Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Phil Lamb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    There are obviously men of stature here on Café Husky. Now we know why their comments carry so much weight. :)
    water racer, 4eyes, K5PL5 and 3 others like this.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R

Tinken is the rare guy that can make me appear a lightweight :rolleyes: but barely.
  3. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 Suzuki SV1000/73 Honda CB350
    Is this why we chose the "Husky" brand name?
    Im "only" 6' and 220 lbs lol. I can still run 2 miles in about 16 minutes tho.
    454x and troy deck like this.
  4. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    showoff[IMG] when did you try that last?
  5. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Haha i do it all the time. Have to-my job requires it.
  6. Phil Lamb Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    So at 6.0 and 225 and 62, I won my age class in a 5k 2 years ago in Bellingham, WA. I was 60, there was one other guy in my class that looked about 80, I walked on my degenerative arthritic knee the last 3/4 mile, but I WON (the funniest part was being passed by all the young mothers pushing strollers). Something to be said for gaming the system, which, to bring this back, is what S.P. is trying to do with the multi-brand approach. Like movie theatre screens in a given market area all owned by one company. Better to have more screens per ten thousand population than is the industry norm, to keep out the competition. Nice segue, if I do say so myself.
    4eyes and ray_ray like this.
  7. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    :applause:
    ray_ray likes this.
  8. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    You're lucky to be on the old man PT scale ;)
    K5PL5 likes this.
  9. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    Mmmmm gotta love uncle sugar:applause: i cant do it YET
  10. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lol uncle sugar?
  11. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yeh by Army standards its nothing special but 20 years ago I was running in the 12's. Gettin old in the Army is like aging in dog years.
    454x and LandofMotards like this.
  12. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    Tinken we could swap suspension and it may be perfect, who makes youre springs, mine are cannon hill I believe. Oh one last thing youde have to ride an 04 husky dinosaur like me:)
    ray_ray likes this.
  13. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    one thought, are the Husqvarna brand now dead .... Because here allmoust all talk about that you should not buy the Husky because it is a thing of the past already. And not going to get parts, maybe something consumable parts..
    Should i sell my Husky away???
  14. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    The BRAND is alive and well with new models sitting on dealer's showroom floors and appearing at racetracks and trails everywhere. The future parts supply for the BMW/Italian bike models is still being worked out. Gas Gas just picked up rights to the earlier engines ..... parts are available, but the devil is in the details.
    robertaccio, JonXX and ray_ray like this.
  15. Mik-3 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Husvarna SM510R 2010
    so i should get in future some parts as normal on my 2010 sm510r model and it is at same as MVagusta time/owner ship
  16. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Husqvarna AB > MV > KTM

Deja vu all over again
    robertaccio and ray_ray like this.
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I was in the 80-80-10 club throughout my Army career... Just a club name up I made up ... > 80 pushups, > 80 situps, and did the run somewhere in the 10s ...Never could get the 92 situps to MAX out the top numbers for the youngest guys ... I could do lots more than 92 situps, just not in 2 minutes ...

Being a country boy from the great state of AR, I always thought these MIN limits for the PT standard for most age groups were BS, so I always tried to max-out on the scale... Wanted those promotion points also ... So many people in there shot for for MIN limits ... That was reason number 1 for me to make SSG ...I was tired of deadbeats (and yes-men) being in charge of the troops ... ESP guys in my MOS.

Now, I can't run across the road hardly :( ... Biking riding keeps me fit to a pretty good degree I think bit I'm still approaching old dog status now ...You know, you've seen an old dog, they just lay around, sleeping and eating, having sex occasionally ... I've accepted this old age thing and try to make the best of it...

--
    And Husky bikes are racing in the FIM stuff in EU as we speak ... They'll be raced on the worlds biggest show next yr maybe ... The AMA series in America... I still want AS29 on the bike .. Maybe RD5 ... These guys contracts are ~2 yrs and even RV2 could ride a Husky ... KTM pays well I think...

-- I was a peace time soldier and in no way referring to the young troops we have today in the multiple conflicts ... I bow to them and their sacrifices ... Both past and present and hope no future conflicts.
    454x, K5PL5, PDL and 4 others like this.
  18. K5PL5 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    What was your MOS, Ray? I'm 19D/11B
  19. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    Someone might have been BSing me today, but I heard a Husky race team was gonna be established here in the Philippines ... I'll post a thread if I find out anything concrete ...

39B here (Automatic Test Equipment operator)... Better known as a 39 buffer as we used to buff a lot of wax floors! I did get to camp out with some 11 bang-bangs a few weeks on Bragg, PLDC training :) You guys had your stuff together and all us support guys expected you hard-a$$ to show us how it was done ;)
    K5PL5 likes this.
  20. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Big Timmy likes this.