2011 wr250 / 300

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 20, 2010.

1. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
  2. john01 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Anything change other than the plastic that you know of? Thanks for posting up the pic. drooling has begun.
  3. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Looks like zero change. I don't get why husky does not at least put the old engine in the 2008 frame.

This is ktm's biggest seller segment...the 250/300xc 2t... you would think its good business to try and get some of it. KTM are very venerable IMO simply because they too have not updated in a while.
  4. OM48 Husqvarna
    B Class

Anybody know the prices? KTM just did a big update for 2011.
  5. NWRider Husqvarna
    AA Class

On TT they are saying it has a new ignition. I don't know if this is true or not.
  6. rasputin Husqvarna
    AA Class

yes. digital ignition, finally (also for the wr125).

r
  7. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    The ignition is the only thing I've heard, or can make out from the BEFURIOUS website, to which these pictures are linked.

BEFURIOUS quote;

"Tan sólo se han cambiado las gráficas de su diseño respecto al año pasado y modificado el guardabarros trasero incorporando un nuevo piloto trasero de led integrado. También el faro delantero cambia para adecuarse a la estética del resto de modelos.
    Tal vez el cambio más importante esté en el encendido que representa la llegada del encendido Ducati incrementando así su versatilidad y mejorando claramente la regulación de la potencia en unas motos que siempre han estado tildadas de entregar la potencia de manera brusca, algo que la gran mayoría de usuarios aceptarán de buen grado al quejarse de unos motores verdaderamente explosivos."

If you can translate that then you'll know more than me.:lol:
  8. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    Why can't they atleast put a wave disc on the rear?
  9. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    These bikes are the best values in off-road motorcycles in the world. :applause:
    They're solid bikes that work great for what they do and they are affordable. If they go and do a bunch a redesigning of the bike, they won't really be any better, but they will cost more money. :thumbsdown:

So, why bother?:excuseme:
  10. PC. Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    CR165 & CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM500
    VERY good point.

I have an 09' 300 and quite a few buddies have newer KTM 300's. I really do not like the chassis feel or motor on the KTM's. NOR do I like the price.

For $5500 OTD my 09' was a bargain in this day and age of $8-9k dirt bikes.

And I'm no Husky purist. I have 2 Honda's, 1 Kawi and Yami in the garage next to the Husky. I just like bikes that work and dont cost a fortune.
  11. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    If they just put an electric leg on the puppies it would be a big improvement and have a wider appeal which would increase sales and augment for more R&D going forward.
    This has to be the last stand still year for Husky 2 strokes otherwise they will get dealt to by KTM/Husaberg, Gas Gas etc. EFI has to be on their horizon
  12. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    Thanks.

I really believe in these bikes. I do think they need to drop kick the Mikuni carb and I'm sure the ignition upgrade is going to give them a good performance boost. But, I just don't see the need to drive the cost up on a great bike for menial returns.

KTM keeps making big changes and the price just keeps going up, but I don't think the bikes have really improved that much. The changes they seem to be more toward making their bikes more main stream than really improving the basic design of the modern off road dirt bike.

If you can't come up with a significant design that's going to revolutionize the way we look at two strokes, then why bother?

GASGAS made a really cool styling change that greatly improved the appeal of their bikes, but it's the same basic package they've had for years, just like about every other two stroke.

Sorry for the rant. :oldman:
  13. mrblah Husqvarna
    A Class

ktm has had pretty significant updates in the past couple years, and a bunch of changes for 2011
  14. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

I've seen the bikes, mostly cosmetic changes since my last 250xc 2008. Suspension has better valving since then but the rest of the bike is a just tweeked version of the original 2007 250sx. Even the Berg looks just like my old 250 in blue.

Still good bikes, but if some big player commes out with a fresh bike in this segment, they will win big market share. As for the husky, I fail to see how much more money the bike would cost with the newer frames. The 125 got it, and its there least expensive bike.
  15. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    A solid rear disc keeps the mud out, it was done on purpose.
  16. Croc Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE 511
    true, But there is a lot of blue discs around
  17. bigcahunak Husqvarna
    A Class

So so true.
    So glad I got the 2010 300, as I didn't like that LED rear fender on my 10 TE250. Also, they claim that the digital ignition is in to tame the aggressive power... what gives... explosive? not on my bike.
  18. ghte Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2 x 310's, 2016 Beta 480, SWM RS650
    Other Motorcycles:
    2016 Multi ,Griso1100, Monster695
    Most mags feel the 300 is the grunt meister of all the 2 strokes and is really in the domain of advanced pro riders. EFI with mapping switch and that beast would be a real killer.
  19. 2stroked Husqvarna
    A Class

A wave solid would be great, it would be self cleaning. I wish they would get rid of the floating disk, my disk surface is fine but the mounting adaptors and/or disk is worn and rattles like crazy
  20. Rob578 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Beta 300RR Beta 500RS TE 630
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda 919 sold FJR1300 sold
    Buy a JD Dual Map module off EBay for $99 and swap out the stator for an '07 CR 250 and you have your digital ignition for less than $300 using new parts.

Motorhead and i will let you know how this works out.

These are awesome bikes at a great price, unless they are going to make significant change leave them alone.

I'm sure I'm in the minority but I'd go back to the 50mm Zokes and ditch the old school KYB's on the '10 and I assume on the '11. I'm sure that was a cost saving measure