1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

449/511 JD X6 EFI tuner in the house...

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Motosportz, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Just got this in the mail. Custom 511 map and some settings. Will be installing and testing and then running up to JD's for some final Dyno runs and exhaust sniffing. This bike runs about perfect but i know some having issues with leaness after adding a pipe which mine does a little. Will be interesting to see if I can gain performance and or mileage. Fun stuff.
  2. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    WOW. full report comeing, was not expecting this.

I just posted this on Kreigs 449 pipe thread to give you an idea.

FYI though I am working with JD on some settings as the programmer is out of range on some stuff and need tweaked for this bike.

But as is...

Guys, i have a pipe on my TE511 and it was running perfect after the idle screw tweak, or so i thought. Last night i added a JD X6 Tuner to sort the wiring and base map for JD. I was installing it thinking why? Had to keep telling myself it was for my customers as i sure don't need it. At first it did not feel like it did a ton but ran better right away. Just smoother and perfecter. :D More perfect? Anyway, I mounted it to my handlbars and was jetting at stop lights and while riding!!! I ended up richer on everything and WAY richer on the top setting as it feels flat up there. Result? You know how much power that pipe you just installed added? This adds that much more. No shit. And it runs better over all. The roll on power is nothing sort of stunning. 55 mph wheelies are right there. lighting up the back tire at will in any gear on gravel. Instant throttle response and impossible to stall. I have never ridden a better running bike. the down side is that it went from a docile kitten of a EZ to ride bike to a fire breathing KX450 type gig. I like it but some people who want a tame trail bike (like it is stock) might not. Absolutely RIPS and runs perfect. No popping ever. No EFI glitch AT ALL. Perfecter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  4. oregonsage 4st Clerk

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    FX450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha DT400 x 2, BMW G310R
    Since my stock TXC511 will dig trenches in hardpack at will .......:eek:
  5. jerbear610 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14' WR300, 11' TE511, 06'TE610 sold
    Other Motorcycles:
    11' Husaberg FE570, 15' Beta 300RR
    Wow, sounds like you've hit the jackpot. Definitely got me excited, although I'm guessing it's not cheap. Did you
    order it on-line ?
  6. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I will add "for full disclosure" on the above post because we intend to sell these just like we sold the JD carbs for the 125.

*** full disclosure, poster (me) intends to sell this unit. ***

that said they are relativity cheap. $209 full retail and I'll deal a little on them. Very EZ install and 100% reversable. Works fantastic on a bike that did not need it. Amazing device and so many things ytou can do with it.

16 levels of adjustment leaner and richer for these settings...

- Idle / low speed
    - Low speed
    - Low to mid transistion
    - Mid range
    - Top end
    - Accellerator pump (Adds more fuel based on rate the throttle is turned not position like the above) Makes a huge difference in response.

I never really thought this motor had it in it to be a ripper. i was fine with that and enjoying it as a mellow yet strong performer, EZ to ride and fun to go fast on. Now it just flat rips a hole in everything. Also so amazing to change your jetting as you go down the road! Makes it real EZ to dial it in seat of the pants style.

Will be working with JD to normalize the flat settings and change the idle / low range etc. but as it it is amazing. We should have the final version ready to go ASAP. then i will just install it under the seat and forget about it other than the new 5hp across the board and PERFECT running.
  7. javadog Husqvarna
    A Class

Id like to get it for my te449 so it wont stall so easily
  8. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Fixed my 250 with the JD tuner. I'm glad it works so well on the 449/511 stuff too! Sooo easy to tweak on the fly! Jim is a cool dude to deal with in my experience as well.
    Buster likes this.
  9. Xcuvator Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE450,610 WB165,WR250 WR360 & XC430
    Other Motorcycles:
    yes
    Those new bikes are sounding more perfecter to me all the time.
    So much for a few more MPG though...
  10. robertk61 Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250
    I stuck one on my 11 310 a couple of months ago, couldn't believe the difference it made, best bang for buck I have ever spent.
    kiwitxc likes this.
  11. zoom Husqvarna

are these for sale thru you yet? would like to order one ASAP..
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    JD is running my 511 on the dyno today to establish baseline settings. Should be good to go by next week.
  13. ScottyR Husqvarna
    AA Class

I am keen to try one of these on my 449. Mine runs good, but I know it can be better.
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Mine ran seemingly perfect but the X6 added mid and top power, better (smoother) running overall. Did more than i expected and it was for sure running on the lean side. Should have info tomorrow on power and what the bike was running CO wise and what it is now. Will publish that info here.
  15. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    While you're in the publishing mood... how about publishing ordering info too! :D
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    read post 12, we are working on it.
  17. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    What? Can't I be impatient? :D
  18. TonyWilliams Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TXC-511, TE-510
    Are you going to test/map this on a TXC? Or does the TE and TXC share the same ECU mapping?

Tony
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Same. TC is different though I believe.
  20. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    So... Just spoke with JD and he said this is going to make a huge difference and he is surprised the bike runs well without the tuner. Is REALLY lean in several spots and flat will not rev out like it should as it is so lean. Gained 4hp in a few spots already and runs far better. Still changing maps and adjusting levels for baseline settings. Good stuff that should yield good results.