2014 FE 511 Project Pics

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by WLDracing_3G, Mar 10, 2014.

1. CF5 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    at first I thought it was the valve cover bolt, there was oil spitting out from it during idle, this was the front One, Beside the breather vent.
    I re-installed it and ensured that the rubber gasket was properly in place.
    The oil isn't spitting anymore, but the noise is still there.
    The bike didn't have the sound before the install.
    And the only thing I touched was while installing the kit.

Essentially what I'm asking is, does everyone who has installed the kit have this sound too? Or is there something off with mine, which might not be due to the kit
  2. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511

I've installed this kit, and do not have any odd sounds at all. You shouldn't have any sounds related to the install of this kit. My engine actually runs quieter with this kit installed.
  3. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    There's a black plastic cam chain bumper that's glued onto the underside of the valve cover. Is it possible it's loose? Mine was loose. I reglued it before reinstalling the cover. I doubt seriously this is the issue.
  4. CF5 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    I don't really know how to explain what the issue is, but I'll remove the valve cover again and see how that goes.
    it kinda sounds like there's a leak somewhere, spitting oil or just pissin air out.
    Only when it revs. On idle you don't notice it.
    Like when I pull the clutch in, the sound goes away.
  5. TomGlander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 511
    Sounds like you're on the right path. Check everything, valve cover gasket (it was a pain getting it back in there for me... could be a small leak there? ... Good luck. Sometimes it's good to be lucky. When you rev the engine, it's under more load, maybe whatever it is that's causing this only becomes apparent when pressure is increased, making it a very small leak (if it really is a leak at all).
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Check to see if your vacuum cap is leaking on your manifold.
  7. CF5 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Vacuum cap on the manifold?
    Is the the cap provided with the kit? That goes over the original breather vent?

I placed a washer over one of the valve cover bolts to compress the rubber washer tighter. It doesn't spit oil out anymore.

Attached Files:

8. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    When you removed your emissions canister, it had a tube going to the manifold. If that fell off for some reason, it would make that kind of noise.
  9. CF5 Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    What emissions canister?
    Haha I'm in Oz
  10. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  11. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    2013 Raptor 700 SE, 2011 YZ450F
    Okay, just installed the TC 449 Air Box and the TC449 FMF Ti Megabomb Header and FMF Q4 Exhaust. Everything fits great. Here are some pics:

P1370045.JPG

P1370046.JPG

P1370048.JPG
    12NengPSG, bigjon and Tinken like this.
  12. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    That thing is Bad Ass. If when you ever decide to sell I don't imagine you will have much of a problem. I think I would be willing to drive down from MN to get it. Very nice work...ENJOY
  13. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Thanks very much, it was a fun project....

Man the bike just rips now. I have just under 200 miles on this and now that I have all the mods I want to do. Its time to put some good rides in...I will be heading to The Ranch Motocross park in a couple of weeks to test it on the Carlsbad Replica track and test some Kenda Washougal and Parker DT's. I will take some video (Go Pro)...And give you my thoughts.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    It needs a oil filter cover..;)
  15. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    The addition of the side number plates adds a nice look. Are those TC number plates?
    Again very nice!
  16. 12NengPSG Husqvarna
    C Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE449
    I noticed you still have the stock prake pedal. I am really having a hard time locating mine. I am going to have to get something bigger.
  17. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    I have an oil filter cover ...Just have not updated the Pic. Side number will fit on a TC/TE 449/511. Go to Halls Cycles. Break Pedal is fine for me you may just need to adjust it up up a bit.
  18. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    12NengPSG likes this.
  19. WLDracing_3G Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Husqvarna TE 511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Update:

Swtiched from the stock 15/51 to a 15/48 rear Sprocket .Great for cruising fire trails with moderate fire road elevations, absolutely terrible for the tight twisty single track with 29% grades....NO NO NO :naughty:

So I switched to a 15/50 not much difference from stock but different. Went to Glen Helen and found the gearing was awesome.

However I was not really happy with the power with the Map 3, TC449 Air Box, MegaBomb, Q4 exhaust. Too much air.. need more fuel ...running to lean, so I just said what the heck and ordered PCV with the remote switch. Installation was very easy (all factory plugs) You will have to extend the ground wire to the battery and trim the shroud with a dremel to allow for the cord from the pcv.

Loaded Zip Ty's Race Map / Burn your Balls in Your Face Map and let me tell you the bike now is an absolute monster down low and pulling up High...It is a new machine, I was having so much fun I didn't even switch to Map 2 Burn your Nuts Map. Still have flameouts.....Can't believe all of this crap I have done to this bike and still flameouts....

Anyone have any map setting that will cure flameouts ?????

I have not made any changes to the mapping, look forward to getting some seat time in.

Need some new rubber ...Will be testing Soon:
    Kenda Washougal Rear
    Kenda Washougal Front
    ALLTRQ likes this.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Make sure you are in race mode II (plug in).

TINKEN's 2014 X-perimental TE511 ^+9° over TDC