2015 Husqvarna model lineup (words only)

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by robertaccio, Jan 16, 2014.

1. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    Had lunch with 2 Italian moto industry professionals last week. They are both in the middle of the industry and the company they work for is an aftermarket and OEM supplier to all the top brands.
    He mentioned from very inside level that the 2015 line will be quite distinct from the current BNG wrap we are all seeing. There was simply no where near enough time to create a new style/shape for the brand.
    Of course the hard parts are corporate and supplier sourced so there will be commonality, but by this "rumor" they will be visually quite different along with the certain brand specific mechanical differences like the "plastic" subframe and specific maps and suspension specs. On that note IMHO the base chassis will be common (XC type) so even if you splurge on 2014 most likely the tentative new (MY15) wrap stuff/plastics/new shapes would fit (only my thoughts, no basis for fact). No matter, we can still stand by this comment "The new WHT Husky, the best Enduro/XC bikes that KTM never built"
    remember this is alot opinion and alot conjecture and some but not alot of rumor based thread (it seems to make logical sense to me)
  2. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

This why I am buying a 14 . It will be a great bike and for the next few years they will be building an all new platform . I absolutely will not buy generation 1 anything, for what these bikes cost I will pass on the Guinney pig deal
    robertaccio likes this.
  3. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I know you have good insider info but I'll wait and see. I cant see them having different frames or motors anytime soon. It will also be interesting to see if anyone makes any really noticeable improvements to dirtbikes in general. I have ridden a lot of new bikes and recently realized in 02-04 husky kinda hit the nail on the head for me. I really like my 04 based 165 and my new to me just aquired 02 CR250. Low seat heights, slim design, bigger tanks, Robust build quality, great motors. My 02 CR250's motor feels like the 300rr Beta I just rode, gobs of linear power eveywhere. Also felt slimmer and lighter. With the suspension sorted or upgraded only the Estart would make the Beta much better. (only using the Beta as a benchmark as I really liked it / thanks Steve for letting me try it) My opinion only. As I get older I care less about new bikes and more about what works for me. also having a blast buying $900 craigslist bikes and making them ride as nice or nicer than the new stuff.
  4. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    to add to that I liked how the older bikes had stuff. Axle pulls, zerks on the linkage, skid plates or frame loops, spark arrestors, etc. Seems they keep deleting stuff and charging more.
  5. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I was a big fan of this stuff also. The designers at old husky seemed to realize that a dirt bike will break down eventually and they built things like the axle pulls to make changing a flat easier. The zerks were awesome too! Make a bike easier to maintain and easier to work on when it breaks and I will be a fan of that brand.

I think what "taccio was talking about was more along the lines of new styled plastics for next year not just white Husaberg plastic.
    robertaccio likes this.
  6. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    New plastics adds like 5hp me thinks:p
    robertaccio likes this.
  7. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's Accio not Taccio!!! Yes that was my point, but again only conjecture, by what was mentioned to me.

BNG!!! Boring new graphics, blingy new graphics or bold new graphics?? that is the question.
    or an all new wrapping, appearance mostly, mechanically moderatly, commonality mostly.
    LandofMotards likes this.
  8. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Ooops, sorry sir Accio. Ya, I think all new plastics is pretty reasonable. I'll be surprised to see anything much more than that though. Maybe an ice cream tumbler mounted in the rear hub?
    robertaccio likes this.
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    white and blue... flip flops, towels, pacifiers, toasters, keychains, endless crap.
  10. ptkatoomer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Other Motorcycles:
    2020 ktm 300 xc-w, 2020 ktm 500exc

I hear you there! After 40 plus years of riding I finally broke down and ponied up the coin for a set of Sidi cross-fire boots that are so comfortable I can hardly believe. If I had to-I'd spend that again over some performance mod!
    robertaccio and Motosportz like this.
  11. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Something like this perhaps.... boogie board, flip flops (brake and shifter labeled) and BNG
    [IMG]
    R-J van Hulst and LandofMotards like this.
  12. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

bold new plastics. way to go, bro.

r
  13. TROFFER88 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Just posted on Instagram image.jpg
  14. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  15. Steve Kanya Husqvarna
    AA Class

16. 310huskyTE Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE 350, 2011 Meo.
    Other Motorcycles:
    67 CR250, 71 400 Cross, 78 CR250
    They even rebadged the boxes!
    Tessier, mnb, guscycle and 6 others like this.
  17. Boogie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Red head
    That "sticker slap" is way better than the last effort!

[IMG]
  18. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    I said it way back there that we are riding the golden age of dirt bikes as we speak .. The riff against bikes (ESP in the civilized places) is getting bigger and bigger ... The squeeze on riding areas is not gonna cease apparently ... You better be enjoying bikes now ...

Myself, I do not like riding feather light bikes so anything around the 230- 240 weight is OK for me ... I can still pick them up as needed and they feel very well planted on the trails ...
  19. fran...k. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    420ae 98wr125 2004wr250 others
    Other Motorcycles:
    electric freeride 1993 yam gts
    On the two stroke side to get that stuff you have to do without a filled crank don't you? Meaning the fillers in the balance holes are missing pretty much in the bikes that have the stuff you mention. As for the spark arrestor I think that is due to closed course intent and perhaps government related. The new stuff has more electricity and dc electricity.
  20. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Winner !!!