650 Terra Farkles

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Oct 28, 2012.

1. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Picked up a Giant Loop Coyote on sale at Atomic Moto for $260 shipped. Have been thinking about it for a while, finally bit the bullet. Wanted something that would work on the Strada and my WR250R, it's a good fit on both. I'm really impressed with how it works in the driveway, looking forward to trying it for a bit more distance. Here's some pictures of the test fit...

[IMG]

Quite a bit of room, more than I expected.

[IMG]

Lots of exhaust clearance.

[IMG]

I looped the rear anchor through the Husky designed Coyote anchor point. Note there is enough room to put your tent, bbq grill, etc. behind the bag on the rack.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Note I have the strap low on the peg mount. I'll need to figure out a solid way to keep it down there, as if it rides up to the top I think it will be promptly melted.
    Moff69, FabOneUp and WoodsChick like this.
  2. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    should be able to use a quality zip tie to the passenger pegs
  3. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    My HDB Handguards are on, and it was an easy install. I went with the KX high bars and along with the 1/2" fatbar risers from Motosportz the position is better now. All the cables and wires reach although the clutch is pretty much at the end of it's comfortable reach. The KX have 200mm of straight but I had to move the perches in just a little more toward the curved part of the bar so that the ball ends of the levers would clear the guards. I may just file a little bit off the balls to give some more clearance and move the perches 1/8" closer. I like!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    PaulC, Toyboy, gunnr and 2 others like this.
  4. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    Pivot Pegz
    HuskyDude posted a pic of these installed on his bike in perfect time. I was looking for a better solution and was seriously considering these for my TE250 before race season started, but didn't think to use them on the Terra. Why?...I don't know.

These are for BMW and had to be installed opposite of what they recommend. I moved the spacers from bottom to top and swapped sides with the return springs. Remove the small plate and bolt you see in my hand and install a hex head bolt in there place. The peg rests directly on top of the bolt, so you can grind it down until you get the perfect angle. The way I installed them makes them about 5/8" to 3/4" lower than stock and about 1/2" farther back. If you don't like that idea, you could install them the way they recommend, but they would still be about 1/2" lower than stock and install wouldn't be quite as clean since the bolts I referred to would not be centered on the peg stop.

I didn't like the stock pegs because mine were actually leaning down and were extremely uncomfortable while standing.

Thanks for a great idea HuskyDude! image.jpg image.jpg
  5. S3bird Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    While not uber cool I put on my OEM(?) skid plate and hand guards...plus I was able to hide them in the loan from the wife :)
    FabOneUp and Coffee like this.
  6. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Pivot Pegs are great, or at least I think so. 'Have them on my WRR and TE630. Looks like I'll have to invest in another set for the Terra. Thanks Fab for the setup info.
    FabOneUp likes this.
  7. fasteer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 701 Enduro
    Other Motorcycles:
    Sherco SEF300 (for sale)
    By the way, put some clear 3m on the plastic where the Giant Loop will sit.
    Dust dirt sand will get in between and scuff up the plastic worse than an orbital grinder.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  8. Beemermcr Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra - "Burro"
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 BMW 1200 GSA, 2000 DRZ400e
    Well, Berg from Back Roads Moto picked up my Terra in order to fabricate side and top racks!! I cannot wait to not only get my baby back but also see what he comes up with! I knew farkles would take a while to come on line, but I really miss not having side bags on the commute! He will hopefully have them ready to ship by the end of the month!

I also found out he makes a product that turns side loading Pelicans into top loaders - not on the website, but he promised to bring a set when he returns the bike: cannot wait to see how that works!

http://brmoto.com/
  9. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    I'm anxious to see those racks. I'm hoping to have racks ordered and delivered by the time I get home in June. I just want to have one big bolt on party and ride.
  10. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Berg is going to have a lot of business for this bike. A buddy is leaving for a long trip soon and will not be able to wait for production to start, so he's ordering parts and will have to make his own. I'll help out where I can since I've been thru this on my bike. Lot's of work, but worth it.
    Ol'NumNuts likes this.
  11. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada

Please let us know how this works loaded up without pannier racks, or if you move those mounting points because of heat. I am in the process of deciding between a GL Bag or fabbing a rack and using a wolfman softbag setup.

I did a test run the other day with my Gander Mountain duffel bag (suggested to my by Mr. Riding Donkeys) and it seems to be great. TONS of room, but I would really like to add just a little more luggage for longer trips/camping. If I can do this without adding racks that would be ideal! But most folks have reported heat issues when riding without racks. Hope you fare better and can report one your strategy :thumbsup:
  12. adara Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLX250
    Concerning the Barkbusters:
    I've mailed with their support and it turns out they have a model-specific version for the TR650 in the making. Here's what they said:

photo 2.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Unfortunately, end of June is too late for me as I'm planning an extended trip through Europe beginning of May. So I've ordered the BHG45-NP and am hoping for the best..

Delivery for my Strada is scheduled for next Thursday!=) Will be trading my beloved Aprilia Dorsoduro 750 for it, which will be missed.. but I've realized I need something a bit more travel-oriented.
  13. infinitipearl Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati 848 track bike "supermono"

Adara - I've had the G650GS Barkbusters on my Strada for some time now, and I only needed one spacer (included with the kit) on one side for it to work out. I love 'em.
  14. blaine.hale Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 BMW r75, 1974 BMW R90, Bultaco
    I can't seem to find the 1/2" Motosportz fatbar clamps. Did you guys have to email Kelly directly for those?
  15. Next Strada Demolitionist

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    If you get a hold of him let us all know how you did so. I have emailed them, PMed the guy on here, no response to either. After a few weeks I ended up waiting in line for Altrider stuff and buying Rox Risers. Rox risers were here in 2 days and work GREAT. Just needed a slight re-route of the throttle cable. I'm sure they are very busy, but if there is a better way to get in touch with Motosportz it would be good to post. I probably would have bought from them if they had replied to my multiple inquiries.
  16. HARDER1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    DRZ400S
    Did you try sales@motorsportz.com ?
    360-597-4364

Kelly sent mine out right away. His stuff is top shelf. Fit and finish is perfect.
  17. blaine.hale Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    I got a response from him. Picking up a natural fat bar clamp from him :)
    **edit: Mine's on the way.
  18. adara Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Strada
    Other Motorcycles:
    Kawasaki KLX250
    Sounds good, thanks for the info! How are the bar ends on the bike, I'm assuming you had to drill them?
    Barkbusters are great, I have them on my other bike (klx 250) as well and they've taken quite a beating so far, without any complaint at all.
    tcarr10008 likes this.
  19. blaine.hale Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Hey guys, I'm going to be replacing my new acerbis hand guards and Renthal standard 7/8' bars (black). They're up for sale in the next few weeks if anyone is interested.
    The hand guards aren't marked Acerbis but are actually Acerbis, made in the same factory. Those will be $40 and $55 for the bars.
    Sorry for soliciting in this thread, just figured this would be the most likely place for people wanting farkles that came off of and fit the terra. I'll post them officially in the marketplace when the time comes.

I'm slapping on the motosportz fat bar clamps, protaper KX high bars, HDB hand guards with blinkers and mirrors. Putting the HDB blinkers on the rear as well!
  20. jmcg Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph Tiger 800
    Hi all,

Installed my Barkbuster handguards today.

[IMG]

Used the model specific BHG51-NP kit.

No issues with fitting, pleased with the result.

Cheers,

JM.
    PaulC and HARDER1 like this.