1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

AWSOME side stand for DOHC TE's

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Joliet, Sep 1, 2009.

1. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    I have been thinking about the same adaptor approach, but you beat me to the punch. My 08 TE250 has been lowered a bit so I might have to accommodate for that, but I am convinced that an adaptor has much promise to be an easy way to change to an improved geometry that improves stability.
  2. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

I don't think close-up picture gives an accurate representation of the bikes leaning angle. I'll take and post a picture showing the whole bike.

It's a shame that after Husky went to the trouble to cast such a nice stand the didn't get the design right. I have 4 other bikes in my shop and they all a have a similar designs that is simple and puts the stand foot about 10" out from the edge of the bike.

I guess those Husky engineers never get of the office and look around.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Because of all the awesome Husqvarna owners on Cafe Husky make it such a nice place, it might be possible that they are now receiving more feedback than they did before.
  4. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Looking forward to seeing that. From the other pictures it looks like just the sort of thing I had in mind; simple to fit, no need to mangle the frame, and it's got to be an improvement over standard if it's 4 inches further out. That gives it a wider base and the bike will be leaning a little more towards the stand so it should be more stable both to left and right. :thumbsup:

Now that it swings more outwards and less downwards, is it possible to move the stand up and down without leaning the bike away from you? I'd think at the very least it would need to be leaned less, which would be a plus. :applause:
  5. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are the pictures of the 08 TE450 with the stand adapter bracket showing the bike angle. I wish I would have designed this a year ago and saved a the cost of a broken clutch master cylinder not to mention all the time looking for something to lean the bike against on the trail.

The level is shown in the picture to provide a plumb reference.

I mounted the adapter on an 09 WR125 and found the stand in the up position was too far inward toward the tire. Need to make an angle adjustment and test on other 08s & 09s.

Attached Files:

6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    How much more upright was your bike before?
  7. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Coffee,
    I know you would have done the same for me, so I went and installed the stock stand and took a picture for you!:D

You can see the angle difference by the distance from the end of the foot peg to the level in the before and after pictures.

Attached Files:

8. jlk_250 Husqvarna
    A Class

I for one think that looks awesome. Getting the foot out at an angle like that is the key to having a functional side stand.
  9. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    I appreciate the added effort :thumbsup:

I've got no clue what the perfect angle is supposed to be but it obviously looks much better.

I took a long long look at both pics and did some math, it appears stock is about 8+ degrees and with your adapter it looks to be about 15 degrees. Yes, I took a ruler to the screen measured how far the bike was leaning from the level and did the inverse tangent of the angles (left right divided by vertical measurement).
  10. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Men and their rulers.:lol: Good estimate Coffee.:thumbsup:

And now for Autocad estimate...

Attached Files:

11. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

But does Autocad take into account the curvature of the space-time continuum due to gravity from the earth and sun etc? :thinking:

Men and their software... :lol:

Whatever the exact angles, 15-ish degrees sure looks much better than 8-ish degrees. :thumbsup:
  12. gandalf Husqvarna
    AA Class

Seymore, this looks great! Would/are you considering selling them? I'd really love this for my 08 TE250!
  13. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

Still doing a little more refining first. I'd like the angle to work for both the 08 & 09.
  14. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

Thought about you today while I was pushing the bike around on a trail trying to find somewhere it would stay upright! Can't wait to see the finished article. :thumbsup:
  15. STmatt Husqvarna
    B Class

I too would buy a better side stand for my 04 TE450. Once upon a time I owned a 99 YZ400 and bought a ProMotoBillet side stand. Great stand and built well enough for a 200 pound guy to kick start the bike while supported by the stand. I don't trust the side stand on the Husky to support it's own weight.

Attached Files:

16. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Does this mean just a bracket replacement or bracket plus new stand and would it work for an 06 TE 450.

Cheers.
  17. seymore Husqvarna
    AA Class

I'm not sure about the fit on earlier than 08. They used a new frame in 08 and made a few changes in 09. \

Maybe you could post a close of picture of you kickstand mount.
  18. Joliet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can you give us a quick update on this?
  19. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I wish I had big news to tell you, but sorry, I don't. It is still in the design stages. I have 2 other projects in the works right now, along with just finishing up a HUGE run of clutch and ignition covers. Add in trying to prepare for Baja, and I just haven't had much time lately.
  20. Wadman Husqvarna
    B Class

I would just like to have a kick stand on my 09 txc 250. I know there is one out there but I read somewhere on here that it rubbed on the swing arm.