1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Calling all 2013 TE449 owners - Would you buy it again?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by JeffV, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I'm close to $18k total investment into my 511 if it makes you feel better? :D
  2. Olive xm Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 449
    Hey Tinken can that power be made from a TE head or do you need the compression ratio of the TC?
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    From TE head ok.
  4. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    Hey, I finally had my rotator cuff shoulder surgery yesterday, and it hurts like crazy for now. Getting a screw from my wrist removed that the sharp point of this screw is sticking out through the farside of the bone next week, thats been shredding my tendons also. Its one of about 20 screws holding Titanium plates onto the Raduis and Ulna bones from a severe break I did last year in July.

I could have had both procedures done at the same time yesterday but didn't want to take the risk of my U.S.Dept.of Labor, Workers Compensation paper work and bills getting mixed up from my injury to shoulder. Crossed over with my wrist injury which I did on my personal off duty time. It took about 6 full months to appeal and have my DOL shoulder injury Adjudicated to get this surgery approved and done as it is. 1 slip up with the hospital paperwork getting sent to the wrong place and I'll be on the hook for the entire bill. Its bad enough I was just furloughed from my DHS/CBP welding job the other day as it is but i will be off for about 6 to 8 weeks and for right now myself and about 800,000 others have been temporarily cut off from drawing a paycheck, sick leave, annual leave or Federal continuation of pay in my case. Either way I'm screwed until the politicians agree on budget. The word is though we will get reimbursed for the time we were off.

I'm having the screw takenout about an hour or 2 after my shoulder stitches come out. So with a bit of recovery time and physical therapy. I should be back out and riding before the X-mas holidays. I can't wait to get out and do some riding and start tearing it up again. I'll tell you right now if could find a dealer here in AZ with a 511 or 449 in stock I'd snatch one up in a heartbeat. These are great bikes for the money and like my tricked out BMW G450X It never fails to take me places that amaze me of its capabilities every time i ride it. I'm looking forward to see what the new Husqvarna models are going to be like.

if I could find a nice demo 570-70 degree Husaberg I would pay top dollar for one of those as well.
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    The shutdown is a bummer, but at least it's like a paid vacation...if you can make it to the other side I guess. My son called me today to let me know that he will be receiving his orders for duty station next week, and likely graduating from his A school the week after. The good thing is that the Marine Corps will pay for his plane ride home from Florida for leave and his ride to wherever he is stationed! The bad part is that the people who make the travel arrangments for MAC flights are, you guessed it, furloughed federal workers.

I would love to get a 110th anniversary 449 or 511 so I could have the first and last of the line, but probably not in the cards for the time being. Damn responsibility!:banghead:
    4eyes and Tinken like this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know, all these smoking deals on new 125's and I'm still riding my 04. :cry:
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Ty will probably sell his barely raced MY13 procircuit 125 at the end of the year for dirt cheap.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Just in time for christmas :D
    4eyes likes this.
  9. 4eyes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha R5
    Only ridden on Sundays. :thumbsup:
  10. Radar Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    And just to the podium and back.
    turtlemoye and Motosportz like this.
  11. AgedFlatulence Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY2013 TE449, 2015 FZ-07
    Due to time constraints I have not had a chance to take this bike for a long outing. I have been limited to short 30-40 hops near home. I flashed my ECU (ZipTy) and added an FMF. At 200 miles I have this impression.

Stock it is okay for putt'n around but it is prone to stalls at low rpm, solved by new mapping. I put a map switch on thinking I could switch back for fuel saving, but I tried that yesterday, pulled over and switched it back after 3 miles.

Everyone was talking about how these bikes are wheelie machines but I was just not seeing it. I chalked this up to nalga bruta. However, my last two rides it just keeps getting better. It seems like it is more powerful every time I ride it. This leads me to believe that the bike is not broken in yet. Patience was never a strength, ask the wife.

The bike handles great, is light weight and easy to throw around. It is great until you want to stop, get off or on. Are these bikes made for giants? I mean seriously. In a few months it goes to ZipTy to be lowered. The only other pressing issue would be fuel range ...........
  12. Sailingaz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none at this time
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 GasGas EC300, 94 BMW R100GS
    Ha-ha..I fall off/over mine all the time..it is TALL. Used to my Gas Gas which is much shorter, go to put feet down and no ones home! my resolution to range was to buy the IMS seat/tank combo and am very pleased with it,its a bargain considering the quality of the seat and tank. I still have race map 2, need to ditch it, bunch of tip overs due to flame out in awkward moments, been resorting to slipping the clutch and keeping it revved. It has some power too, three sets of tires in 1500 miles, its very rocky and abrasive where I live and ride, going to try some other tires besides Michelin's and Dunlop's, its not about traction at this point...
    AgedFlatulence likes this.
  13. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    It does indeed take some breaking in to realize it's potential. My power wheelies started grabbing me by surprise after 400miles. Keep riding, put in good synthetic oil, repeat. Btw, mine pulls great wheelies and it's got stock exhaust and ECU map. Mine can't be reflashed boohoo.
  14. Sailingaz Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none at this time
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 GasGas EC300, 94 BMW R100GS
    I weighed mine aftermarket skid plate, radiator guards, hand guards, IMS tank w/ 1.5 gal, Seat concepts seat, tool bag w/ tools and spare heavy duty 21" tube. 150 pounds front, 161 pounds rear. can you smell bacon?
  15. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    I have a '13 te 449 just bought in May with a 700km on it,i have to admit i like this bike more than enything else i've owned over the years.Im not biased on any brand and i had a few xr's RE,RF wrf 250,wrf450 Sherco 4.5 all had their positives and negatives.It seems the positives outnumber the negatives with the te 449.All brands have their own little or big problems.Now mine is a AUS del with a race2 map on it and Akro exhaust thats how i bought the bike from the show room.So far i have not experienced any flame out issues or stalling.What i don't like is the gear lever position and i have tried to rectify by changing the tip with a Hammerhead one but without the desired results,better but not satisfied.I've lowered the lever with a different offset tip.Power is good a bit more would be preffered and althouth is a 6speed box it needs a bit wider ratios up top.As many others finding neutral can be a bit hard at times but not a issue.Something else i don't like is the fact you can not fill it to the recommended oil capacity,i know theres a plythora of info on this subject but i can only manage to get 1lt in it without losing any.Also our bikes inAUS it's recommened oil is a 10w60 full synth Motul,is the oil too thick for this bike being from memory 24cst @100c or does that mean the higher the cst at operating temp the better ?
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Shoot for a target area of 13-14cst @100c and something close to 75cst@40c. In the states we use 0W40, 5W40 and 10W40 although the lighter weights preform better. This is especially true on the 2015 and newer Husky's coming which have even finer oil jets than even the 449's.
  17. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    Ok thanks Tinken thats what i needed to know 13-14cst,i still don't understand why AUS delivery bikes specify 10w-60 Motul and if you ask the dealers they say due to our "harsh" enviroment as if in other countries doesn't get hot or cold and to be honest you guys in the states ride in harsher conditions than ours.Any news on a aftermarket gear lever?
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    No aftermarket shift levers as of yet, try BMW levers. The thinner oil is actually more protection over the thicker oil and better cooling.
  19. hsq449 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 te 449
    Ok once again thanks a lot for your assistance, will give BMW a go
  20. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Two wheels are better than no wheels, but I freakin love my TE511 '13 - just like any new relationship there's a breaking in phase - the first 1000km's were a little bumpy:
    -couldn't understand why they put on the emissions stuff - they were like Christmas decorations for the EPA? they just can't be left on
    -clutch takes a bit of breaking in... now smooooth as Ali
    -changed to FMF & race map II - it's like the slingshot effect of using the sun's gravity to time travel (star trek style), I seem to approach trees in a sped up reality
    -wore out the stock Michelin in <500km, put on a Tractionator and 900km's later it hooks up better than a $3.... ;)
    Here's some fun times a couple of weeks ago:
    PS the DRZ had a rough go not only with the hill but with rocks to;)
    PPS I could have done it if I had one more try....

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz56lNjqBjM