1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

2011 TE449 Running well with factory EFI system - finally

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by Dangermouse449, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

There is no other way the ecu can control idle, only by lifting the lower shaft with the cam & arm system fitted, so the answer is yes. It works.

Should you? That is for you to decide after checking the other options first.

If you want it to be reversible, remove the arm taking careful measurements of the set-screw & being REAL sure to support the primary throttle spring on it's shaft by

making a small bush up. If you love it, & you probably will, then make it permanent by removing the stud if you wish.
  2. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Other than me you mean? :D

No Zombies attacked me, the ground didn't open up & swallow my bike, the sun & moon still rise & set.......

So far, it just rides as I expected it should have all along. NO downside at all.
    9880sts likes this.
  3. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    cheers everyone - it was the air bypass screw too far out some 4 turns approx. so wound it back to the recommended 2 and a quarter - no more throttle hang. Glad I didn't have to remove the vacuum nipple - it is hard to get at.

The only thing this bike needs now is a wider ratio gearbox as it has tonnes of power to pull a much taller top gear.
    Anyone able to tell me what 4 teeth less on the back sprocket will reduce the revs by in top or how many KMs faster it will gain ? The manual says the standard SMR sprocket is 43 Teeth
    Dangermouse449 likes this.
  4. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Good to hear, ultimately, standard is best if it will work.
  5. Hughisdaft Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 449

Before I stumbled upon this thread I tryed and failed to bypas the fbw throttle and not give it any control by taking the motor/sensor of the fbw throttle and locking the butterfly into fully open position I am now faced with a fail reading on the dash and even when replacing the motor to the original position I get a tempromental fail on the dash every second start or so. From the way you speak of not being able to remove the fbw sensor motor im guessing you have tryed and failed like myself, If so how did you replace the idle sensor regulator corectly ?
    Raywoo likes this.
  6. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

Sorry dude, but I worked out that the ECU would 'go looking' for the motor & went straight for removing the butterfly plate.
    The motor has a second TPS watching & giving feedback to the ECU as a reference.
    Unfortunately, it is likely that the stepper motor has been damaged internally & not turning when asked. so not giving the required feedback signal, ecu will then put up 'fail'.:(
    I remember Tinken has also mentioned not to power up the electrics with the plugs disconnected as this can cause failures.
    Probably looking at new parts mate. A dealer test will tell for sure.

Not sure if when showing 'fail' it changes the running or 'de-powers' in some way, may just be showing that it has the fault (which you know about) so might be ok left unrepaired. You won't be able to tell if a new fault turns up that may be all.

Others here will know for sure.......Anyone???
  7. Hughisdaft Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 449
    I thought as much, damn I wish I read here first, I was to hellbent on finding a soloution that fixed both the butterfly and stopped the cam interfering with the throttle. The motor dosent seem to be dead dead, it still makes all of its normal buzzing a wurrring noizes when replaced giving me hope that I am just having an alingment issue with the sensor ?

thannks for your speedy response and help
  8. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Just removed my throttle plate....looks like next Thursday and my airfilter will get here so I can test her out.
    9880sts and danny318 like this.
  9. Whittaker Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12' TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    13' KTM 500 EXC
    I removed the #2 tps sensor during a pcv install and needed a dealer to set it with the husqvarna shop tool. I thought I put it back on perfectly too but it was off according to the HST. I was charged 30 minutes of labor.
  10. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    Electronics on all efi vehicles have feed-back systems to monitor what is happening.
    They are set-up by the maker & calibrated (sometimes poorly) to a set position so the efi system knows what is happening.
    Keep it in mind when working on the bikes, sometimes they don't get it right & moving them helps, but most times sensors are best left untouched.
  11. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

You might be lucky :)
    If it is still making noise, it might just need the tps reset.....happy days.
    (Fingers crossed):D
  12. Hughisdaft Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 SMR 449
    There seems to be no clear indicator of how to line it properly, And there are far to many variables regarding the position that the butterfly should be in when in its resting position not helped by the fact that where the butterfly shaft slots into the motor there are a number of different positions it can go, its all slightly too much for me and will be going to the dealer like yourself on wednesday.

Fingers crossed yes, I will try a tps reset later tonight, hopefully I dont screw it completly
    thanks for all the help and information the both of you I was sure as shit not going to find it anywhere else damn theese bikes and there lack of support
  13. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    Took the plate off and I can tell you this, for the first time ever, I can rev it up quickly more than twice in a row and it does not stall....

also no airbox with the factory velocity stack, it is so freaking responsive just in neutral I can tell this is the right direction! Before it would cough and die after 2-3 revs.
  14. Thrasher Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '13 511
    So is you're general impression that the removal of the TBW plate is a good idea?
  15. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125

That's what I found on my bike!! :applause:

An old habit of mine (I'm trying to stop) is to blip the throttle before cracking it open, this is when I was having my stalls....
  16. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    damn theese bikes and there lack of support[/quote]

but it will be worth it when you get it running perfectly - it has taken me 6 months plus many $$ and thanks to this forum and advice from knowledgeable contributors that the bike performs as it should.
    Thrasher likes this.
  17. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    So far it has cured one issue I had. Waiting on a new tool to rivet my chain so I can finish the bike... might try the c clamp and ball bearing idea....if I get in a hurry....
  18. nonferrous Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SMR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    RMZ450
    having said that my next dirt bike will definitely be Japanese - if I had the issues that my SMR has had as an off road bike I would have given up long ago. The RMZ was mint from day one - no modifications at all, tonnes of power and reliability. For Motards the choice is very limited if you are looking for a street legal light weight MX style bike. I don't see any manufactures releasing anything to match the now discontinued SMR Husky.
  19. Dangermouse449 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2009 CRF450R 2000 YZ125
    I came from a well sorted carby WR450. i didn't like the new WRs, they ride the same as the old one I had....
    I was actually very keen on an RMX450, but they aren't street legal in Australia.
    I bought the Husky & I must say I still love it, even with the fueling issues.
    The thing the Japs have over the Husky is that though they also use the Keihin efi system, it isn't locked up & you can make useful changes to the maps....... sigh!!
    The new KTM/Huskys ARE adjustable, Tinken mentioned ten different maps are selectable & I know the KTMs & Bergs have a 'User setting tool' available :applause:
  20. huskylove Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 cr125 in progress
    I paid 6500$ for my 2014 te511.

I did my research and knew off the bat that a powercommander and auto tune/slip on exhaust would be a necessity.
    I got the bike and the first ride was like "wtf is wrong with this thing" it was BAD. I had a Kawasaki klx250sf which made maybe 19hp for a round town bike a few years ago. The husky felt like that. It was sad. No wonder all the magazine reviews flame this bike and it got such a bad rap. It is BAD stock for stock.

With the removal of this throttle plate "sharpening" the response of the motor, mixed with the auto tune and open air filter, and advanced ignition zip ty map, this thing is going to be on par with any of the orange bikes!

Yes it took some work to get going proper but definitely worth it. I wish I could get a second one...They are that good!