1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2012 te310 ibeat CO settings?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Rizzkid, Oct 21, 2014.

1. LBM. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Honda CB550F
  2. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    R_Little. where did you get the 102.3 value from? I looked on all my manuals and found nothing.
    Is your bike also set to 962 on the TPS, or are you calculating my TPS millivolt value to determine my WOT %?

I also assume I need to check this with the bike warmed up, then turned off?

I assume I only need to adjust my airscrew(butterfly hard stop, if the WOT value is not 102.3%, correct?

Sorry for all of the ?'s, but I really do appreciate your advice and will repay it forward on the forums.
  3. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

102.3 is not in the manual. Both my bikes were set @ or about 102.3 when I got them.
    The pre-x-lite bikes were set @ 100.3

Going on memory I believe they are both now 962mv at idle.

Yes...warmed up..bike off.

Adjust the tiny allen key with the lock nut on the TB.

You should get 962mv at idle and 102.3% at WOT.

if you are at 962mv now you most likely wont have to adjust anything.

Let us know.
  4. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    I just bumped up by co1 to 106 and checked my tps and wot%. It was late and I didnt want to start the bike to warm it up, but the tps stayed the same at 962 mv and the wot% was exactly 103%. I will soon take it for a ride and see if the low end is smother , then re-check the wot% to see if it changed when the bike is warmed up. I guess I should leave it alone for now since 103 is close enough to 102.3?:confused:

Also, I couldn't connect with ibeat for a while , even with the ignition key ON. I had to prime the fuel pump using the red switch, then it communicated immediately. I didn't read this in the manual anywhere.

I see member LBM has adjusted his airscrew on his 2011 TE310? Is this the butterfly hard stop opening using the allen screw, or another screw? Please explain as I only see an ldle screw adjustment on my 2012 te310:excuseme:
  5. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

So ride the bike and see how it runs.

With 103% your idle RPM may be a little low.

As far as the WOT....it's close but I would adjust the TPS to 102.3% at WOT.

That will increase your mv at idle I bet to around 972mv maybe the number you started with?

You adjust it with the small allen screw with the lock not on the bottom rear of the TB if my memory is correct. I think it is called the butterfly hard stop. Not the idle screw. That is an air bypass.

I am not sure which way you turn it to reduce the WOT % setting....i think it is inward but it's been a long time.
  6. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    To adjust WOT do you have the ignition on but the engine not running, or are you pinning it in neutral with it running?
  7. LBM. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Honda CB550F
    Rizz, Yes after tps (butterfly hard stop with lock nut and allen screw) was reset, the idle was kinda high at 2350 2400 rpm. Airscrew (Phillips with spring around it) helped lower the idle speed , 2 5/8 turns out. I haved tweeked it slightly since to get about 2150-2250 rpms without any noticeable loss of low speed rideability, I don't think it is a idle speed adjustment but a air fuel mix type setting. its worth playing with. My 310 works real nice with the 4 port inj.
    You must do the throttle hard stop first with the engine at around 90C (as read on the ibeat screen) mine was best at one full turn in from closed position, do the tps reset match procedure and look at the % values, from its new closed position to WOT should be 0% to about 102.0 or slightly higher. key on/engine off . And yes for some reason the fuel pump red button needs to be on.
    Your CO's are higher the mine, if going higher has not helped with your surge its worth trying closer to 101 as a test. CO #1 (I feel) is fairly rich at 100 and if your bike starts easy cold and will idle good without the cold start lever pulled after a minute its probably ok. Oh and mine never surged after power up, you sure you have no vaccum leak? air boot,vac plug at head after power up? hope some of this may help as this bike should really work nice with a little tuning.
    Lorenzo.
    2011 te310 at 124h (4298kms)
  8. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    LBM and R_Little:thumbsup: , thanks a million for the tips and advice. I just re-adjusted the co1 setting to 107 and its better down low. It surges a little under 9 mph with a small throttle opening but better than before. At this point my mid range and upper throttle are very smooth, clean , crisp and very powerful, similar to my kx250 at close to wot. My current settings (bike warmed up) co1=107, co2=105, co3=106 tps at 962mv and wot% at 103.
    Im not afraid to adjust the wot% to 102.3%, but will it really improve things? The bike has always, and still does, start easy whether its hot or cold. I barely have to use the enrichener on cold starts. (less then 10 seconds, sometimes less) idle is still at 1950-2000rpm , same as before the CO fuel changes

R_Little, you say your xlite bikes were set to 102.3%WOT. what model bike and year? te310's? te250's? setup from Central Jersey Cycles?
  9. R_Little Husqvarna
    Pro Class

2010 TE250 and 2012 TXC310 both set @ 102.3 from the factory.

If it runs good leave it.

As a practical matter all a higher WOT% means is the map at 103% will be a little richer than at 102.3% given the same COs and the idle might stay a little low.

If you lower it to 102.3% you may have to add about 1% to the COs for the same performance and you might notice the idle raise a little too. At 1900 rpm I think your idle is a touch low as to be expected but if you like it that way and the bike does not stall, leave it.

As for the COs each bike is a little different from the rest.

For example back in 2010 everyone was running COs over 110 with an open stock pipe which was rather loud!

Lower CO1 does seem to increase gas mileage the most. Just raise CO to get the surge out and stop there.
    Remember this is a race bike not a commuter so what is important is that the bike pulls clean and does not pop stall when riding or overheat or ping under load. A little surging at cruise may just mean it is running efficiently.
  10. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Would a pop stall be indicative of a rich, or a lean condition?
  11. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    More like not enough fly wheel weight coupled with a short stroke.
  12. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    Just my luck. That short stroke problem raises its ugly head again...
  13. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    Thanks all. The 1950 rpm idle never stalls on me. no popping or pinging noticed, I also noticed now I do not get any popping on deceleration like I did before. I will leave it as is or maybe change co1 to 108 to smooth is out further.
  14. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    Just opening this up again.
    What I beat CO settings do you have? Please state bike model, year and 12 or 4 point injector. What settings are working best???
  15. fiyrman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310 2012
    Other Motorcycles:
    CRF250X,TRX450ER, BMW R1100S
    What CO settings are you using with your setup?
  16. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
    co1=108, co2=106, co3=106
  17. Rizzkid Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Te310
    Other Motorcycles:
    KX250
  18. Mike-AK Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 310
    98 102 105

Sold the bike earlier this week.
  19. CCP Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 WR250 11 WR250
    lucky you - It seems like the Xlites are a hard sell here in the northeast. I've been trying to get back on a 2T for awhile but no luck selling my TXC310.

102 103 103 DB killer removed
  20. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    So what's next for Mike? Congrats on the sale, I think?