Actual news on the KTM purchase of Husqvarna

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by Howard V, Mar 4, 2013.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Didn't hurt my feelings a bit. Huskys... Swedish, Italian and Austrian. It's all good!
    Motosportz likes this.
  2. Blazes Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Eddie Seel 634SMR works Replica -
    Other Motorcycles:
    Aprilla Dosodoro 2X 2009 610
    Here in SA the first batch have arrived --One dealer in particular is stoked --All pre --Ordered and ready to move out to the new owners.

Says he will have sold more Huskies Till March 2014 than he did the WHOLE 2013
  3. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I believe it. Even in the local race series, it's amazing how much talk there is about the new Husky's.
    Motosportz and dave lindsey like this.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

Yeah all my KTM friends are giddy they can buy a KTM that is not orange and has a linkage. :excuseme:
    4eyes, Blazes and reveille like this.
  5. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

They could have bought a husaberg, I do not get it either !
  6. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

The Husabergs look better than the KTM's so they are going to take sales from KTM orange. But it's all good as the company will just pull in a few more bucks for every Huskaberg that's sold over their Orange bikes.
  7. organ donor Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I´d have preferred the Berg over the Husky 630 that I eventually bought, but it was even less adaptable for road use ... just about on the limit to be plated and a lot more labour intensive. There´s not much choice left for a plated SM.
  8. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    That's sort of what I think might happen also. I'm predicting he has a tiger by the tail keeping orange numbers UP while selling Huskies at the same time.

But from the company business side, they do not wanna see orange sales numbers go down due to sales of the new Huskies. That is not good business for them. Maybe overall revenues will increase with this path but SP will want the orange numbers AND Husky numbers to show growth. Anything else and he will adjust fire or maybe look at the butter per unit and adjust there also. And I'm speaking 1st world sales. 3rd world stuff is wide wide open to hundreds of thousands of bikes in the next decade.
    Radbuster and john01 like this.
  9. fletchman45 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

It is hilarious but I must be being punished for being outspoken and to the point but I can not reply to anything?! Funny when you lip off to someone sponsoring this site what happens And AJAX I'm pretty sure that old Husky 125 will still be running in 2017 when your 2015 Husky is being sold for parts! LOL:banana:
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Fletch your comments are always welcome for robertaccio!! keep both barrels loaded man!!
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  12. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Giving Bill a deposit on one of those bad boys this week
    Tinken and BILLF like this.
  13. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I'm not really excited about anything in the line up except that te250/300. I really think if I can get my hands on one ill be able to ride like Graham Jarvis lol
    4eyes, robertaccio and BILLF like this.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that bike and gear will look like that for another 20 feet then look like every other bike on the trail... brown. :>)
    Tinken, robertaccio and LandofMotards like this.
  15. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

any idea of MSRP's yet? Got to be close to KTM and Berg if not more?
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    A friend of mine just bought a MY14 450XC-W which is as close to the Husky as a KTM could get, for $8400. I imagine they will start around that price point.

They have similar components to the KTM's, but they are not the same. They sit differently, ride differently, run different, including the power bands. Many of the parts are not exchangeable between orange and Huskys.
  17. troy deck Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    87 250wr 12 cr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    kx65 ty80 rm80 kdx250
    WHAT HOW CAN THIS BE IS IT MORE THAN SUB FRAME AND GRAFIXS
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha

Old news, right.. 2&4 strokes - Well Husky fixed a few things on the MY14. Power is very snappy and it still turns on a dime. The suspension is nice and plush for slow riders, but when ridden fast it's like a Ivan Stewart trophy truck, doesn't kill the rider and controllable over anything, even harder landings. Power on top could use more tuning, ZipTy is on it. :thumbsup:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Wow! All caps.... It is really true Troy. Speaking from experience with my Husaberg TE250, it is a mix of mostly KTM parts and some unique Husaberg parts mixed together like no other KTM model. Different larger fuel tank, suspension valving, jetting and engine tuning are specific. The polyamide sub frame sits lower than the aluminum KTM one and changes the feel and handling of the bike. The Husky will be the same story, even more so with wide ratio tranny in a linkage frame. KTM doesn't offer this combination, wide ratio means PDS only.

Are the Huskys and Husabergs totally unique bikes? No they aren't, but they are more than KTM's with different graphics and sub frame.....
    4eyes, Tinken and troy deck like this.
  20. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e

Yeha, they have a linkage, too! :D