1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 JD X6 EFI tuner in the house...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Aug 25, 2011.

1. JOSEPH Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 HD Road King/04 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
  2. JOSEPH Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    11 TE 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    03 HD Road King/04 Kawasaki ZRX1200R
  3. Dan Rich Husqvarna
    C Class

reply fail.
  4. JWSE30 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR -12
    Hi
    I just bought a JD Jetting tuner for my husqvarna 511 smr -12.
    But I have some problems with the installation, the big contact for the injector fits but I cant find any where the 2 pin smaller one could fit.
    Where should it be connected ?
    / Jonas
  5. jwhuls Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TXC 449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2004 DRZ 400
    Not sure about 511, but would think its the same. I just did mine last week and two plugs. one into the throttle body and the other connects to what you just unplugged.
    benwiggin2 likes this.
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Unplug the injector wire right above the sub tank, plug int he EFI tuner and plug the factory injector wire into the EFI tuner female socket. Does that answer your question?

Kelly
  7. Sourdojack Husqvarna
    AA Class

So what did you end up putting your JD settings at? I have an SM511 here in Portland with slip on pipe and JD jet kit. Just no dyno to program it perfectly...

Any help would be appriciated!

TOM
  8. JWSE30 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR -12
    Thanks alot now it works, will be back with my settings when im done tuning.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Most of them need to be richer in the yellow and some int he red. Yellow seems to have a lot of affect on power. Also play with the idle and acceleration pump functions, there is better running and power to be had there too. My bike was used on JD's dyno to make the original map. The flat settings should be close and then you can tweak it by seat of the pants feel from there. Hope this helps. BTW all the husky JD ran across his dyno / sniffer have been lean even in power up mode and especially on top.
    Evol likes this.
  10. JWSE30 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    511 SMR -12
    Now im done tuning my 511 smr -12 .

I have installed a JD Tuner, innovate mtx-l wideband sensor and modified the stock silencer to free flow 38mm with no cat.
    It also has racemap 2.
    I havent dyno it but its big differens between stock and with these mods!

My jd settings are:
    Green 2 = AFR 14.2
    Yellow 4/5 = AFR 13.0
    Red 2/3 = AFR 12.8
    Greenblue: 4
    Yellowblue: 4
    Redblue: 3/4

This is on swedish 95 octane.

Here some pictures:

[IMG]

[IMG]

// Jonas
    Evol likes this.
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Nice, thanks for posting your settings. I wouldn't mind hearing from everyone who has the JD Tuner on what their setting
    are and what's working best. I fiddle with mine just about every ride but haven't actually gone from one extreme to the other
    in a full blown test. Too busy enjoying the bike but someday I will set aside some time to really try and get it dialed in perfect.
  12. pointman449 Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc449
    well i just installed two tuners today, on two 2011 txc 449's.
    lets just say the instructions leave alittle to be desired?
    don't bother taking off the right shroud, it's the left side that needs to be removed, then loosen the fuel line and theres the connector, remove it add jd tuner , put back on the fuel line run wires and , done!
    ihaven't rode it yet but tomarrow i will for sure, then report back.
  13. Bionic Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Only a few people have posted up their JD Tuner settings so far. Does anyone else have one of these installed that would like to share their preferred settings? I have a 2012 TE449 with the FMF powercore4 pipe on it and I think it could really use some re-fueling. There is a strange surge at mid rpm and it falls pretty flat at high rpm. If anyone has the same set up as me and has found thier perfect settings I would love to hear them.
  14. db511 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 txc511
    Other Motorcycles:
    1998 ktm 400 exc
    I have installed a Pro Circuit T4 full system on my 2011 TXC 511. I had the JD already and have everything richened quite a bit. This bike screams now, only "issue" is the popping when engine breaking on downshifts. Never when accelerating though. Definitely worth the money:-) I will check my settings and post them as soon as I am home.
  15. JeffCollinsart Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
    I have a 13 TE511 with fmf slip on. In race map 2. With the tuner in factory settings it is runs rough at cruise. Example 4th gear at 30-32mph it feels like it's running out of fuel, like the throttle is jumping. I set all the settings back to 2 and it went away. It felt flat though on rapid acceleration and up top. Where should I start on my settings to get it dialed in. I want the power but also want the cruising rim range to be smooth.
  16. danny318 ___________

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    TTR230, '72 CT90
    The mid range is overly rich so that makes sense. Try these:

green blue - 3.5 or 4
    green - 3.5 or 4
    yellow blue - 2
    yellow - 2
    red - 3 or 3.5
    red blue 4-6
  17. JeffCollinsart Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE511
  18. F1000 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    KDX 220 Trident T150V TTR125L
    Will this tuner allow for startup mixture tuning? I believe I am overly rich during start up. Will this tuner allow the stock programmed ECU to be recalibrated acceptably. I currently have race map 3, but this ecu has a problem where it will not shut the engine off. I have a new standard program ecu, and would prefer to have the tunability over race map 3. Send ecu out for race map 3, or buy tuner and use standard ecu? Like idea of being able to tune a cold start issue I am having, but don't want to spend money on map 3 and the tuner. I have an fmf pipe and the butterfly is removed.
  19. Mr Ford40 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    YZ250F
    db511 I run the same system Pro Circuit T4 Full system on a 2012 TE449 and same issue popping and flame on down shift or backing of the throttle, Just waitning on my JD tuner to come. It luck with setting's.