1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 JD X6 EFI tuner in the house...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Aug 25, 2011.

1. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I bumped the green up, lowered the red/blue and then leaned out the yellow. The settings are a little richer than the recomended exept for the red it is at 7, quite a bit richer. I have a Leo exhaust , took out the back fire screen and opened the airbox . That is why I think my bike needs richer jetting.
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    bump the green up to 4 or 5, yellow to 5 or so and red up to about 7 You have a 449 TXC i have a TE511 so we may have different needs. Simple device, if you have 20 minutes to set it up you will be good to go.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    cool, thanks for the info. Great looking bike BTW and seemed to rip pretty good.
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Mine is a TXC511 so it should be very close.
  5. kumz Husqvarna
    AA Class

Got my tuner yesterday. Thanks MOTOSPORTZ!! Been messing with the settings a bit. Im currently at: Green - 3/4, Yellow - 5, Red - 6/7, Green Blue - 2/3, Yellow Blue - 4, Red Blue - 7.

I have a stainless Akro with the spark arrestor in, race map II. It cleaned up the entire powerband, but im getting a slight flat spot up top. Gonna borrow my buddys wideband air fuel gage next week. Any recommendations to get rid of the flat spot? Thanks
  6. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I found this flat spot like you on my second ride of my new bike and it maybe the engine is still a little tight. Mines fine now I gave the bike a few full throttle blasts out riding and it picked up nicely. You may also fine unless you have changed the engine oil the factory filled mine to three quarters full on the sight glass, which would appear to be to much because i then found some oil on the rocker cover.....although check with other forum members about your efi tuner settings i can't remember mine.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Thank you!!! What does the flat spot feel like? the engine stop reving higher or? Play with the red setting. Go up and down until it gets better or worse. You really can't hurt the bike playing with it.
  8. hawaii-rider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2018 TC250, 2015 TE300
    Other Motorcycles:
    04 CRF-270x, 95 CR500, 93 CR250 etc
    with these tuners in place, what kind of range are you getting on the stock fuel tank?
    off road?
    pavement/dual sport?

curious what kind of "sort of" MPG these are getting!

Thanx

HR
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I will lessen the MPG if you run them real rich. You can always run them stock or leaner so you have options.
  10. Dan Rich Husqvarna
    C Class

I canot wait till my tuner gets here - thanks to the guys whove posted the settings they use for the 511's as it will make it nice and easy to adjust - and one other question - my 511 feels like it has trouble revving over 7000 revs normally - with the tuner im assuming this gets better - ive seen a youtube post that has a 511 revving towards what sounds like 10-11k revs . .? has anyone helped out their 511 airbox to get more air by drilling holes / etc once theyve got a jd tuner??????
  11. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Same with mine. Factory way overfilled mine and after first ride there was oil
    all over the motor, air box was saturated. I told the dealer that they overfilled it and they didn't believe me but said bring it in. Sure enough it was grossly overfilled
    so they cleaned it up and made it right.
    With the tuner I've found that the recommended setting for a race exhaust are a good starting point. I'm still having the stalling issue occasionally but not like
    it was before. It now only happens at moments when I absolutely need forward motion and it times it perfectly. Example: approx 7:30 of this clip.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ud_wXlK6SQs
  12. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great video the bikes looking very easy to control in your hands - bit of a good rider you.

The stalling issue i'm beginning to think its more the case of the clutch not disengauging correctly.... TPS reset never hurts so do this every time the bike stops..... The clutch does require quite a long pull on the lever on my bike. Mine has stopped twice and when i think of what i was doing at the time i was breaking at low speed. If travelling at slow speed lower than that of tickover (idle) with the rear brake applied and the clutch has not fully disengauged it makes sense the bike will stall. I'm going to keep an eye on my clutch in hot weather the clutch oil will become thinner and thus less effective. In the summer, or maybe before the oil with be changed to Motul 5.1.
  13. spud1968 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Check your headstock bearings my headstock was over tightened from the factory which slows turning a little and would have eventually cause some pitting on the shells.
  14. kurtpr Husqvarna

Hi Moto,
    I'm a new Husky owner ( i just picked up a 2012 TE511 for Christmas) and I have had an issue with stalling when I let off the throttle quickly ( like when I pull the clutch lever ). I have read this thread about the JD tuner and I am totally interested in it. Would this also take care of that problem? - Kurt
  15. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Does the 2012 come with the race exhaust or does it just come with that stock monstrosity like the 2011 ? To answer your
    question I think the JD Tuner is a "must have" for that bike. That along with an aftermarket exhaust (muffler) will transform
    that motor into a powerhouse. It will help with the stalling issues but I think Spud made a very solid point regarding the clutch
    drag issues which I'm convinced is probably what's causing my flame outs.
    BTW, Spud thanks for the great insight and the kind words. I loved your vids as well. :cheers:
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    it should but some report still have some stalling issues. My personal 511 never really had that issue but seemed much less prone to wanting to stall after.
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    that was the issue with mine and it gained a lot of over rev and 11 HP on JD's dyno because it simply was to lean to rev much past 7500. I don't really need the top end for the woods riding i do but it did make the top end way more fun / powerful.
  18. kurtpr Husqvarna

Well, I.m not sure if the exhaust is a race exhaust but it is designed by Akrapovic...something about using "light steel"...I dunno. I agree with adding the JD tuner, the more I read the more I like. Any certain exhaust systems I should be looking at?
  19. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lucky dog. So the 2012's come with the Akro already installed ? Sweet.
  20. kurtpr Husqvarna

Yes it is standard issue for the 511...I imagine for all the TE line as well. I am not familier with the Akro..or any other off road exhaust. I haven't been on a dirt bike since the 70's...so all of this is new to me as far as the off road thing. I do remember Husky's being top dog back then. I guess that is why I treated myself!! I did just drop off my bike back at the dealer this morning, I am having them figure out the stalling problem. As soon as I unloaded the bike they were all over it!...nice service!