1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

AWSOME side stand for DOHC TE's

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Joliet, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Is there any update on the kickstand? I am afraid that I will need a new bike before I get a kickstand or damper mounted on my Husky.:) Ken
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Been very occupied with 2 other new products for a while now. Those are getting very close to being done and when they are, we will jump into this kick stand project. :thumbsup:
  3. karlnum Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    G450X
    please......... Thank You.
  4. ffkira Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 TE 150i
    I have an 08 TE250 and HATE the kickstand so we modified it and it works great! We cut 3/4" out of the stand and re-welded it (one of the guys I work with is an excellent welder). Repainted it and it's darn near perfect!
  5. noairkerr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 WR 125
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 yamaha wr250f 2005 ktm 200 exc
    Could you post a picture,or explain where you cut? I've been thinking about bending the mounting plate out ,more like my Yamaha ,thanks KP thumbsup:
  6. ffkira Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 TE 150i
    sorry this took me FOREVER...I put red lines on where we initially cut. We took out 3/4" and had it welded by a guy I work with. He even sanded it and painted it for me.

[IMG]

Here is a pic of the bike so you can see the new lean. It's not perfect but it's much better than it was. I can't believe husky hasn't come up with a better kickstand yet (unless they did on the 2010s??)

[IMG]
  7. huskyte310 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09/te310
    I took 1/2 inch off my kickstand.
  8. FatBuoy Husqvarna
    B Class

For me it's not so much the length, although that could help a bit. The big issue is the angle at which it protrudes from the bike and hits the ground. The bike pushes it straight down, burrying it into the dirt-then it falls over. If the stand jutted out more (hit the ground at an angle), the load from the weight of the bike would be distributed out and down. This is my theory and I'm sticking to it. Try this-go outside with a stick. Push it straight down into your freshly watered yard and it will sink in. Now, hold it at an angle and push down(straight down, not pushing it toward the angle-no sinky.:thumbsup:

Disclaimer: I am by no means an engineer nor do I play one on TV.
  9. ffkira Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 TE 150i
    Hi :) Taking out some of the length creates a greater angle. See my pic above in this thread. The bike leans over more than it did without the 3/4" taken out of the stand. I ride mostly single track so yes, I still have issues on wet ground, but it actually stays up sometimes now instead of falling over all of the time :)
  10. SilverTT Husqvarna
    A Class

7602 or other fabricators, any update on this side stand issue?

Mine sucks and anyone who has solved the problem will get my business. My sidestand barely holds up the bike on perfectly flat concrete.
  11. Randog Husqvarna

I have a new 2010 TE510, would you like to do some R/D? I could test it for you.
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com

We made up a couple prototypes and were testing them when someone posted that another company had already come up with a solution. So we dropped it and moved onto other things. Now it looks like they aren't making them. We currently have a ton of other projects in the works so getting back to the kickstand will take a while.
  13. J.R. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    450 Supermoto! and a BUNCH 'O parts
    Are the kickstands that bad?? Im building a 530 for supermoto/RR and want one so when I hit the streets I dont have to find a damn wall to lean to like I do on my RMZ.. I found a used one from a guy I bought a bunch of parts from. He wants $50 for a kickstand, Batt. bracket, and coolant overflow.

I have yet to own a bike w/kickstand since my DRZ.. :lol:
  14. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I hated the side sand on my 630 when it was new. But have got used to it now and wouldn´t change it. Have still got some items to work on, but the side stand´s slipped off the list.
  15. dibblego Husqvarna
    A Class

Has this been worked on? If not, is it possible to explain your the design details?
  16. ffkira Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2020 TE 150i
    My hubs surprised me and bought the Motosportz kick stand and modified my frame, it's awesome! Wish I would have done it when I bought the bike.
  17. dibblego Husqvarna
    A Class

The problem I have is that I have lowered the suspension at both ends and now the stock aluminium stand (2009 TE510) won't even stand up on the garage floor. I am hoping someone has fabricated the adapter plate that moves the stand out so I can get one!
  18. yorkie Husqvarna
    C Class

I had the same problem on my '11 310.
    Here's a couple of pics of my solution.
    It places the foot of the stand approx 50mm futher out from the centre line of the bike, however the foot had to be cut off and rewelded as once further out it was at the wrong angle. IMAG0062.jpg IMAG0065.jpg IMAG0066.jpg
    robertk61 likes this.
  19. windsurf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Where did you get the twin headlight conversion? Looks a lot better than std square one. I had a 900SS and loved the bike but the Square headlight always looked dated.
  20. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I'm building about 20 side stands for the 630 and info is here http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/any-interest-in-a-630-sidestand.22487/ and more details here http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/te-630-sidestand-mod-complete.22459/ It would be great if a real manufacturing type would tackle this, although it isn't too difficult. It is important that the top of the stand tube be well reinforced, and that it has a strong "stop". The one on the 630 was crap! I put a 2.5" dia. pad on the bottom. Being just 5' 10", I need to be able to stand on the peg to mount the bike, especially with gear on board!