12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Well this is not The ECU that works with 12 point kit , it is an earlier one that works with LeoVince kit. Word is It does the job of improving drivability of TE. Tomorrow I will know...
    robertaccio likes this.
  2. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    FYI 2012 TXC310 OEM P/Ns you are looking for ECU 8000 H7424 Injector 8000 7542 these are the 2 items that came in the OEM race parts catalog to put the TE310 into race config.
  3. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I test drove Leo Vince setup and it is promising even with not reset TPS and not adjusted idle. I think I am going to be happy with it.
  4. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11

I am not talking about driveability issues in a "public road" mode. There should be no issues in a Racing Mode, but they do exist and they are the same. Lots of other EFIs bikes here, in a race mode, no issues.

The manufacturer should look and test the parts he is getting. It is the manufacturer responsible to the end-user, not the suppliers. Don't shift the responsibility somewhere else.

I got an old CRF 250R as well and the ease of maintenance and a build quality is uncomparable. Even if you know some "take-the-gas-tank-off" trick, Husky looks like something made/designed at night with the eyes shut.

Sorry, man, up to me what you wrote here absolutely does not make any sense. Good luck with the ECU, anyways.

I'm going to play with TPS voltage, maybe make it higher, if it richens the mixture on the idle. Would have a smoother idle to run transition then... other than that it runs fine with my settings on TE ECU.
    Trenchcoat85 and MotoXImage like this.
  5. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    As they say, you can lead horse to the water but you can't make him drink, so lets leave your sense comment at that.
    I do not dispute where ultimate responsibility lay for the product in relation to customers. I just give you examples how it actually works in real life and for companies that have bigger budget that majority of sovereign countries on this Earth.
    I do not know what race mode you speak off, TE doesn't have any?
    I do not have special tricks for tank removal just un-common sense from years of experience working on Japanese fuel systems. Disconnect high pressure hose at TB side, not at tank side. I can remove TE tank safely below 1 minute. Doesn't get easier than that.... Lastly I am not blind and I do see shortcominggs, I just spent Sunday rerouting and hardening wire harness and I am not even done yet. Was it fun or what ;-)
  6. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    The tank removal is hampered by a difficult fuel line "quick" disconnect coupled with to short of electrical wire to the tank and an open fuel line that requires draining the gas before removal. Bottom line is the tank removal could have been made much easier with just a few more dollars.
    Alexander likes this.
  7. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    No money needed, just proper process. See my post above.

My posts waits for approval, this makes chronological discussion supef awkward....
  8. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    PS remove the hose from the throttle body, leave it hanging from the tank its easier, using a shop modified long nosed needle nose plier to squeeze the lock tabs, then lift tank and disconnect the fuel pump connector and if you can still get a metal QD (quick disconnect fitting) for the tank side get one (ZipTy Racing was making them), also the ZipTy racing tank spacers are sometimes a good thing to add to prevent the left side from chafing near the fuel tap.
    MotoXImage and Alexander like this.
  9. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    Awkward to have conversation like that with Marsian delay that I have to endure, But yes, as I was saying remove from the TB side.
    Glad to see un-common mechanical knack is alive here Robert... ;-]
    robertaccio likes this.
  10. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    We are the customers, not the companies. The Italian attidude has decided the fate of Husky long time ago. That is a real life, the survival of fittest.

Just like the others I don't even try to remove the high pressure hose from the tank. Even simple maintenance on this bike is not fun at all. I'm not mentioning fixing factory issues... Maybe its fun to spend some days in garage, but I'd rather spend this extra time on riding or family.

TE has 2 racing modes from the factory, I didn't even think someone runs it in road mode. Activation is simple. Lambda is removed/replaced with special factory resistor plug, air filter cage is replaced with TXC one, exhaust insert is changed to a less restrictive one, cat is removed from the exhaust (if it was there), rear sprocket is replaced with 50T. The dashboard displays "Race Map I" or II, there is a blue switch to change the maps. I might be missing some details (as I got a bike with this kit), please add up if needed.

Having only Leo Vince and TXC ECU might not be enough for a "race mode" as you can see from above. At least an unrestrictive air filter cage is required (the restrictive one you recognize easily). I would replace Lambda with the plugs as well.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  11. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    I get it now, we need to start managing expectations of our American brothers. There are things OBVIOUS for every Euro person. Buying Italian technology comes with certain well known aspects, they will make you ride with style and great performance, reliability and general analnes will be lacking. They do not care. Ugly and anal nishe is occupied by germania and rest of Barbarians.
    I understand beyond eating provolone and drinking Ital wine this is your first exposure to their technology, right?

Now this tank issue, if you know how to do it why bitc_hing then when you know it's easy?
    Lastly you helped me understand what this full power kit that I have does. It is for RACING. Dang that is why they do not care what is below 3 k RPM. While racing yer don't even supposed to be there but WOT.
    Questions to the wise, why yer install racing kit if yer not racing ? Second if yer actually racing why yer go slow? ;-)
  12. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    The kit is called the power up kit, not racing. Its purpose is to leave the bike California EPA legal when on the street and allow it to meet the less EPA restrictive when riding off road. The dual map switch allows for traction tuning.
  13. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    Don't want to disappoint you, mate, but I live within 6 hours drive from Varese. I prefer Mozzarella di Bufala to Porvolone, I love Prosciutto Crudo, but not the wines. And I ride Husky(s) around 5 years, Italian Alps included. Still found no reasons to be teached by some teenage-like person, no reasons to stop complaining and no reasons to ignore the obvious crap. Maybe would be OK, if I had no other bikes to compare with. But I do.

Extreme Enduro racing (Erzberg, Romaniacs - if these names tell you something) is very much like Trial in some places. Driving through huge rocks and wood chunks requires precise throttle and clutch control on low RPMs. It doesn't help if you simply twist the throttle off the idle (to lift the front, to drive uphill when there is no place to gain speed, whatever) and the bike stalls.

In Western Europe street legal enduro bikes, like TE, are sold fully restricted with ~15 Hp stock as new. This has to be done to get a Certificate Of Conformity (=street legal), to make sure the model fits EURO2/2017+ EURO3 regulations. The Power Up kit makes it 40+ Hp, however you loose most of the warranty and it is not street legal anymore (in most of the civilized parts of EU, so you will fail the Technical Inspection and could have a nice experience with police taking your bike).

Simply saying, EU Husky without the Power Kit is like a grandpa's moped, just a bit faster then bicycle. Good only for teenagers to get to school and back.

It's also funny that you play a knowlegable person without even bothering to read the manual. It has some clues to help you with this question. I guess you belong to some other part of Europe (where more bikes are stolen then sold?), or you know nothing about bikes, otherwise you would know these OBVIOUS things.
    MotoXImage and Trenchcoat85 like this.
  14. EUROJulian Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
    No, bud I do not live in Italy.... nuff said, I am out of this rout ;-]
  15. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    uh oh the café is turning into T Talk.......where slagging is the norm. more keyboard arguing less riding and performance. back on track fellas and get out and ride.
  16. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    hint for the locals....fact-- CH Racing still has a boatload of "Red" Husky stuff from the factory racing effort, you just need to somehow get Azza on board to sell it to you.
  17. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    No, never did. I just live with it for now.
  18. Redgil92 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 KLX330s
    First Time posting so bear with me. Just read through all the pages on here and I feel confident enough to finally make a move. I have a 2012 TE310 that I just got used with about 1500 on the odo from a dealer in north jersey. Ran a race in PA last week and I couldn't believe how sore my clutch hand was, yet i have the hydro clutch. I wanted my GoPro footage with my buddy (WR300) and he couldn't believe how many times I stalled or had to ride the clutch. So today I'm going to give my dealer a call and See if they have they 12Pt injector(They stock kawi parts so I'm going with that one) and the MY12 TXC310 ECU. I saw someone had an ECU for sale on here a couple pages ago so I may try to DM him.
    MotoXImage likes this.
  19. MotoXImage Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2017 FE 350
    Other Motorcycles:
    2000 XR 400
    If you can't find that ECU the power commander 5 which controls the ignition and fuel will work perfectly with the 12pt. Whats your gearing?
  20. Redgil92 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 KLX330s
    Gearing is what the power up kit comes with. I believe 13 up front and I know its 50 in the back. I was hoping the JD tuner would help as well