12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Also, you can now tune your powercommander with your Android cell phone/tablet in real time. So if you're out on the trail and you need some more/less fuel or accel pump settings, etc, etc, you can adjust it right there...
    Fooschnickenz likes this.
  2. Fooschnickenz Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    None
    Glangston I've seen a lot of your older posts seems u had the same exact issues I'm having with the 2700-3000 rpm cut out. What did u ever end up doing? Ever solve this terrible puzzle?
  3. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    The '12 TE310 has the TXC ECU and 12 hole injector. No stumble anymore, it runs perfect. George (Uptite) installed and tuned and to quote him, "it rips"

Honestly don't ride it much as the Beta is more fun.
    robertaccio and Fooschnickenz like this.
  4. tbailey Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2008 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda, Yamaha, KTM, BMW,
    Just got my 09 TE 250 sorted, had bought the 12 hole and then added the JD Tuner. Don't do that. The 12 hole puts out a lot of more fuel, the JD Tuner won't even go low enough to run it. The bike will run but as I was tinkering with the JD Tuner I happen to notice flame coming out of the exhaust. It got so hot so fast that inside the end of the muffler it glowed red hot and before I could get it cooled off it caught the blinker on fire and melted it. Luckily there was a hose close by and I was able to cool it off but that blinker was fried. After that, and glad nobody was watching, figured out the problem and put the yellow injector back in and the JD Tuner settings as suggested, runs great. Pretty happy with it, at sea level and 90+ degrees with 94% humidity. I had run it without the Tuner for a little while with the 12 hole in but I think the Tuner made the real difference since it is fine with the yellow 4 hole. Anybody need a green 12 hole?
    bigjon likes this.
  5. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Didn't think the 12pt was for an 09
  6. Meat hound Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    1984 Honda XR 250R
    Where did you find it? I am just outside Edmonton. Installed a JD tuner and 12 hole injector. Still runs like crap. Echo cycle said they can check my fuel pressure before I go and get a CA Cycleworks fuel pump.
  7. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    I have a 2010 TE 250. I have the low rpm stumble (particularly when I chop the the throttle a couple of times, then get back on the throttle. The power-up kit was installed by the previous owner. I have a JD tuner on it. I've adjusted the TPS with the ibeat software. Nothing seems to fix it. Re the 12 hole injector - it seems I've read that you can just put the 12 hole injector in with the JD tuner and it works, and some (like 3 posts above) say that it doesn't run (although 3 posts above - running hot is usually a lean condition, not a rich condition, in my experience. although the flames out the back sounds more like a rich condition). I'd like to try the 12 hole injector since it seems it might help fix the problem, but don't want to be wasting my money. Any input and experience with this setup is helpful. Thanks.

Also, side note, when riding in a lot of deep puddles, the situation will get much worse, like an electrical connection is getting swamped and wet. After time without a lot of water, it seems to dry out and starts behaving better. I've put dielectric grease on the O2 plug connection and the TPS connection to no avail. My next though is dielectric grease on the injector connection - any other connectors to check?
  8. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    If you have iBeat I would suggest you bin the JD piggy back tuner and tune it the best you can with iBeat. That is what I have picked up over the years on CH.
    Alexander likes this.
  9. Silas Ness Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2011 Suzuki DRZ 400

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same bike, and the same problem. I had a Power Commander V installed and tuned, new FMF pipe, both of which helped, but it still stumbles at low RPM. Thanks.
  10. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    you guys should baseline the entire system. before chasing or adding new stuff. all electrical connections clean, all filters clean, good fuel, good fuel pump, all fittings secure,
    Yes use the newer model 2012 12 port injector it works really good, but if throw one in and crap is still in the system that one can clog too.. The thing sounds like dirty/clogged/partially clogged/bad spray pattern injector. But really I would dial in the entire FI system, your bike is now 7 years old..
    Silas Ness likes this.
  11. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    People got the same stumbling problem all over the world and on relatively unused bikes. Only because the "entire system baseline" on TE310 is not a baseline but an engineering crap and runs too lean. Just look on the factory design, wires all over the place, taking fuel tank on and off is a miserable experience... nobody thought of the maintenance during development, they just put some extra stuff on the old machine.

If the injector would be clogged there would be also problems on high RPMs where the fuel flow is really important. I believe the issue is simple: bike runs quite lean <4000 rpm, then you twist the throttle hard. The butterfly opens however the injector does not supply extra fuel that quick (no accel pump, obviously). Mixture instantly becomes lean, POP, stall.

Most of the people tend to think that "every company makes a good product and it works well". It is not true, especially in this case. What to expect from the Italian bike from the deceased company, if the "baseline" fuel pump lasts only 600kms??? :banghead: All these things and quality issues did contribute to Red Husky demise. ...and then people believe another advertisement and put a Power Commander on top, but it is basically a toy that only tries to fool the (initially incorrect) ECU. Same thing with the green injector - it is the same as drilling the yellow one: the ECU is not adjusted to it.

At this moment, the only feasable way is to try iBeat and set up the TPS/idle/CO values. Investing into Commanders, injectors and TXC ECU (unless you get it really cheap) is a dead end, as it's easier to buy another bike. And whatever you buy, it will be made better...
    robertaccio likes this.
  12. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ref US model 2011 TE310.
    Got your point about the design and implementation of the system. My point was to get yourselves started with the machine in full hour zero configuration or as close as you can get, everything clean like from the OEM.
    This is from my experience help info for all of you guys chasing the blackhead (pre red head) FI around. from my 1 experience out of how ever many of these were built.
    I got my 2011 TE310 from a guy named LR it was a 100% OEM stock demo in the FI dept with the exhaust in non S/A insert (loud and open) condition. The bike ran very very "sharp" (read lean) but Larry had even raced it a few times and had a few trail rides on it like that, but again that's not fiddling around off idle that's on the gas hard (even as a "retired" pro), me riding, easy trail riding it did not feel right, it was very touchy and my word for lean "sharp", even the engine sound was edgy.
    So I "baselined" the system for a solid start point, what I did was pull the fuel pump and be sure the system was clean and secure the pump into its mount (that was a crap clip mount) added fuel proof zip ties around the assembly. Cleaned all the connectors etc.
    Then I installed the factory catalog "Race Kit" which is simply the 2012 12 port injector (from TXC310) and the TXC310 (2012) ECU (non "DOT smog" compliant).
    I also decided to reinstall the OEM Arrow (US model) Spark arrestor/dB reducer into the muffler. The bike instantly got quieter of course....but what it did was match up well as far as a tuned matched system is/was concerned.
    PS my muffler was a 2010 TC250 Ti muffler (shorter than the stock TE) it slipped onto the header perfectly and I lost like 4 point something pounds with it (big difference in handling, losing that weight high and aft) along with LiPo battery (big difference in handling losing weight high and mid)
    The bike sounded more rumbly like lower freq sound and was instantly way more smooth and pulled better from lower RPM. I never touched the bike's FI system again after that, and I rode and raced the crap out it in that configuration. .
    Fact is the smaller exhaust outlet probably stifled the overall top end HP but it doesn't matter the bike ran perfect and was always a very competitive machine, smooth and with very nice torque for such a small little machine.
    So my tuning point being made
    all other things good/checked off. (fuel. filters clean, pump good and secured, etc etc )
    12 port injector (2012 model)
    TXC310 ECU (2012 model)
    USA Spark arrestor / dB end cap
    EUROJulian likes this.
  13. Aaron8 Husqvarna
    AA Class

My experience echos Robertaccio's.

Stock (EPA/CARB) setup was a mess. Could barely ride it home from the dealer.

Then I (1)removed smog stuff incl. cat. (2) removed snorkel, LAMBDA sensor and throttle stop (3) set butterfly, TPS and set all CO to 0 and (4) installed the TXC ECU and 12 point injector.

Now I honestly can't imagine the bike being any better. Clean, ultra smooth with NO flat spots and snappy from 0 to 10,00 RPM with instant throttle response.
    robertaccio likes this.
  14. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    add to mine all the "extra" stuff was off it, it was in full race config. but the 2 game winners were the TXC310 ECU and 12 port injector kit and the full boat/all the stuff Race Tech suspension tuned by Race Tech Technician Mike Crow
  15. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Tell us how you really feel lol... Fuel tank is easy to remove, yer just doing it wrong. I do not know who makes fuel pump that was sourced by bike manufacturer but NOT them for sure. Just look at Samsung batteries debacle to understand issues OEM faces due to suppliers. Easy to defend drivability issues, this is where engineer meets state regulator. Germans had ready answer and install cheating software to provide excellent drivability and keep regulator happy... Not for long though. Poor Italans tried to comply, we are getting dirty end of the stick as result... But there is fix, right? I do not see OEM TXC ECUs available , will try Leo Vance ecu first and if no help then look at GET ECU. Not much info about GETs here , do they work as well as TXC ECU?
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    you guys really have it tough now. this is a non current, out of date, out of production, out of business, model. dumping personal R&D money into it is really and sorrowfully a cause that's kind of lost.....I know its what you have and love. but chasing all these items for a 6 year old racing machine, tough. Best of luck.
    Alexander and MotoXImage like this.
  17. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    6 years?, you are kidding right? :-D How it was any different before this fast and furious made wrenching and tunning popular and big bussines?
    My other bike I am bringing back curently is a trusty Kawasaki at tender age of 17 years and one I just did recently is 10. Fun, fun, fun... If it was easy women and children... beeep...
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    its easier for me to get parts for my 1980 XR80 Honda than for a 2011 TE310......... my point was KHI has been in biz since before WW2 and they sold a hell of a lot more KXs than Husky ever sold TE/TXC/TC models , so parts are everywhere, Italian Husky lasted from 87 to 2013 and was erased by KTM from the map basically that was my point those models are a dead family line/tree, even SWM uses the older big block Macchi design engines (X-lites are off the map as for now). Ebay will be your friend along with the guys like CH racing if Azza makes his xlite racing stuff available and some of the aftermarket/OEM supplier companies like GET and LeoV as was mentioned as long as they have stuff on the shelf from that time period.
    This is not argumentative about the machine you love, its biz and engineering sense, that line is essentially a dead branch of the tree and its a small branch not a high volume item. That's all for me on this subject, I posted my stuff on the bike , its a wasted time to go into feeling about it. I'll leave the tech data to assist in the tuning cause.
    This was my Blackhead just before sale (most of my race bling graphics were off)
    IMG_0714_zpsfd580775.jpg
    Alexander and MotoXImage like this.
  19. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Nah, no arguments. Perhaps just different prospective. So far I was fortunate and able to source all needed parts easly and cheaply. Heck Leo Vince big box was just delivered to my door today with bunch of goodies in it including ,TXC ECU. All for whopping three hundred bucks. Trash of dead tree for one, treasure for another. Wink wink... Did I tell you that my first bike was a Jawa? Wonder how dead they are now...
    [IMG]
    MotoXImage and robertaccio like this.
  20. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    Congrats on finding the TXC ECU. As of a year ago I gave up the search and went for the Powercommander which ended up getting banned in Caliloonia.
    Alexander and robertaccio like this.