2011 wr250 / 300

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 20, 2010.

1. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    If the bike fits its design spec, it's perfect ... Riders are the faulty aspect of the equation ...

I guess it takes a big, big man to ride a WR 250 \ 300 Husky ... Any thing less than a big, big man ... UR outta luck here ...
  2. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

The only issues i´ve had is the seat height and the Mikuni. I cut my seatfoam 1 inch and changed to the Keihin PWK.

I don´t understand the problems with heavy clutch people complain about. Mine is perfect and i never get tired of it.

I have no problems with the kickstarter. I start my bike with the gear in and clutch pulled.

The jetting issues dissapeared with the Keihin.

I don´t care that the chain is on the "wrong" side. It makes it wasier to lube on the trailer when it stands beside my friends KTM=)!

We travel the same distance on one tank.

NOTHING has broken on my bike.

It always starts easy.

It is very accessable when working on it.Especially as i work on my friends KTM and can compare.

It´s not as ugly as a KTM

My friends comments the Husky and really like the looks of it, which is nice, even if it doesn´t have anything with performance to do.

What i would like to have is a lower seat on the aftermarket, and a 6-speed tranny when i go Supermoto, as i also do with this bike.

I will buy a Husky again, because for me this simple, reliable bike is perfect. I don´t need E-start or stuff like that. I take time with my watch and write in my servicebook to keep an eye on everything.

I,m a happy Huskyowner.

Johnny:sweden:
  3. muggsy Husqvarna
    A Class

I gotta respond to this.....Check the guy at about 4:33, He's on a wr250 or 300 and made it up the cleanest !!

In addition to my 09' wr250 I have a 07' KTM200xc, The KTM is a good bit lighter for sure, and you can really feel it when you have to pick the bike up on a hill.....However the Husky handles so much better and fits me so much better (I'm 6'1" 205lbs.) I may only pick it up once or twice on a tough ride where as the KTM throws me off of it every chance it gets !...I pick up the KTM a good bit more !!

If/when Husky decides to update the current wr line I hope they focus mostly on weight savings and a 6spd. wide ratio would be nice....how about a hydraulic clutch and for sure an improved shift lever...This bike is known for it's "planted" feel, almost perfect motor and predictable cornering characteristics...lets keep the soul of the beast intact !!:thumbsup:
  4. jsleeper Husqvarna
    AA Class

HaHa. Just a bit too much gas....and *ss hanging off the back of the seat.

It seemed like the KTM guy, after realizing he could not make it, would produce a smoke cloud to prevent everyone else from passing him.

jsleeper
  5. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Not sure what is gonna happen with these specific models but with the rumored new 340(?) 2ts and the milleville streeter and the new racing bodies Husky is obtaining plus MX2 racing, the company is certainly capable of updating these machines here also ...
  6. Johnnymannen Husqvarna
    AA Class

Does anyone know if the thermostat is adaptable to the 2010 300? (from the 2011 300).
  7. Valhalla Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 TE 300
    I really like my 09 WR300, because it fits me better than my 06KTM 250XC. I can throw the KTM around easier, especially in gnarly
    terrain, but the 300 will tractor through most situations without too much effort as well. The WR just feels bigger and taller, and I'm 6'2-225lbs
    and like the roomy ergos. What I like the most about my WR300 though was the price of admission. Got it brand new for about $5900 bucks, and despite some
    small issues, tuning and acclimation period, this bike has been a genuine bargain. I would love to see the WR250/300 continue to get refinements, but not inherit
    a $7-8K price tag to boot. The WR's do fill a nice performance/price point in this stage of their evolution.
  8. lankydoug Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    WR
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM 300en
    I don't see any manufacturers doing drastic R&D on their bikes 2t or 4t, it's probably due to the global economy being in the crapper. I think a D.I. 2t is just around the corner and when that happens it will break the game up, a 200cc 2t D.I. bike will probably be all an average guy will be able to hang on too. I bought leftover a 09 WR250 for $4800, that left a pile of money to upgrade before I even started to come close to the leftover KTM price of $6200. When I get to the $6200 mark I will gladly put my bike up against the bone stock KTM. As far as the tall factor of the Husky that was one of the selling points for me, I'm 6'6" and wish it had a taller softer seat, currently I just stand as much as I possibly can but the taller seat might help with fatigue from the deep knee bend affect at the end of the day. If I didn't weigh 210 lbs I would have bought a leftover 09 125 for $3700 (WOW what a bargain!).
  9. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

From what I have heard we are going to learn a lot about where the new big bore husky 2T's are going at the start of the WEC. Can't wait to see the prototypes.
  10. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    If that new 2T bike is out there, they are keeping it under wraps pretty good ...
    Coffee likes this.