1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449 / 511 recap and info

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, May 7, 2013.

1. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I just had a smoking deal land in my lap... TC 449 $3,900ish or some model (not real sure) of the 511 (I'm hoping for a TXC 511... both HALF PRICE... brand new 2013 s...

I have been studying and just have a few quick questions...

can the 5 speed TC be made into a WR 6 speed? and does the TC have lighting a lighting coil?

after i get my picked tomorrow I'll tell ya all where they are but thanks in advance!

EV
  2. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I will take a tc449 any second. Where at? Im on it :)
  3. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Also dont bother with the tc for the road. You need the 6th gear and parts are hard to come by so to add lights and all that isnt worth the cost/effort.
  4. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    well the one I spoke for is a TXC511... so problems solved... not wanting it for the street... both are demos... sons getting a cr125 with the 144 kit upgrade... and me the 511... $7500 for both... :D
  5. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Well...if I could get a tc 449 for that cheap I would be allover it to make it a supermoto race/track bike!
  6. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    The TC does have a lighting coil, just like the other lighted models do.
    Sounds like a good deal, I'd buy em both and sell the other.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  7. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bikes don't get to the dealership for a week or more... 449s of the TC variety... and a couple 310s... at least one 250 TCi all severely reduced... once I have $ down on mine... I'll tell y'all where
  8. Big Timmy Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FE 501 with lots of goodies.
    Other Motorcycles:
    BMW G450X, 15'FE501, 23 KTM 1290 SAR
    6 spd. gear box could be installed but a wide ratio 5 spd from the BMW G450X could also go in. Either way the cost would be prohibitive though unless you find an engine being parted out which do come up on ebay time to time. I've seen complete used 5 spd G450X transmissions with all the shafts and related components go for as little as 350.00. Ask Tinken?

There is also an aftermarket company making a really wide 5 spd gear set for the Kymco 449 engine also.

These were 2 separate posts from another site. I don't know if the guy ever got it together or not but at the time earlier in the year. I did look at the website myself and the gear sets were listed.
    See below.
    **************************************************************************************************************************
    Nova Racing Transmissions Ltd. in the UK is building a wide ratio gear set for the G450X. The gear ratios are: 1st 13 - 33 2.538:1, 2nd 17 - 27 1.588:1, 3rd 20 - 22 1.100:1, 4th 19 - 23 0.826:1, 5th 18 - 26 0.692:1. The gears will use the original shafts. The first sets are scheduled to be manufactured in February, 2014. They can be contacted at www.novaracing.co.uk.

I have two of the G450's. And I am buying three sets of gears at ~$1600 each. You will have to check with Nova for exact price. I took them one of my cases and transmission so that they could reverse engineer the gears and make sure that they would fit.

The first one I will put together with a 14 tooth countershaft and see how it feels. I do dual sport riding in Southern Cal, so I want a rock crawling first and still be able to run at 65-70 mph on the highway with out redlining the engine.

These gears may fit in the TC449 cases based on the fact that the gaskets are the same for both engines.

I did check on a six speed for this engine. According to Nova it is possible, but the cost would be ~$10000.
    *****************************************************************************************************************************
  9. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    I've been wanting to get my hands on a WR300. Where is this place?
  10. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
  11. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Do they have a tc449? I want to build a supermoto track bike.
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  12. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes. At least 2
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Can you pm me the info?
  14. Cosmokenney Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '17 TX300
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha FZ-09
    Did I miss where this super secret source is revealed?
  15. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    The extra bikes won't be in until late this week. This I know 1 TCi250. 2 TC310. 1 or 2 TC449. Plus
    I think some others. Some are new others are demos with a couple hours... And my 511. Not sure what is 2012 or 2013. Once I have a signed purchase agreement I'll reveal. That way no snipers.
  16. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    alright alright alright!!!

are we ready for the big reveal? here it is... PJ's Motorcycles in Albuquerque New Mexico... http://www.pjsmotorcycles.com/

here is the list...

all 2012s...

2- TXC 310s
    2- TE 449s
    1- TC 449
    1- TE 310
    1- TCi 250

some new most "demos" give PJ a call and help him sell em!

*** I am in no way affiliated with PJ in any way shape or form... just trying to help someone out...
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    They sponsor Pro Supermoto Husqvarna rider Sean Butterman. From what I've heard they're an awesome dealer regardless of the deals
  18. Box Butte Bully Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did not know his name but I have met him... yep... from what I hear a great dealer... he is definitely hooking me up with an awesome deal...
  19. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    They sold the used tc449.... dont have anymore TC models :(
  20. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Can you not find TC's?