2014 FE 511 Project Pics

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by WLDracing_3G, Mar 10, 2014.

1. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Raptor 700 SE, 2011 YZ450F
    Thanks Zip Ty ...Michael, Danny, Ty. I appreciate all your help...I know I ask a lot of questions ....Thanks again. :banana: Your design is sweet !

P1360968.JPG

P1360976.JPG
    Tinken likes this.
  2. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    I took this from previous posts.

[IMG]
  3. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Ok. Got it now. It's all clear now. Looking forward to doing mine Monday. This will be first time to have bike in the dirt this weekend.
  4. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Have fun, I will be riding somewhere tomorrow, but that is the great thing about a dual sport, I can ride to the fun.
  5. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Stay Tuned, next project is adding a TC449 Megabomb Header to my TE 511 with a TC449 Airbox.
    12NengPSG likes this.
  6. bigmo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Really nice write up!
    WLDracing_3G likes this.
  7. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

First time in the dirt. All I can say is... :banana:

The bike just rips. Front wheel is always coming off the ground. Suspension, though stock, really worked very well, soaked up a lot of whoops and bumps and such. Engenders confidence. Just a real blast to ride. As soon as we got home, I went straight to work and switched the wheels back to SuMo. Going to start on the oil reservoir system tomorrow morning.
    WLDracing_3G likes this.
  8. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
  9. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Tom good luck with the install. This is really a fun bike.

Me and my buddy Jim (He was riding KTM 530 exc) put in 30 miles of hill climbing, water crossings, and just some awesome trail riding by Canyon Lake. I changed my rear sprocket to a 48 tooth and the bike just pulls now, not that very short powerband that drops off. I thought I would loose my hill climbing, lowend torque, but did not loose a thing this bike is awesome and with the oil recirculation, less vibration, easier shifts an just smooth power .

I am lovin' this bike.

I added a quick clip of climbing this hill and I was just shocked how the bike just pulled. Watching it does not do justice as to how steep it was. My buddy even decided to go the route that was not as steep. Anyway check out the views.

Tinken and TomGlander like this.
  10. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Correct, I had MAP 3 put on my bike when I bought it. The display reads map 2 but the print out from the Husqvarna programmer says BMW Race Set 3 and makes reference to the Akrapovic exhaust system.
  11. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

Nice riding. And yes, even nicer machine to ride. Can't say enough great things about it.

So I finished my installation of oil breather/circulator system. The install was pretty easy, just as you outlined in your post. I wanted to add one thing to this--a video of the boring process. ZipTy includes a step drill with the kit. It's self centering. A matter of boring the right front valve cover hole to a larger 3/4-inch size. I wanted to show this process, so had my wife hold the iPhone video cam while I demonstrated the event on my valve cover.

Here's the process:

Just a few procedural notes: Clearance is tight between the red head and the frame. The starter wire and the radiator hose want to be in the way. Just push them aside when you removed the head.

The spark plug bolt is easily removed with the proper offset wrench. No offset wrench? You'll have to mess up the flange on the spark plug cap with a dremel tool. That's not good. So buy an offset wrench set from Harbor Freight or online. I got mine from Amazon. Complete metric set sizes 6mm on up works for all kinds of hard to reach places.

Hoses were all plenty long. I used hose clamps instead of zip ties. Just like the security aspect of a hose clamp, I guess.

Filled with exactly 1,300 CC of Mobile 1. Initial fill was 1,000 CC. Started engine, let run for 30 seconds. Shut off and added another 300 CC. Filled right to the edge of spilling out of the filler hole. Plugged it with the fancy red aluminum cap provided with the kit, and I was off to the races.

Not a drop of oil anywhere after riding. No spills, no mess, no fuss, no fumes. It's all good. This is an excellent kit, I highly recommend it to everyone who has the 449 or 511. Saving my torque converter, gears, everything. I expect this motor to last a very long time.

Thanks again to Michale, Ty, and Danny at ZipTy Racing.
  12. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice video....I have never seen any documentation or any Tech support stating to fill with 1300cc's. Hey let me in on the secret!!!
    Tinken likes this.
  13. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    Tom, :applause: Excellent video thanks for the post.
  14. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

It's info I got from Michael when I visited ZipTy. He even says in a post somewhere that he cannot recommend more than the 1150cc max stated by Husqvarna, but he runs more than that. I'm basing my doings on his findings and experience. It's only 150 cc more than the amount stated by Husky anyway. So it's not a lot.

It sure is nice to know all that oil is in there doing its thing... and not going anywhere. I love this system, and am really glad I went ahead with it. I was going to hold off, almost "cheaped out" but realize that when a lot of guys start having torque converter issues, and I'm not one of them, I'll be smiling instead of crying.
  15. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

So, do airbox mods really make any significant difference in the way the bike feels? Any experience with that? I've seen additional holes cut in the dirty side, and screened over, allowing way more air flow... but again, is this going to be a significant improvement in throttle response or power?
  16. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

If it helps anyone else who's wondering how it all goes down, then my duty on this planet is partially fulfilled. The instructions ZipTy sends with the kit are lacking in key points, so maybe I should approach them about filling in the missing pages. I used to write "how-to" manuals in my spare time anyway. It was always fun.
  17. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I personally wrote the breather vent instruction sheet. I was going to write one for my breather tank, but decided to try and let customers decide the best way to mount it.
  18. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

The instructions I received are good, but are not complete. Nowhere in the instructions am I told where all of the hoses should be located. Everything else is great. I used the photos on this website to clarify placement.

If this site was down, I would have needed to make a phone call to get the answer to where all the hoses should be located.
  19. CF5 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Hey guys
    Has anyone else who installed the kit have a tiny high pitched wizzing sound coming from the engine?

Well mine does and I can't figure out why.
    The breather vent is seated properly.
    hoses are tight
    the two 90 degree fittings on the tank is tight too.
    The valve bolts are tight as well.

HELP MEEEEE
  20. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Sounds like it might not be a problem at all, but instead a harmonic sound created by something you've installed. "Wizzing" noises are usually air flowing over something that's vibrating, causing variable sound pressure waves, and making that sound you're hearing. Check for anything that's in the line of airflow. There may be nothing at all, but you know for certain the sound wasn't there before the install. So something is just enough out of wack to cause that sound you're hearing. Put whatever it is back into order, and the sound will stop.