those areas
  11. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Ahhhh..kickin back, flippin thru "Dirt Bike" and enjoyin a couple Troegenators. image.jpg
  12. Isaac Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gixxer 600 K5, TM MX250F, WR200 '92
    Hi guys, I'm new here. I got my TE 449 3 months ago and I'm in love with it. I live in Spain, in the Canary Islands, and unfortunatly tje Husqvarna dealer for the Islands, closed the doors forever, so now, I'm waiting that KTM Spain, chooses it's new dealer for the Canary Islands. You are talking here aldo about remapping the ECU, but I think that here it would be impossible, first, 'cos I've never heart anybody here to talk about anything like that for that bike. Other problem is, that we have 2 years warranty, so, if I do the remap, I will void the warranty...my bike is running perfectly, no idle problems or flame outs or stalling....and my question is...is it worth to void the warranty for that set 3 remap?

Thanks.
  13. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No

you will get more power but if your bike runs perfect now ride it and keep the warranty unless you feel there is no way to take advantage of the warranty.
    turtlemoye likes this.
  14. Isaac Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gixxer 600 K5, TM MX250F, WR200 '92
    is it worth to void the warranty for that set 3 remap?
    No

you will get more power but if your bike runs perfect now ride it and keep the warranty unless you feel there is no way to take advantage of the warranty.

Thanks. I will wait then.
  15. Doug Piper Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR250 SM250
    Love my 449, purchased second hand unseen from a dealer up country, really well setup, starts well never cough stalls. Not good on the road work which is a shame but i am going to go down to 50 rear so i can do some faster trails. Not worried about parts Husky UK informed me that parts will be available for many years to come plus the new CCM uses the same engine. Worse case i would buy another one for spares.
  16. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    That about sums it up. Parts are and will be available. I have a G450X BMW and I put a 2011 Husky TC 449 engine in it. so I have a spare bullet on the shelf with about 130 hours on it. it's getting gone through just for use later. It of course has a wide ratio gear box compared to my Husky TC 5 spd. engine. When the TC is inplace I just run a 14 on the front sprocket and the BMW I run a 13 front. Either a 48 or 49 rear.

My BMW chassis has been upgraded to Gold-Valved WP forks completely rebuilt By Racetech, with 20mm offset trees and I now run the WP 5018 Trax rear shock as well. Its great to know the CCM is getting the same engines as the BMW like the one on my shop bench and I also understand they will be offering a 6 spd version as well in 1 of their models.

Be careful as the cable clutches on the BMWs version is not the same as the Husky's. I am not sure which clutch basket is being used in the CCMs. I don't know if they are a direct swap over regardless of which clutch actuation cover (BMW or Husky) you may choose to use but the clutch basket depth is different on the Husky engines for sure then the clutch on the BMWs. The plates are about .015 thinner for both fibers and steels each on the Husky engine. Clutch basket depth is a total depth difference of about .180 total if I remember. If you stack up the 6 fibers at Approx.(.105 thick) and 6 steels at (.065 thick) on the Husky clutch plates they measure approx. 1.060 static thickness. The BMW plates measure approx. (.120 thick) for the fibers and (.080 thick) each for the steels so they all stack up to about 1.200 overall static thickness. Thats the difference. the final steel plate and the cover with the diaphram spring I believe to be the same on each. I've had them both apart at the same times I just didn't think to measure every single thing infront of me at the time. It was enough to not mix things up.

Why "Husky or Kymco" would make this change I don't know? All I know is these clutches will take an extreme amount of abuse during use for their size thats for sure.

Maybe "Tinken" or "Motosportz" could ring in on this! They know and have more experience in these engines then anybody else I know of and probably have the parts out on the table at any given time they could check themselves and verify this.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I appreciate the ping but I have little experience with the motors insides on this bike as it has been stone reliable up until my stator started to fail the other day. On the other hand Tinken / Zipty has probably more experience with this motor than anyone in the USA. Those would be the go to guys for this stuff IMHO.
  18. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Hey thanks.
    I'm just not in a position to start ripping things apart for no reason again but I do have clutch plates put away from both engines. I should get my WP Trax shock today and install it tonight just for shits and giggles. Its about new (25 hours) and cost me less than 1/3rd of what a new one would have cost me.
  19. rumman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    Harley 2000 FLSTC
    bought my 2011 te449 about 3 weeks ago and had my first ride in the bush today, I haven't rode in the dirt for about 12 years so I took it reasonably easy, bike is fitted with the akropovic pipe and race map 2 and 14-52 gearing. first impressions...?? needs a 48 rear sprocket, forks are a bit harsh for trail riding and the gear lever is a bastard to change up a gear with boots and my size 13 feet ! good points ?? great power, great brakes, no flame outs, rear suspension is spot on, bike turns well and feels a lot smaller and lighter than what it is. will play around with the forks to get them the way I like them, will change to a 48t rear sprocket but not sure what to do with the shifter as it sounds like everyone hates the stock shifter. I will also be looking for some foldable mirrors as the original mirrors are a piece of shit and I wont ride on the road without mirrors as the cops here in NSW just love pulling over any type of bike for anything they can ping you for, any suggestions as to where to find foldable mirrors ?
  20. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    I have these but I cant remember the brand name. image.jpg
    The stock shift lever comes "factory" in the wrong spot. Change the angle. It work fine. Get the right tool for the job and you wont have to beat your head against the wall to move the shifter.