Best Spark Plug 4 Terra: Show me your PLUGS

Discussion in 'TR650' started by mag00, Aug 6, 2014.

1. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    In the end I would say that there is little difference between the Pulstar and the Brisk, although my bike was so messy until I placed the EJK back that I wouldn't consider it as a veritable testbed. In any case there is obviously no reverting back to Brisk given the latest happening, so I'm happy that there's at least an alternative equal in performance.
    mag00 likes this.
  2. WayneC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    F650GS Dakar
    Pretty clear indication both Ogre_II and WFerrari machines have early firmware as the added power of spark from the Pulstar capacitive element produces significant differences on all the 650 Rotax designs, it is important to only purchase Pulstar from the official sources though as it would be easy for the cloning mobs to produce a plug which looked like a Pulstar but lacked the capacitor, that is the tightly guarded and patented element in the design
  3. Ogre_fl Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tiger 1050
    Not sue how you are coming up with that.
    I have only ran stock plugs.
    Mark_H likes this.
  4. Mark_H Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TR 650 Strada; 2015 Nuda 900R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda XRM 125, Kawasaki Curve 115
    I have had Brisk Plugs in my bike for the past 4000 km, so upon reading this I was a little concerned and pulled them for inspection straight away.

My bike is running K&N Air Filter, Dyna-Boost, Big Injector and has the AIT sensor moved to right hand side air intake.
    I use almost exclusively 100 Octane ethanol free fuel and have no problems with stalling or pinging/lean running.
    It is a 2012 bike running (as far as I know, the earliest firmware)

Brisk 01.JPG

Although the picture does not show it clearly, the plug tips are a deep chocolate brown colour, indicating to me that the bike is running almost perfect combustion. Also they are in almost perfect condition and show no signs of wear or damage at all.

The picture the OP posted showed signs of lean running and possibly detonation that has damaged the plugs, I would be very concerned as to the condition of other engine internals including piston, valves etc.

As far as I am concerned the Brisk plugs are still a good improvement and mine have been cleaned and gone back in for another spell.
  5. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    After running a little longer, my sensations are that the Brisks were slightly better performing at low RPM, while the Pulstars really shine at over 4000rpm. Also, it seems that the Pulstars are getting better with time, much smoother throttle response.

In all fairness I was running the AR10ZS, while yours are the AOR10LGS, which are more conservative replacement plugs, but I have to admit that my bike was running really lean during the three weeks without my EJK.
    Mark_H likes this.
  6. wferrari Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR 650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    V-Strom
    After some further testing I've found that the bike has a tendency to get into some very low idle mode after being idle for a few seconds. Basically the bike stays at around 1500-1550 rpm for 5-6 seconds, and then drop to 1400-1450, running in somewhat more erratic way. The problem is that when I slightly accelerate, the bike would stutter between 2000 and 2500 rpm. Not a big deal, because a quick turn of the throttle would restore the "normal" idle, but quite bothering. Not sure if the EJK has something to do with it, or the Pulstar for that matter, but I purchased the Brisk AOR10LGS to see if there's any difference. (and broke my early promise to not purchase Brisks again.