Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    This is the first in a series of of daily snippets of a long interview with Stefan Pierer from Moyociclismo magazine.
    Coffee could you set up this one too, please?
  2. Howard V Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    sv650 klr250
    Coffee likes this.
  3. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  4. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

This is very interesting... a couple of things I noted:

"The real Husky customers are disappointed" -- true enought I think. Whatever his vision is, it seems clear he wants "real Husky customers" not to be disappointed. In my mind, that means current, modern competitive machines -- whatever those look like.

"After Easter, I'll have a plan..." Sounds good -- I hope he shares it.

The comments about Husaberg are interesting -- "I want Husky to be the second brand..." -- this reads to me like Husaberg is going away.

In the end -- this is pretty positive I think. 5 years from now nobody will even remember what the fuss was about.
    310huskyTE likes this.
  5. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Dave,
    It's been 25+ years since Electrolux sold Husky to Cagiva and some people are still smarting about that. We'll see this time....
    boisedave likes this.
  6. boisedave Husqvarna
    AA Class

You're right -- I can still remember that. Husky was never really the same after that!!! That being said, I'm looking forward to something new and different. Frankly I don't really care if it has a ton of KTM DNA -- just want a competitive 2-stroke.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    TC-TE-TXC250/310/CR-WR125 chassis with KTM DNA Husky badged 250/300 2T. Demand among the faithful is big.
    Keep the 125/144 and the 250/310 4T as is for now.
    FatDaddyMX and 454x like this.
  8. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    And 200.
    john01 likes this.
  9. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    If nothing else, SP is as serious as a heart attack about the Husqvarna company it seems ...
  10. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
  11. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Press releases in business need to be crafted just as carefully as their political counterparts.
    Having said that, I like to think of myself as a "half full kind of guy."
    I'm going to be in the wait and see mode until it unfolds, which will take some time...
    JonXX and Coffee like this.
  12. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:

Yep, and SP used Easter as a point in time reference for his plans ... I kind of like that ...
    BadMotoWeazal and sabortooth like this.
  13. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Sounds good to the faithfull Husky rider.I am glad to hear he likes DIRT BIKES Looking back I feel BMW was really
    not into getting dirty.They wanted to push Dual sport and Adventure type bikes TO me and the loyal Husky rider
    Husky is a dirt bike company with a real racing heritage so please lets hope it goes back to its roots.To me
    Husky riders are like Nascar and BMW riders are like formula 1 Look at some of the old time husky shops like uptite and Mr George himself.Shop might look like heck but George knew everything about a Husky Along comes BMW
    and they push George and alot of shops like that aside only to replace them with a big fancy shop that sells KTMs along with a few Husky.Then if you ask a saleman about the Husky he will answer you with a KTM responce
    Husky really does not have a competive open class bike Yes the 310 is a good bike but it can not run for the overall
    The 449/511 nobody really races one i know you will point one a few guys but really not a bike people want to raceThe 125/144 is a greatbike but the 125 class is gone by the wayside It is making a come back The Wr 250/300
    are good but look old next to a new KTM
    So anything this guy does will be better then what BMW has done to promote real dirt bikes
    Connor, bmah, Troy F Collins and 2 others like this.
  14. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SP is a dirt bike guy and likes racing them also ... When Andrew Short (AS29) first went over from hondo and rode the 350, he said the VPs there loved racing as opposed to hondo just going at it in suits and business as usual ...

Say what you want, but if you do not have a live performance (racing in this case) of your product in a positive light, you are not gonna grow to the top of whatever it is you are selling ... You'll be another small company with maybe a great product but not enough advertising to spread the word to the population on how great your product really is ...

--

Hindsight is ~20/20 on bmw ... seems ridiculous now and someone over there might have even got canned over that or their career has topped out over there ...
  15. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    i thought this thread was locked! :D :lol:
  16. Planepower Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2007 TC 250/ 450 6spd, 2007 SMR 530
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducat 1198S, SV1000, CBR125, DRZ125
    Lets keep this thread informative and non-bashing. :)
  17. mekanik Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630
    + 1, I am all about looking forward!
    310huskyTE likes this.
  18. huskybear Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 wr144 with lectron carb, stuff!
  19. turboslacker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2009 TXC250
    I say reopen the 61 page thread when news occurs, then stay on topic. That is an important historical thread, and I read every darn post! It feels incomplete without "the rest of the story" captured in context as it unfolds. Good stuff.
    Big and Husky likes this.
  20. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The interview sounds good. BMW definitely was on the wrong ("adventure bike") track and if the new bloke concentrates his energy on Husky, all will be good.
    TemecuCoastie and ray_ray like this.