650 Terra Farkles

Discussion in 'TR650' started by Kenneth Webb, Oct 28, 2012.

1. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    Agreed
  2. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda

Baby got back...............how does it handle the wind.....
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Ya your right but I was think'n more of a (Controlled Environment Research Facility) where we could test all products at once with base reading.

[IMG]
    Coffee likes this.
  4. dangslow Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra and a TE310
    @ coffee and kjack....they're 1 gallon. 3" wide. The 1.75 are 3 1/2". The smallest Kolpin is a 1.5 gallon and is 4 1/2" wide. I ordered directly from Rotopax. Typing ADVRIDER in the coupon box will save you 10%. I had thought about using the 1.75", but since I'm using the Wolfman bags on Touratec racks I need the 'other rack' system with the wrap around straps and d-rings. I think the bigger cans would have interfered with the strap routing. Anyway, I've been averaging 58 mpg, so the additional 116 miles should get me where I want to go. I can always swap a water can for a fuel can if I feel the need. What I need is a beer carrier. A gallon of beer on board. Yeah, bubba.

@rww....I was out in a side wind the other day and got blown around quite a bit but I was getting blown around a lot before I added all this stuff. And I haven't used it for a fully loaded trip yet. Soon.

When the Altrider crash bars come in, I'm done. I'll need to find something else to spend my social security check on.
    kjackbrown and Coffee like this.
  5. Allen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NH750
    I have a wind tunnel. The test section is about 20cm x 30cm x 20cm though....
  6. kjackbrown Keep on keepin on.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    KLR650
    My GF complains about my wind tunnel constantly :doh:
    Moff69, Ol'NumNuts, krussell and 3 others like this.
  7. mwgak Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Not sure that looks like near as much fun as a wide open stretch with nothin but fear and common sense to slow you down...well, that and things flying off due to improper testing.
    HuskyDude likes this.
  8. Allen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda NH750
    It might be more fun if you started off the bike and had to try and get on it in 100mph winds...
  9. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Sounds like a challenge. I accept!

Now somebody find me a windtunnel. :D
    Moff69 likes this.
  10. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    If anyone has installed the current seat concepts foam + cover, do you have any pictures - especially from the side to see a comparison of the shape of the seat? I know they're coming out with a "tall" seat, but their website doesn't show any pictures of the current offering.
  11. RidingDonkeys Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 Bonnie, 68 Tiger, 11 Ural........
    Check out the Seats thread. There are plenty of photos there.
    http://www.cafehusky.com/threads/seats.31148/
  12. nwrider1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    Too many to list
    Thanks for the link!
  13. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I bought the same setup, went with white. I fitted them up but am concerned about the proximity of the inside right mount and the 90 degree elbow in front brake line. They are basically touching. I'm thinking if I go down on the right hand side and the handguard rotates clockwise (from bar end) it will break that elblow.

I suspect this may be a Strada specific issue.

[IMG]

[IMG]

The kit comes with new bar end weights and I like the fit better than some of the solutions that just tie to the end of the bar. I wear pretty big gloves in the winter time, I want the extra space from the end weights.
  14. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I looked around at all the photos I could find and definitely think it's an ABS specific issue. I don't know if they sold any non US Terra's with ABS or not. Looks like on non ABS bikes brake hose fitting is straight down from the reservior, and on on ABS bikes it does a little 90 degree bend right at the exit. Looking back at some history it looks like that 90 degree bend is right where the barkbusters where changed to clear. I'll email them and see what ideas they have. Much as I like them I suspect it's going to be a non-starter due to this hose issue.

Maybe it's time to go with Cycra's that mount to the triple clamp. I wish those had bar end weights.
  15. rww Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    tr650
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati, Cagiva Kaw Zuki Honda
    Well my mounts for the Trax box's showed up and it's sitting out in the parking lot looking very sharp. I put them on this weekend have got a lot of looks.......very happy with the way it works and looks.
  16. msmith345 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '12 WR250, '92 360, '80 390
    Other Motorcycles:
    '72 Yamaha R5, '17 SV650

The three piece mounts like that are a joke if the guards are ever used other than for wind protection. You can get the two piece Cycra ones that have the U shape to clear the brake lines for about $30. They're MUCH stronger for actual use besides resolving the cable clearance issues.
  17. TE250Guy Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 KLR 650, Yamaha XT 225
    On one of my first rides on my TE 250, before I had hand guards, I managed to hit a small sapling tree, maybe 2" in diameter, just right, on the clutch side. Don't ask. The TE 250 has a hydraulic clutch. The tree nicely follows the wheel/fender right to ground zero where the clutch line attaches on the handle bars. SNAP...No clutch! I wasn't going fast. It was fun getting back on the hilly, winding trail with no clutch. Especially starting. After that, I will never be without guards. Both of my Huskys now have Cycra Pro's, triple clamp mounted.
    FabOneUp likes this.
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    I crushed my fingers once too often on small trees, tough little buggers...even had them on my Trials bike.

Plus if you do go down they will likely save your levers.:thumbsup:
  19. krussell Strada Adventurer

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Strada (for sale)
    Other Motorcycles:
    K1600 / Super Tenere
    I heard from barkbusters on my handguard fitment issue on the Strada. They fitted up on a Terra w/o ABS and had plenty of clearance. Here's a pic they sent:

[IMG]

As suspected, it's an issue with the brake line elbow on ABS bikes. They didn't offer much guidance other than trying to move the brake assembly further out on the bar. That's not going to be enough. I'm going to send them back. So, Strada owners, or ABS Terra owners, these Barkbusters don't really fit in a way that would allow them to survive a drop with any clockwise rotation.
    mario33 likes this.
  20. mario33 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TR650 Terra'13 - Lady in Red 2
    Other Motorcycles:
    none
    Good call. Will have to look elsewhere (Zeta maybe or Acerbis SM).