Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    Need to send those fast guys to re education camps. Kinda like those guys who can't use LHRB's ?
    Kevin_TE250 likes this.
  2. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It's not what they're used to and they lack the ability and/or interest to adapt style/technique to new technology.

Also, it provides superior traction and some riders prefer to ride with limited traction (ie: lots of sliding).
  3. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    So what does that mean on the trails exactly? You can't just twist the throttle open and get the rear suspension to compress? Without this compression, the bike will not fly off a jump or other obstacle the same as a non-CTS bike?
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I think the issue at the speeds those guys goes much further than that. Many guys struggled to make it work at that level. I love it at my level but those guys are in another zipcode speed wise and if they say it does not work after a year of frustrations and many changes I'm cool with that.
    MotoMarc36 likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No, not that drastic IMHO. Just feels more planted and different. Lots of vids on the net with guys hucking it big time. I think if this was on a more race oriented bike like the X-light it might be more accepted. Bike was just to odd and different for some dudes at the top to adapt to on more levels than just the CTS. IMHO.
  6. Russ Henry Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 310
    It is the fast guys that sell. I heard that Ty Davis did modify the CST to squat.
  7. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    It's CTS, not Central Standard Time.
  8. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

If you can't beat them , buy them.
  9. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does this mean White Power Suspension, (puke)? and PWK carburation, (shwing).
  10. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Say good buy to low prices.
  11. vegtablebrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Hey Pierer, contact Walt, aka Wallybean and put his 165 into production. He even uses a KTM pipe. It's a start.
    wallybean and LandofMotards like this.
  12. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

Never happen. They are going to keep their well established ktm motors. They have that production down pat and won't want to go "backwards" with use of the Husky 125 platform. The Euro's don't get big bore 125's, it just isn't a priority for them. The best we can hope for is a 200. I don't have any insider info and we will all know before long. I just look at it that the bottom line for these companies is making money. They make more money by doing more with less.....more models sharing all major components just packaged differently with different combinations of those universal components. JMO

If you have a Husky model that you love as is buy it now and stash it for later! That's my plan and I will have a crate stored for that rainy day.
    fletchman45 likes this.
  13. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am not going to comment at all. But the odds of me ever riding a after 2013 are pretty much done and gone..............................My choice. Thank you. Lets really see where all this goes before jumping the gun like we all have been.
  14. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I do like this idea. ALOT!! Now if I only had and extra $20,000 I would grab 4 144's, Wait make it $25,000 I will take that dated WR 250 also.:D
  15. guscycle Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '99 Husky CR250, '07 Husky WR125,
    Other Motorcycles:
    '10 Husky SMR450, '98 Husky Scooter
    ...dang it..I just refinanced my house!..I wish I could re-do it again and list new bike(s) replacement under "home remodel" so I could pick up a couple of spares myself...#!*%+$ it! ..another "day late,dollar short"..
  16. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Hey I work in the media and I can tell you guys that no reporters ever ever put spin on a story, misinform the public with half truths, or allow big business or government to hold any sway whatsoever with the news they choose to report.
  17. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    And I have this land for sale...it's a little wet at times, but a really good deal.:D
    john01 likes this.
  18. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    [Here is the third and final part of our exclusive interview with Stefan Pierer, CEO of KTM and Husqvarna new owner (for the first part click here for the second click here ).
    We remove a curiosity, but all the attention to the electric KTM has waned?
    I do not see great prospects for this sector because the batteries are not up to the level the bikes they need. In addition, the package lithium batteries is dangerous in case of an accident: it can trigger an explosion. It is very, very dangerous. Just think of the problems he had Boeing. The battery technology is not at a level that would justify a large investment in the product. Our electric bike (the Freeride E , ed) is ready, operated, developed, but the battery pack costs 2,000 euro. Too much. The market will recover only with products that are less expensive and more efficient, truly innovative.
    For example?
    In Paris, 30% of the scooters are MP3. That, to me that's very smart idea. With many positive features. It's great, this type of scooter will always be present, but KTM tries to cover the segment of urban mobility with sportbikes, because it is part of our tradition and our culture.
    What can we expect from KTM in sport on-road for the next few years?
    Moto2 has the constraint of Honda engines. The solution to make it really interesting, and I give it as advice to Ezpeleta, would be to make the bikes of 500 cc two-cylinder, in order to recreate the atmosphere of the Moto3, where there are several manufacturers or assemblers who face incurring costs after all affordable.
    And the MotoGP?
    The MotoGP I do not think could be of interest as a small manufacturer KTM , while the Superbike interest to us. However, depends on the rules. For what is emerging in the next 2/3 years there may be a glimmer of interest to us.
    How to live in the future dualism KTM / Husqvarna rally?
    The competition is positive at all levels and in all contexts. Husqvarna is competitive and has done a great job with riders winning. Where is the problem. ]

These translations often skew the grammar and sometimes make it hard to get the intended meaning.
  19. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    Today I drove a couple of hours to a small city to see Doctor. Afterwards I went to the local Honda/Husky dealer to see the TR650. First look for me.
    They only had a Strada and they were waiting for Terra's which are frozen until the Ownership papers are changed from BMW to Husky.
    This dealer has had the Husky line only for a few years. Loves the bikes and has hated the distributor [ Canada]. He very excited for the future under new ownership and new distribution in Canada.
    We talked for a while about the bikes and KTM involvement and said he was told to hang on for a rough year and then a series of new models would begin to flow. He was told specifically a new "600"
    dual sport with quality components and built to a price point.
    "Built to a price point" to me means[for better or worse] built by Bajaj in India, just like the new KTM 390 Duke[44hp,330wet, cr/mo frame,Al swingarm,6"WP forks, all at about $6,000US next year]
    They will not use the 690 engine because it is too high tech and expensive too make and you don't need 70HP to dominate the field of affordable road worthy[read, "all day"] dual sports.
    The 125 and 200 Duke engines use same cases with different bore and stroke,the 390 engine weighs 20lbs more because of larger cases designed for more power. I think it is safe to assume that they built the cases for two engine sizes as with the smaller sizes. Easy to see 55HP.
    But the trick will be to come up with a smooth vibration free engine that is tractable and exciting like the TR650, no easy feat.
  20. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    ???

What is MP3 in this reference?