1. Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Sweden - About 1988 and older

1981 430XC Street Legal Motard Conversion Project - Schimmelaw

Discussion in 'Vintage Restoration Projects' started by schimmelaw, Nov 3, 2009.

1. s10an Husqvarna
    AA Class

Now THATS a nice bike! Good job ;)
  2. madrob Husqvarna
    B Class

Dead sexy

Now that's a true hooligan bike!

Well done sir!
  3. wrx Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1973 to 1986 husky's various models
    Other Motorcycles:
    RM -250 / Buell / Penton 400 mc5
    bike came out really sweet, wheelies ,stoppies and traffic tickets are next. LOL .good luck with the local law enforcement.
  4. Murph Husqvarna
    AA Class

Great looking bike. Do you mind if I ask where you found the silencer?
  5. LEADVILLEHUSKY Husqvarna
    A Class

wow!cant wait to the finsh!
  6. Husq.fleet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Lay that dang gavel down Schimm. and give us a ride report.:excuseme:
  7. mike328 Husqvarna
    AA Class

WOW..... raise the 'Bar' (lol)...Stare Decisis !!

Nice work!
  8. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks boys.
    Haven't been out in the shop in the last couple of wkends. Recently appointed to a local judicial position which has been taking up alot of time. Feel really guilty about not being out there in the shop sorting out the last few issues. So close yet so far.

wrx,
    Hopefully, w/ my new status here in town, PD will give me a break if I ever get "caught in the act". Fingers crossed.

Murph,
    Silencer was on the scoot when I got it. Definitely not stock though. Not 100% sure of manufacture. Answer Products I think. Originaly had two tabs welded on it for the 79/80' model left number plate. Current state post cutting, grinding, ano and powder.

A couple more.

Attached Files:

Motosportz and yamada like this.
  9. Husky37 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 CR500, 85 CR500, 89 TE 610
    That looks so sweet... my hat off to you. An inspiration to us all..

Stu
  10. denny Husqvarna
    AA Class

I Want One !!!
  11. highdez1981430cr Husqvarna
    AA Class

What`s the verdict Judge?

Are going to see this 98% completed bike in the C.H. classifieds soon?:cheers:
  12. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Oh no! Not for sell ever. Too much fun, time & cash to think about selling. Will be brutalized here locally on the streets and parking lots. A local karter (friend & client) is also building a track just outside of town. Fun fun fun coming this spring/summer.
  13. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Due to some lower back issues (bulging disc at L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, a tear at L5 and onset of arthritis at L5-S1) I havn't done much in the last 8-9 months. Back has prohibited me from doing any squating, prolonged sitting, or crouching and that is exactly what I need to do to finish up the scoot. Timing issuses (I think) have kept the bike from starting up. Way too painful to be out in the shop squating/crouch/"f"ing around w/ the stator right now.

BUT, have been able to address some tank wear issues. Could get to it and work on it from a standing position. Overall, tank is in pretty decent condition for a 30 year old part. No big dents (just one little "door ding" in the polished section on one side) and the stock paint is an "8 out of 10". Only real negatives were flaking of the clear coat over the polished section and some pinstripe wear. Pulled tank, chemicaly removed the flaking/wearing "clearcoat", retaped the pinstriping and shot both sides with some rattlecan white. Sealed it all up w/ some tank protectors from Hwy and topped it off w/ an Ebay score "Made in Sweden" sticky. Its cool and I'm happy.

Now if my frigging back would let up and the weather would come down from 104 to 107 degrees evey day, I just might be able to gethis thing on the streets.

Attached Files:

tikitweaker, jimspac and White Husky like this.
  14. IGetWet Husqvarna
    AA Class

Dang I hope you get that thing goin soon. You've put so much A+ work into that thing! I just drop by from time to time to see how it's goin. So you have an idea of why she's not firing?
  15. TAFFYMOTO Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm450RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf 450,ktm 450,tm 450 crf 250x
    Absolutely love this build,has given me inspiration for my new project bike,well done Shimmelaw :notworthy:
  16. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks Taffy. Still messing around w/ it and I still get enjoyment from it. Rick
  17. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
  18. TAFFYMOTO Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    sm450RR
    Other Motorcycles:
    crf 450,ktm 450,tm 450 crf 250x
    that's great news rick,quick question,a 4.25 rear rim is as big as you can go with the standard swingarm yes?
  19. schimmelaw Husqvarna
    AA Class

Taffy,
    Its not the swingarm that's the limiting factor, its the lower inside edge of the chain guide. Its REAL REAL close to contacting the rim. About a fat 1/8" clearance. Hope this helps. Rick 006.JPG
  20. oneal Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    1999 wr 250 returned home.
    Other Motorcycles:
    07 TE 450 2005 TE 450 1999 CR 125
    Rick really awesome build, my hat is off to you sir.