2015 Husqvarna model lineup (words only)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 16, 2014.

1. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I agree on the direct injection. If it becomes available I will definitely be interested. I had a Yamaha 2T 200 hp V6 outboard with HPDI and WOW! Ultra reliable and efficient with blinding speed and smooth power. It was around 1000 PSI spray direct into each cylinder. 4 stroke MPG as well. Not sure how or if that technology could be applied to a small enduro. I hope.
  2. cheko7 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    85 500CR 94 250WR 04 125CR 10 300WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    Cagiva WMX 250 88 2/89WMX125s
    image.jpg
    My 04 125 is a favourite with my riding mates me and my 16yr old swap between it and 10 wr300
    TemecuCoastie and ray_ray like this.
  3. Ron Menchen Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 WR300
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM Super Adventure
    On my 125 I had white plastic and the 05 rear end.... I really liked it.... thats where I headed back to soon as I can.... Probably a 165 also....
  4. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175

I like the betas. I actually really like them. Though I do not know much about their engines? (can someone inform me?). But the network for them sucks, so I will probably not ever even SEE a beta let alone purchase one. Its even worse than Husky, which is not good to begin with. I am sort of thinking about grabbing a ktm or a yamaha just because im sick of trucking all around to get service and parts. Especially with my local husky dealer dropping husky because ktmburgvarna wanted too much money to have them remain a dealer...

I am a young guy and newish to most of this stuff. I do not remember glory days or have any experience with two strokes. Better fuel economy and more bottom end in light weight packages sounds awesome. But they still wont be road legal and still have problems traveling anywhere (cant get 2stroke oil at gas stations to my knowledge). So that rules them out for me and msot other people I would imagine, who live in shitty places like PA where riding areas are few unless you know someone with land.
  5. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Since you are young you will not remember that back in the day Like my 1964 Yamaha 80 had the carb on the side of the motor by the crank and had a oil bottle under the seat the bike would mix it as you rode
  6. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Yep, Dads RT1 had oil injection. Some of the mid 80s to early 90s Suzuki kids bikes and quads had that feature too.
  7. GMP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    '13 Beta 300RR Racing
    Beta network does not suck, getting bigger by the day. I see your in Philly. Two south jersey dealers and a few PA dealers. A big dealer near me in north jersey just took them on as an alternative to the KTM conglomerate, since Husky was absorbed. Then there are the small power dealers who go out of their way to support people nationwide. Only thing stopping you for real now is the two strokes are sold out for '14. Not bad for the second year.
  8. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

any engine that passes the homologation tests is allowed for road registering. it's as simple as that.
    it's not like two-stroke engines cannot pass these tests, it's rather that hardly anyone is willing to get them tested, because they consider the market as being too small blablabla.

fuel-injected two-stroke engines feed oil according to engine rpm and throttle opening and engine temperature. therefor, they have a separate fuel tank.
    in fact, it does not even need an injected engine to do that. the husky wre125/sms125 ("dual bikes" for youth drivers license) use the dellorto "electronic carburettor system" that adjusts oil and ignition according to these parameters.

r
    Motosportz and robertaccio like this.
  9. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    My WR is plated and insured. You can ride any hare scramble without plates, and about 1/3 of the ECEA enduros for this year are closed course (no registration required). You can do plenty of riding without needing to be street legal, even on the east coast. Getting oil isn't a big deal, if you're on a long enough ride where you'll need to gas up, you just carry a bit of it with you. I ride many dual sports in this fashion.

2-strokes will never be beaten by 4-strokes for cheap, simple, light performance, low cost of ownership, and minimal/inexpensive maintenance. They are not do-all machines, but they are much better suited to certain types of riding than 4-strokes.

P.S., if you show up for any ECEA enduro or hare scramble, I guarantee that you'll see at least one beta. They are out there. Do your own work and the lack of dealers becomes much less of an issue, then it's just a matter of ordering parts, which doesn't scare be since I order most of my Husky parts from far away places (Hall's, Motoxotica, etc) anyway.
  10. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175

I am pretty certain if it isnt sold with a road title, you cant get it registered as a road legal bike. They wont give a piss what tests you passed.

oh... i see you meant as far as manufacturers go. not consumer end fighting with the DMV
  11. BaronVonDarrin Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te630
    Other Motorcycles:
    wr250r, CL175

well i might show up to curly fern though it looks like im in worse trouble financially than I thought recently. I will be there on my te630 probably if I can swing it. See how I do.

I dont have anything against hem other than my perceived difficulty in getting on e with an appropriate title and then whipping it around places with the oil thing. I might consider a two stroke someday if I have some cash to throw around again. I dont really think that will be any time soon and till then I need one bike to crash them all which so far has been my 630. if you would like to donate one to me feel free, ha
  12. mkfox Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2002 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1973 Greeves Griffon
    Depends on where you live.:banana:

Attached Files:

BaronVonDarrin likes this.
  13. Kyle Tarry Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 WR 300, 2006 TE 610
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Monster S2R 800
    Very, very dependent on the local jurisdiction. PA, for example, has a very clear (although somewhat involved) process to get a street title and plate for ANY motorcycle which has been converted to street use and meets all of the requirements (lights, blinkers, horn, speedo, DOT tires, and some other things). NH, as another example, allows a similar process but is MUCH simpler and easier. In CO, you can get a title and plate on a dirt bike with much more limited equipment (lights, mirror, DOT tires, horn?) and one simple inspection.

Furthermore, a nontrivial number of 2-strokes come with road-ready titles from the factory. My WR300 came with a regular title that you could turn in for a plate in most states, no questions asked. My understanding is that all the KTM EXC 2-strokes are the same.

If you go to any public land enduro, every bike there needs to be plated and insured. I'd bet that 10% of the bikes have plates that don't even belong to that vehicle on them, but the rest are still plated, through various methods.
    BaronVonDarrin likes this.
  14. jcg61 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM300, 1972 Rickman 125,78 YZ125
    [Furthermore, a nontrivial number of 2-strokes come with road-ready titles from the factory. My WR300 came with a regular title that you could turn in for a plate in most states, no questions asked. My understanding is that all the KTM EXC 2-strokes are the same.

I don't think that is the case in Cuomo's New York! I'm sure Norm Foley could shed light on that.
    Norman Foley likes this.
  15. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Used to be like that here int he NW before they became savvy to that and started revoking all the plates.
  16. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I really can't wrap my head around a State turning down revenue for registrations. Seems counter productive but nontheless still happening.:confused:
  17. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Yeah no kidding. I think another crazy part is that they're revoking plates there. You would think they'd atleast be grandfathered in
  18. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    Hard to redistribute my money if they won't accept it.:lol:
    LandofMotards likes this.
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Well after revoking plates the good people of washington state voted int he ability to plate almost anything. You just need to add the street stuff and jump through the hoops. You could get a plate for a KX500 now if you want. :thumbsup:
  20. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Washington kept the more expensive plate money and issued the cheap (compared to a plate) ORV stickers when they revoked the plates.
    BILLF likes this.