650 Terra Farkles

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    thanks man, glad you like them.
  2. big-t Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm,yamaha
    To Motosportz,

Question on the bar risers.I need to raise my bars at least 1 1/2 inches so I either need taller bars or taller risers(or a combination of both)

I like your risers but a half inch won't be enough.Is there a reason you went with that height?
  3. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    BIg T,
    I think with both the bars and the risers you should be there. I got the half inch taller risers and got at least 3/4 of an inch with the bars. OEM bars are incredibly flat.
  4. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    fleche phoenix likes this.
  5. Ol'NumNuts Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wantin a Terra 650
    Farkle Pickings might be a bit thin on the ground so far...

But there is so much positive interest in this bike that the future looks bright...

Can't wait!
    AvidR likes this.
  6. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    There were some questions regarding the Touratech shift lever and whether it fits or not. Attached pics show that it does! It's just a bit longer than the stock, giving more space for your boot. I like it. I also have a pic of the brake lever than I am going to make for myself and one other member, but that will require you to do a bit of cutting and welding. Not trying to sell anything here, just showing what I am up to. The brake lever will be cut and welded to the stock boss and the stock brake actuating tab will be cut and welded higher. An extension on the bottom will carry the stock brake switch tab. The template is just kind of clipped on here for a visual.

650 brake shifter 001.JPG 650 brake shifter 002.JPG
    PaulC, FabOneUp and mario33 like this.
  7. IPA Brewer Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Multistrada, KTM 690E
    New Easton bars, Acerbis "air busters," and Motorsportz clamps. The Acerbis are not metal reinforced so I'm sure will break upon impact, but the color scheme is perfect and should help some in the cold weather.

Bars.JPG
    PaulC, mario33, Motosportz and 2 others like this.
  8. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Got a package today. If you are thinking of buying a GPS, this is a great way to go. It is a GPS package from Touratech. You save around $100 this way. I never thought I would buy one of there mounts because I just thought they were way too much money, but now I know why. The quality is superb. It didn't hurt so bad buying it this way either. I also got a 14 tooth sprocket. Not sure if it fits yet, but I'll let you know as it is for a G650GS. Notice the bike on the cover of the magazine!

image.jpg
    scottinAZ, krussell and Kenneth Webb like this.
  9. Pepe Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 BMW 1200GS
    The sprocket should work. I asked the BMW/Husky dealer and said that the 650gs sprocket would work.

Please let us know how you like the bike with the new sprocket. I'm pretty sure I will be doing the same in the near future.
    FabOneUp likes this.
  10. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    I have Montana too. This is the secong of my GPSs that I use with Touratech mount (Zumo was previous one). Quality and practical features of TT mounts are hard to be challenged... Generally, TT stuff is expensive but usually worth every cent. Maybe apart from Desierto fairings and additional tanks :thumbsup:
    FabOneUp likes this.
  11. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I am really liking this set up. I don't think you will regret getting the composit Acerbis busters. You are not going to abuse this like your CRF 450. Just a little drop here and there on the Terra most likely, not a full on out of control tree slam!
  12. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    If I get the energy tonight I will put it on tonight, but if not, it could be awhile. I am trying to get cought up on work so I can take a Christmas Vacation!

I looked for a long time before I decided on the Montana. It was nice to find one that was waterproof and could take a beating. It works sideways or upright. Not too big, not too small. My last bike GPS was a Magellan Crossover....I will never own a Magellan again.
  13. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I ordered one today! Been thinking about it for a while too. I like that it is really customizable and will work on all my bikes and bicycle.

Hemming and hawing on mounts though. The touratech looks sweet, but I'm thinking of just going with the Garmin rugged.
    FabOneUp likes this.
  14. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Good product followed by a rant.:mad: Going to use alot of smilies here to cheer me up.:D That's a fake smile by the way.

If you want to use the Wolfman bag system this is a good way to go if you want to make your own mounts since Wolfman doesn't offer any yet for the TR.:( http://brmoto.com/racks/diy-side-rack-parts.html
    [IMG]
    Ordering these would be great because the price is very reasonable and it would save me alot of time.:) So, I pull out my credit card and go through the whole shpeel of trying to use their PayPal payment system....THREE :censored: TIMES!:banghead: They would not accept my card??:confused: I think it had something to do with my middle initial, but I don't know and now I don't :censored: care! So I pulled out the same card and looked up these people http://www.jd2.com/ and ordered my own :censored: tubing die and I will make my own :censored: hoops!:)

For all you kiddies and sensitive adults out there: :censored:="stinkin"
  15. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    If you have not owned Wolfman racks (made by Berg at Backroads Moto) here is a comment for consideration. Two styles are shown above, and I have both on different bikes. The left ring is made for a connecting link at the back to tie both hoops together for stability. I have that on my TE630. The right has no provision for the connector, and that is on my WRR. Note the different tabs construction, either cut plate or bent rod. The plate has holes for other mounting systems (I think) but they will rub holes in the back side of your bags, where the bent rod won't. I have resorted to putting pieces of rubber hose over those plate tabs and securing with zip ties. You slit the hose just in the center, not all the way. Fuel hose will not obstruct the use of the slot but will protect your bags. The rear stabilizing link is very good when the bags are wide apart and spread the load when you go down. I think one hoop on my WRR is very slightly bent in toward the pipe, but not by a lot, after thousands of miles of pretty hard useage.
  16. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    When you have that bending die all fired up, why don't you come up with some neat radiator protection bars too! Looks like they would attach to the front down bar and back to the motor mounts that are part of the frame. Would require a bit of turning on a lathe or a clean cut-off for the motor mount frame tubes, and a couple of solid discs to mount thru the holes in the down bar with a single thru bolt. 'Wish I had all that stuff here! The radiator and side plastic just scream out for a neat bar on the side. It's the only way to protect them I think. On the side racks, it would be nice to have two connector bars forward; one to the lug on the passenger peg mounts, and another coming off the bottom of the loops going to the passenger peg mount proper. It would stiffen the loops considerably and maybe obviate the need for a rear cross bar.
    cc'er likes this.
  17. Ol'NumNuts Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wantin a Terra 650
    Early Adopters = Trailblazers...

With all the positive feedback on this bike and obvious early sales interest there's bound to be manufacturers bringing products to market...

I guess we've seen firsthand with Motosportz that this is not always as quick and easy as we would like...

But I guess when you gotta have it now...
    FabOneUp likes this.
  18. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks for the heads up on the BR Moto mounts. Good things for all to know. As for this post, my bike is about a hundred miles away, but I am pretty sure I know what mount locations you are referring to. I will be at the bike tomorrow night and have a look at clearances and such. I will move this discussion to the mod section after I have a look.
  19. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    With a Wisconsin tourist smashing my first Terra, it seemed like forever to get my replacement. Now that I finally have it I am obligated to a previously planned vacation and the holidays are here as well. I have learned the true meaning of patients along with all the other Terra/Strada owners. Nothing about this bike is happening very fast at all as you mentioned.

I do have some common market farkels to put on and lots of mods to make, but no time to do it right now. A big part of owning an adventure bike is making it your own and doing little things to set yours apart. It is similar to what drives the Harley market.

My best friend bought the salvage Terra and god only knows when he will have parts for it. I bet we will have all the farkels and mods done before the factory parts we need are available. We are experiencing the pains of a new model bike first hand.

On the bright side I am very lucky to have gotten a second one based on the demand.:)
    Ol'NumNuts likes this.
  20. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Booster Plug is there...

Note BigDog Mark's comments:

http://www.boosterplug.com/shop/husqvarna-23c1.html