650 Terra Farkles

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Oct 28, 2012.

1. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    '14 KTM 450 XC-W '11 BMW R1200GS
    I completely understand!
  2. v12gte Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, MV Agusta
    image.jpg

My first two mods:

-Axio tail bag. Hue of red is surprisingly close.
    -trickle charger dongle, since the bike's home will be our vacation cabin
  3. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    v12gte - i love that 'WYJŚCIE AWARYJNE' sign ;) any closer connections to Poland ?
  4. v12gte Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna Terra 650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, MV Agusta
    guilty as charged. Grew up in Wroclaw (pop 750K), and came to the USA for college. Liked it and stayed (legally, even !)
    :)
    The other sign next to it is "Wal smialo, wioze tesciowa", which means "Go ahead and hit me, I am transporting my mother-in-law"
    PaulC and Coffee like this.
  5. redridnhood Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr 650 terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr 250 r
    First time ever posting to any forum. Bought terra from Dan @ Exotica last Friday.Dropped bike in parking lot; thought "suicide" kickstand was down. Next morning cut off pin holding kickstand spring,drilled hole and installed bolt about 1/2" forward of old pin and attachted spring. kickstand snaps into place up and down now. Has new bars and bark busters. Has husky tail bag. First want is front sprocket;gears way too high for me. Fun,easy bike to ride. will post pics when I find out how. Dan took pic of mod.
  6. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Welcome! Don't be shy! :cheers:
    Some information here might save you some frustration:
    If you click 'reply' then type in the box at the bottom of the page, you will quote that person - like I did with you. And you will receive an 'Alert' which should bring you right to this post..
    Here is more information, including how to put up pictures, post #4.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/creating-posts-threads-read-this-one.16262/

FYI - this entry I am making is referred to as a 'post', the lists of posts you are reading is called a 'thread' (also called a discussion). So this thing you are reading '650 terra farkles' is called a thread.

Hope that helps.
  7. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Heard from my dealer yesterday. Looks like 2 or 3 items are available now thru Husky in the way of accessories. The skid plate and the hand guards and I think the headed grips was the third. The bags are available December first and come only as a set. they were in the 800-850 dollar range. I was hoping to be able to grab the bag mounts and the rear rack and adapt my own bags but so far no part numbers available to order each rack individually. That has to change I am sure. Personally waiting for Motosports skid plate. Windscreen will be avail in November as well. Will try to get a list and prices and date availability if interested.
  8. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Anyone got the tupperware off the sides? I made a quick attempt last night but ran into a plastic fastener at the lower front edges that I can't figure out. It looks like a press fit thing that would come out with reasonable force, but I went past reasonable a ways and it wouldn't budge. Before I ruin it I thought I'd see if anyone had them off. I want run GPS power up to the front, and maybe put a powerlet in the plastic on the left side.
  9. big-t Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm,yamaha
    After you get all the screws out,pull out the black plastic dart(looks like a little black button) on the inside,then pull the red plastic out at the top until you can get to the place where the red and black are sandwiched together at the very front.Using a screw driver CAREFULLY pop the two apart from the top.One is just interlocked with the other.Could have been a better design.
  10. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Thanks, that worked. I was concerned about the "pull out the black plastic dart" part, but it worked fine. Plenty of space on the left side for a powerlet socket, I ordered one.
  11. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I'm a top case fan, and thought I'd give a Pelican a try. It came today, here's some shots of the test fit. It's just sitting on bubble wrap to keep it from sliding off the rack while I take the pictures. Case is a Pelican 2450 Storm model, not huge, not small. I'm liking it enough to start drilling, but before I do thought I'd make sure I wasn't missing anything. Your comments welcome. I'm thinking of mounting it just far enough back to get at the two rear rack screws, which looks right to throw my tent bag between me and the case. The rack is plastic, but seems strong enough. I'm thinking I'm just going to use the three wholes in the rack, they are cut out for holding a nut on the bottom. The top taper or the wholes is interesting, not sure what if anything to do about it. I was thinking, from the bottom:

Nylock nut - rack - fender washer - bottom of case - fender washer - head of bolt.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    FabOneUp likes this.
  12. BILLF CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    92WXC350 /Lamson CR250/701 Vitpilen/
    Other Motorcycles:
    Triumph900 Scrambler 1200 HD Nightst
    Just got the release ,got the skid pan for the Terra going to china hat. Have got to put it on and hand guards right now.Bags and cases or due for release from Husky 12/01/12
  13. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Someone suggested milk crate over on advrider. I happened to have one that almost matches the husky black:

[IMG]
    Pepe likes this.
  14. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Giant Loop Fandango tank bag. Waterproof if you use included sealer. Fits this bike perfectly, almost like it was made for it. Not tons of storage, but enough. Only one big pocket with an adjustable divider and top see through map pocket. I thought it would bother me that it did not have outside pockets, but it turned out not to be a problem at all. It was never in my way standing or sitting. It does not interfere with steering at all as long as you install it correctly. I am 100% happy with this bag!
    Fall 2012 316.JPG Husky 002.JPG Husky 004.JPG
  15. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Might be interested in the heated grips. It is getting darn cold up here at 9000 ft.!
    LandofMotards likes this.
  16. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    Sure looks like it was made for it. Thanks for posting the pics. Looks like I need to come up with $164.
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    A buddy of mine and I would ride into work even under 20 degrees and he had heated gear and heated handgrips. He said he only used the gear and even in those temps it would get to hot. Just something else for you guys to think about
  18. FabOneUp Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    I think you are way tougher than me!
  19. Toyboy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC250/2012 TXC310, 2013 TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW Hp2E/Yamaha Super T/BMW R1200RTP
    Posting a few pics of the completed bar swap using Motosports bar mounts. Really happy with the quality of the mounts Kelly. They look great! I happen to have a set of these bars from a BMW G650X cross country. I went with these because they still use the bar end weights. Did some weighing too to get an idea of what I had changed weight wise.
    Stock bars weigh 2.5 pounds and the fat bars weigh 1.4 pounds. Just over a pound difference. I am going with the BMW bar ends and they are actually .425 pounds versus the .625. With the bar end inserts, they are kind of a wash so no real gain here so using the BMW stuff with inserts would be essentially the same weight.
    Did weigh the stock battery versus the Shorai and will post under " Mods" thread as well but the Shorai weighs in at 2.3 pounds versus the OEM at 9.2 pounds. 6.9 pounds just in the battery swap. Pretty amazing. Did not weigh the cross bar but it is for a 1200 GS and is a from Touratech. huskybars.jpg huskybars2.jpg
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    The giant loop stuff is very nice quality.