2011 wr250 / 300

Discussion in 'Newsroom' started by MOTORHEAD, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Working on wearing one out now. :thumbsup:
  2. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    We're all good. :thumbsup:

Just a healthy debate.

No shots fired, no animals harmed. :lol:
  3. gestion01 Husqvarna
    A Class

Last rebuild I almost went back to stock...I never got the level of performance I wanted. Or maybe my expectations where to high. Lesson learned is leave it stock or buy a bigger bike. :professor: Then trade after 90hrs :lol:
  4. MOTORHEAD Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    none
    Other Motorcycles:
    2014 YAMAHA YZ250
    If you were every face to face with EG for more than 5 min., you'd never let him touch your bike. :doh:

Just saying.
  5. wallybean Mini-Sponsor

I am going to say that the OEM 144 kit is going to last at least 1000X longer than the EG kit. Sorry if I offend anyone but there were serious quality and technique issues with the EG kit that caused a total re-build in 200 miles. :eek::banghead: Since George at Uptite cleaned it all up it has performed flawlessly and I am still getting almost 180 psi out of the top end. I am running it currently rather than the 167 because I am waiting for the correct power valve retaining rings. I was using the 09 retaining rings before and it was allowing the actuation shaft to slide each way about 1/4". Not good.

Love the small bore 2T because it is so much fun and I really enjoy working on it. I am programmed in to get an 11' TE310 and I am sure it will be far more bullet proof over the long haul but certainly less fun to wrench on. The way I ride, living on the bottom and mid the 310 might approach Jake's Yami durability.

Walt
  6. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08\013 WR250, 010 TC250, 012 TC250
    wow...the spectrum of events covered here is a little mind boggling to say the least ... :)

I'm sure my 02 CR250 engine outlasted every bike talked about here ... zero engines changes after ~6.5 years of riding in GPNF and other places when it was snow bound ... It just never broke ... it always brought me home and I always kept up with the crowd ... I thought this was expected from a Husky ...

And I'm thinking my 08 TXC250 is gonna do the same ... 3,040 miles, 168 hrs and this was a demo model bike and I did not add the vapor meter till after I had rode it ~2months, so pump those numbers up some .... no changes currently and no changes can be seen the horizon ... Some of these miles are on the hardtop, but 6500 RPM is 6500 RPM I'd guess ...
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    We are not talking about breaking, we are talking long term maintenance and which requires more time / $$. Catastrophic failures are a whole other ball of wax.
  8. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    I can only hope that my 09 TXC 250 lives up to the fabulous longivity records of my 93 WXE 360 and 93 WXE 250, both of which are STILL on their original pistons and run like scalded apes. :D

Same goes for my 2000 SM 610 and my son's 06 SM 610. :thumbsup:
  9. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    Yea ray, the "older" Cagiva motors ripped just as well as the newer Cagiva motors, when jetted properly.
    Same guys working R&D and assembly under the same bosses for decades now.

After years aboard the Swedish Huskies, with Cagiva's new found ownership of all things Husky, for 5 years I greatly lamented the loss of the Swede 2 stk motor.
    It may have been down on power to almost everyone else, but it was laden with stump pulling torque that was fairly unique within it's 2 st community. It felt like no other bike out there. Much unlike todays variety of 2 st's which have comparatively subtle differences, all with great power, brakes, and handeling.

But the Italians got their act together in 92, and with the help of some fine Jap components, they put together a great platform for their future development.
    I've been loving these Italian steeds just as well as my old Swedes. :thumbsup:

I'm just hopeing that BMW allows the Italians to continue uninterrupted with their development of fine machinery and don't try to interject some of their uber superior stupidity. ;)
  10. huskyduck Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    9 Huskys
    What the ????
    ray ray, I reply to your post........and now your's is gone ???? :lol:
  11. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    It was a little redundant of my previous post , so I deleted ... You upped my post any way :) ... nice words and I can tell your a true Husky rider!

I really liked my 02 CR250 ...its very close to what is sold today as a WR 250 \ 300 ... Husky should make a step next year on these machines ...
  12. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    this may be old news but i have read an article that says that new Ducati Digital Ignition adds 2hp and 4 nm of torque . not sure if it was for the 250 or 300 or both
    noticeably more power and yet smoother delivery
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    The 250/300 is in serious need of an update...the new chassis and update that motor...I know I will step on toes here...put the chain on the left, that lowers the k/s, add e start, more lighting capacity, better suspension, and you have a killer bike....

Don't get me wrong...I love the motor until I kick it...my knee sucks....I like the power...crazy easy to ride and ride fast...got to update to sell more units...
  14. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    The 250/300 is in serious need of an update...the new chassis and update that motor...I know I will step on toes here...put the chain on the left, that lowers the k/s, add e start, more lighting capacity, better suspension, and you have a killer bike....

Don't get me wrong...I love the motor until I kick it...my knee sucks....I like the power...crazy easy to ride and ride fast...got to update to sell more units...
  15. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    sure - the 2010s are the same price here as a TE250 so i would always go the newer technology ,frame etc unless it was a couple of gs less
  16. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

KTM EXC 300 vs Husqvarna WR 300
    Sorry my bad English.
    I have had WR 300 2010 and now I have again EXC 300

Thinks that I don’t like on Husqvarna but like on KTM.:
    - It’s too tall, I’m 172cm. solution: Shorten rear shocks stroke
    - Spokes were very loose when it come from factory
    - Motor’s mounting bolts loose always until I put Nordlock washers
    - Swingarm’s and linkake’s oil seals were very poor. Solution: grease nipples and better seals.
    - No hour meter
    - Slippery gear lever. Solution: alloy gear lever.
    - 5th gear too short.
    - Radiators are very soft, like beer tin. Solution: radiator braces
    - Hard to get perfect jetted. Carburetor also freeze very easy when minus celcius. Solution: Keihin PWK.
    - Clutch are heavy to use. Solution: Rekluse
    - Hard to get start when below -10 celcius.
    - Kickstarter are in weird place because right chain side. Hard to kick properly when short rider.
    - Rear brake pad are slower to change because Brembo’s old kind of rear brake cylinder. Pin are very tight.
    - gas cap leak if you don’t tighten it very tight.
    - Paint peel off very easy, because it is fluid paint. Everybody else than HVA use powder coating.
    - Quality

Almost everybody know these. Many things are very easy to update so why Husqvarna doesn’t do that.

Things I like.
    - Better rear suspension
    - Better front brake
    - Motor with Keihin and rekluse
    - Bike and parts are cheaper.

TE/TC 250 is from other planet. It's very good bike. Best fourstroke 250 on trail. TC have very much better front fork. There was lot of quality proplem on 2010 model, but let's hope that 2011 doesn't have.

By the way. Electric starter on KTM is absolutely useless. It start always 1st kick.:thumbsup:
  17. ray_ray Mini-Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    There is a God ... I am in the process of re-purchasing my 02 CR250 ... I saw it posted on CL and after a year living here, a few things have opened up and I need a trail / true racer bike ...

Long term maintenance on the 02? Drip oil on the chain ...

Every time I read that 'too tall' remark I think of a young RC saying: I think I could be the 'GOAT' but my feet don't touch the ground mommy ... lol ... Man-up, learn to ride, and put a Husqvarna between UR legs till the day U die ....What a life!

PS -- Current word 4 the 300 is to set the squish on the head ... ~100$ and very noticeable change in engine performance ...
    That 300 just went 3rd place riding across the roof of Africa ...

Attached Files:

18. jjhawk Husqvarna
    A Class

When you ride motocross or enduro on easy place, it doesn't matter how tall bike is. When you ride place like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJhjvHv2tr8&feature=related it's really matter.

Offcourse if you pro rider like Eero Remes(about 165cm tall), you can ride everywhere you want.
  19. rockdancer Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 WR125, 2019 FE350
    ha ha good video and these are supposedly good riders
    looks like the hills I ride a lot and technique is everything too much gas can be an issue

I agree seat height can be an issue up rutted hills not an issue on motocross tracks
    Ray Ray older cr seat isnt as high as newer wr - wr 250 s are a big looking bike
  20. fire1998 Husqvarna
    AA Class

What are you guys talking about, too tall!! I added a Gut tall seat on my WR 300. It fits me perfect now.

Oh, I am 6' 4" and always struggled to get a KTM to fit me.