1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449 / 511 recap and info

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, May 7, 2013.

1. Mojorod Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449 2013, WR125 2009
    Other Motorcycles:
    Why?
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  3. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    When you are racing like that, you need a secondary switch that charges the fuel pump up to pressure so that when you start, it will fire on the first push. Also I noticed that when you ride, you generally are keeping the engine at really low rpms, at times even lugging it. This engine is higher strung and performs better at mid to high rpms. You worked through the pack well, but you let Kawi knock you down. You're on a Husky 500, so push those guys out of the way. If they don't like it, they can stay clear of you!
    Mojorod likes this.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Ive seen some KTM 350 guys do this...an example with diagram and pics would be cool. Does the primer switch need to turn off after starting?
  5. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

When the starter pinches, hold in the clutch and rock the bike back-and-forth about a foot once. It'll disengage whatever's engaged.
    bigmo likes this.
  6. N4544D Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449 sold, 2018 TX 300 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 250 XCW, KTM 500 XCF-W
    Just did a 700 mile trip in Baja with Chilly White...the bike was flawless, no issues. Went with a group of my friends and had a great time. The Yamaha kept breaking (it's a beater), but no other bike problems.

My 449 is in the 2nd picture and the 2nd to last picture.

http://www.enduro360.com/2014/01/28/blog/january-baja-ride-photos/
    toolguy1 and Motosportz like this.
  7. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    I seriously need to quit my job...that looks epic!
    Cosmokenney likes this.
  8. wildernessrider Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650, TE-511, TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WRX 250, BMW GS650
    Hey Motosportz I see your bike has a set of red anodized handguards that bolt to an integrated handle bar top mount. Can you PLEASE tell me where I can find these. They look way cool and very functional. I have a pair of 511s that need them in the worst way.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    very good product.

http://www.highwaydirtbikes.com/HDB_Shop/
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  10. Shawntrain Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE511
    Here's a little clip of some of the things I did up to last October - since then I've ordered the "race kit" from R&D in Australia: machined triple clamps, foot pegs, anodized fuel cap (fits waaay better than the plastic), graphics kit, aluminum skid plate & the clutch cover. I didn't get the white plastics (too big for shipping)
    Will redo vid once I get the new bits on - it's been -30 degrees Celsius here recently - that's dang cold for lack of conversion to Fahrenheit:)

View: http://youtu.be/-Yb5_rgrahs
    Robster and Muchmore like this.
  11. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Anyone have any idea on how to program the factory dash for 17" wheels? IT is way off right now..
  12. wildernessrider Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Terra 650, TE-511, TXC-511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WRX 250, BMW GS650
    Can anyone direct me to some foot pegs that offset slightly further back. I was noodling around on some thread or another and ran into a post about replacing the stock 511 pegs with ones that offset back & offer a bit longer reach out to the shifter and brake pedals. I have looked and can't seem to figure out where I saw that post. Would really love to have a pair as I am always getting on the brake pedal by accident while riding, and cant get my boot under the shifter while standing without going into strange leg contortions. Seems funny that they made the bike so tall you have to be 6'2' or taller to get on and off it, but set the pegs/lever distance for a size 8 or smaller boot size.
  13. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I know what you mean as I am 6'6, but you don't really want the pegs back as it will change the way the suspension feels as you move away from the swing arm center. I suggest you look into lowering the foot pegs, there are manufactures which sell them. Ask Motosportz Kelly about lowering pegs he sells.
    wildernessrider likes this.
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09

I bought the Touratech lowered and set back pegs. But I agree with Tinken, they change the feel of the suspension slightly. It's a good idea, but I think I'm going to go back to stock when these have been mangled beyond recognition. I've also noticed that with them being lower, and since the bike is so wide at that location, I'm brushing my ankles on stuff even more than with stock. I've even caught my toes on stuff. Not cool.
  15. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    The solution for me is to physically mount the pegs lower. Since there is a triangular area in which to weld a new mounting plate, it will be easier for me to lower my pegs while also keeping them on center with the swing arm shaft. I have had my suspension lifted, so there will be no ground clearance issues and I will be able to stand while riding without the discomfort of bending over so far. :)
  16. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Interesting question, not that I like the oem dash, but another solution will be to move the magnet and sensor. I am not sure the oem one is movable. If not, ZipTy does carry an aftermarket one which could be experimented with.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    How would that change anything? All it does is count rotations but he needs it to know that one rotation is now a different length.
    Radar and toolguy1 like this.
  18. toolguy1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 250WR, 1978 390OR
    Other Motorcycles:
    05 triumph tiger, 2012 KTM 500EXC
    That's true, on a TrailTech you can actually measure the distance of 1 revolution of the front wheel and input it into the unit. Not sure if the stock unit can do that.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many

i would think there is a way as they come in 21 and 17 wheel versions stock.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    You're correct, this is what I get when trying to multitask between too many issues :p
    Motosportz likes this.