12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    New special parts upgrade released by the factory for 2010/2011 TE250 and TE310 which according to the information provided will improve the power of the engine at low and medium speeds and ensure a significant increase in performance and handling in all driving conditions.

The kit consists of a new injector with 12 holes (I guess for better fuel atomisation) along with a remapped ECU to match and if needed the Leo Vince Ti exhaust system.

Parts Information:

[IMG]

We haven't tested it ourselves yet but I'm told it is a dramatic improvement in terms of bottom end and mid range power and is being used on Meos 310 amongst others.

Dave
    MotoXImage, robertaccio and pvduke like this.
  2. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    I guess I never looked, but what is the stock injector? For some reason I just assumed they were all 12 hole, but I guess not? Any idea on the price? I'm sure there are more than a few willing to upgrade if the price is reasonable.
  3. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Not sure what stock injector is actually... Will check tomorrow unless someone beats me to it on here!

For pricing for you maybe one of the US dealers can advise US pricing?
  4. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    UK Pricing:

Injector & ECU: £243.63
    Inj, ECU & Silencer: £744.68
    Inj, ECU & full system: £855.00

All prices excluding VAT.

Dave
    Borntoride71 likes this.
  5. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Std injector is 6 hole (thanks to Mick from MPS checking this for me tonight whilst in Finland at ISDE!)

Dave
  6. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

GOOD one husky...thay want you to buy a injector+ecu to fix the performance problems thay have found with the 2010/11 te 250/310 has so thay sell you a bike that is not 100% in the EFI and now thay say we have a fix but it will cost....bad bad bad husky
    bud7041 and 510 SM SC like this.
  7. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    I'd suggest it's more like that the opportunity is there for owners to benefit from the additional development being carried out as part of the racing program. Development on production bikes by their very nature of being volume production has to stop at a certain point so that production can begin. If the factory has found after production spec has been finalised that the bike can be improved, why not offer it to existing owners?

This is an upgrade to the standard production parts, in the same manner as fitting a race exhaust system, it's not a 'problem fix'.

Dave
  8. husky bom Husqvarna
    A Class

arrr i get it you have the opportunity to get you bike to were it should be ie..injector ecu only
  9. DG Harv Serv Husqvarna
    AA Class

I think you need the Leo Vince Pipe already to fit just the injector and ECU ?

To be honest the cost of the "new" kit (Injector, ECU & Silencer) @ £744 is almost the same as the "old" kit of Silencer & ECU . Therefore on a positive note you are getting the Injector almost for nothing !

The kit of Injector & ECU is to update those of us who already have bought the "old" kit ?
  10. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310 . . . . 2003 TE610e
    Try clutching a '11 TE310 (w/ PU kit installed) up a ramp into the truck under power. Only bike I've ever owned that you cannot do that with. It'll stall. Several times.
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Hopefully all the '12's will come with the 12 hole injector. Thanks for the info HVUK! :thumbsup:
  12. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    They won't. It requires the race exhaust and ECU, which isn't street legal.

It'd be nice if they could use the 12 hole with the stock exhaust and ecu and work on properly mapping the system so that it works smoothly, but I don't see that happening...
  13. XLEnduroMan Heroes Ride Huskys. The others follow.

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    '18 Husqvarna 701 Enduro.
    Other Motorcycles:
    '20 Ducati Hypermotard 950.
    For 2012, is it just the TC 250 that will get the revised x-lite motor? The chart above shows kit/part numbers for the 2012 TE 250/310. That makes me think the '12 wont have the 12 hole injector stock?
  14. ioneater Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2010 TXC 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    08 Sprint
    Never. Not worth the risk for me vs. just pushing with a buddy if need be unless it's like a U-haul van style ramp.
  15. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yes it is a" problem fix" I hope???

This is great news to me, and makes me happy Husky figured out the problem. My 11 Te 250 runs great,
    but not 100%. This is the first FI bike I have owned and have the Full Leo kit $, Power commander $ and Auto-Tune (to create my own map) $. Not into running a 250 on a Dyno, that is not a race bike.

12 vs 6 for better atomizing at low RPM makes sense to me. I love
    the bike and brand...

If this will make my bike run 100% I will buy it.

Anyone looking for a Power Commander V and Auto-tune, I think I may have that for sale...
  16. apothcariesweight Husqvarna
    AA Class

Was quoted by my dealer $600 CAN for injector and CDI . They can not be seperated apparently, almost $2000 for full leo system with new injector and CDI :eek:!! Ouch..
  17. 510 SM SC Husqvarna
    AA Class

Yup, I have a $ 10,000 250 that almost runs perfect. Before some one figured this out...
    Bummer it took so long. I think enough of us made it clear that there was a PROBLEM !!!

Developmental Bikes are they worth it, HELL YA !!!

Has anyone tried to order the ridding gear from the "Ride More" news letter ??? Cart before
    the horse. Marketing is not like it use to be, Thoughts like "Lets put it out there" before
    we make it reality.....
  18. mnb Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    What risk? I didn't say FLY it up the ramp. Clutch it up the ramp, very slowly. Or as I do it now, in 12" spurts while I do the zombie walk up another ramp next to it due to my tendonitis. Can't do this with the 310. It lacks the ability to finesse the clutch and still deliver just a little power without stalling. You have to deliver way too much power. Try it with a 610... up the ramp you go, nice and slow, no problem.
  19. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    Yes, this is correct - the ECU is mapped to suit new injector and Leo pipes, not the standard system.

Dave
    Abomb likes this.
  20. Ex HVUK Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    None
    TC250 2012 gets the new head and Keihin fuel injection, TE250/310 retains the same set up as 2011 except new exhaust system. I think the TXC250/310 may get the 12 hole injector set up as standard but not 100% sure as we don't normally get those bikes in the UK.

Dave
    ray_ray likes this.