2014 FE 511 Project Pics

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by WLDracing_3G, Mar 10, 2014.

1. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
  2. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Raptor 700 SE, 2011 YZ450F
    Project Update:

Flame Out Cure!

Power Commander 5 Map
    TINKEN's 2014 X-perimental TE511 ^+9° over TDC

As you may have read I still had the problem of flame outs. Well good ole' Tinken had the cure and I mean cure to the flame outs. Now while this map does cure the flame out problem it also transform's your 511 into a rocket ship in all rpm and throttle positions. And this is usable predictable, reliable power. Man you have to experience this.

Example:

You are flying down a trail or track downshifting, hard on the breaks to a rutted tight left u turn. At the point where your inside leg is lifted high and you are in the rut and committed, and need to roll on the throttle...with this map there is no lag the throttle response is immediate but not so much as to pull you out of the rut. Man it is pure heaven, the power band is strong and pulls through the power band...The Mid range hits like My YZ450F but actually pulls more and stronger. The High no longer just falls off.

Recap of Performance Mods.

ZipTy ECU Map 3
    Switch to Toggle between OEM ECU Map 2 and 3
    TC449 Air Box
    TC449 Header conversion
    TC449 FMF MegaBomb Header
    TC449 Q4 Slip On With Mid pipe
    Zip Ty Oil Recirculation Kit 1250cc of 0W40 Full Synthetic Mobil One Oil
    Removed Emissions canister
    Stainless Steel Oil Filter with Magnet
    Grounded the coil/spark plug wire to the frame not the engine.
    Zip Ty XF Race Coolant
    Capacitor Flip
    Power Commander 5
    OEM in Map Position 2 with TINKEN's 2014 X-perimental TE511 ^+9° over TDC PCV map in Position 1
    and Burnson Woop Ass map in position 2.
    PCV Map toogle switch
    15/48 Sprox (Great for Motocross Tracks Med elevation Glen Helen)
    15/50 or 51 for single track very steep elevation- Bike just keeps on pulling

Thanks Mike and Danny/ZipTy Racing

Husky TE 511 is now Awesome!!!

Will have Go Pro video soon of the Carlsbad Track at the Ranch...Stay Tuned
    Motosportz and michiganguy like this.
  3. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Okay Kids just got back from the Ranch and wanted to give you an update and bike report.

Specifically the Kenda Washougal Tires

I rode both tracks but stayed mostly on the Carlsbad track.

With the mods that I have done to the bike, this bike is bad ass for a dual sport.

Kenda Washougal tires (Hard to Intermediate Tire) 11 psi rear, 11 Front

All I can say these tires hooked up (Carlsbad is blue groove hard in most areas) The bike tracked awesome in sweepers never had an issue with loosing the front end and the rear was just as predictable. Tire wear after the weekend was hardly noticeable 10 for 10 :banana:

My gearing was 15/48 and think was just a bit low. Will add a couple of teeth in the rear but the power was awesome, just rolled on. With no jerkiness to the power. Stayed planted in turns and just tracked and did I mention turning....Turns on a dime. I noticed something funny at the point where you thought your throttle position was at the drop off point, but no you regrip and twist and there is a surprise. HP that you never knew you had.

One thing I noticed that I don't like is how heavy the front feels when going off jumps. That is the only weird thing I feel on this bike.

Overall this an awesome bike.

Me and my buds pretty much had the track to ourselves all weekend ...What an awesome weekend.

ray_ray likes this.
  4. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Takin a break....It was about 90, rode 20 minute motos Friday, and Sat. Absolutely no overheating..:cheers:

[IMG]
    Colo moto likes this.
  5. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Have you had your suspension redone? Mine had a heavy front end til ZipTy did the suspension now it can charge through whoop fields and fast sections like a beast.
  6. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yes, I had the suspension revalved and new springs, by Shock Therapy....The suspension is great ...The front end only in the air feels heavy....Have you ever attempted taking off both wheels at once...Big no no....not balanced. The front end will bring the bike off the stand
  7. A.A Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511 2013
    Other Motorcycles:
    ktm 500 exc
  8. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Try
    Malcolm Smith Motorsports

www.malcolmsmith.com/
    Welcome to Malcolm Smith Motosports, Southern California's premier Powersports dealership. Choose the Legend!
    7599 Indiana Ave, Riverside, CA 92504
    (951) 687-1300
  9. Stephen Flint Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 RMZ450
    G'day all, anyone know where i can buy a zip ty oil recirc system for my TE449 in australia ?