12 Hole Injector Upgrade For Te250 / Te310

Discussion in 'EFI/carb' started by Ex HVUK, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Redgil92 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 KLX330s
    Do you still have the ECU R_Little?! and Where in jersey, i'm up in Warren County.
  2. Alexander Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE310'11
    I am almost fine with setting CO at low RPMs to 115 (stock ECU, injector). Sometimes the bike can pop and stall, but this is quite rare. It pulls OK into the uphills, etc. EU Spec, Full PWR, +18Cel, 480 meters, 98 RON.

However we still got the TPS setting (mV) and the Air Bypass Screw (Idle RPMs). I know that changing TPS setting can make the mixture on idle leaner or richer.
    The idea is the same as with carbs:
    • Warm up the engine
    • Gradually change (increase OR decrease, try both) the TPS mV until idle RPM is at the peak
    • Lower the idle RPMs with the Air Bypass screw until it matches the factory ones
    • Theoretically, you get the best possible mixture on Idle in this case
    I suppose this could fix the issues completely. But I don't have the time to do it as the bike is rideable as it is. The idea is the same as behind idle adjustments on carb/FCR.
    Would welcome your opinion(s)...
  3. Redgil92 Husqvarna

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2006 KLX330s
    I know the well known way of fixing the problem is installing the TXC ECU as well as the injector from the ECU. Kawasaki makes the same injector and only costs $70 so many people use that instead. The hardest part is finding the TXC ECU since they don't make them anymore. Anyone know how to Personal Message? R_Little said he has an ECU and lives in north jersey like me!
    MotoXImage likes this.
  4. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    I have a 2010 TE250, powered up, JD Jetting Tuner. I have iBeat and have reset the TPS. I have the low-rpm bog problem, like others. I'm not able to 'tune it out' with the JD. I just put in the 12-port kawi injector. Bike runs - about the same as it did before, but still have that low-end bog.

I've read that the 'fix' is the 12-port injector AND the TXC ECU. The part # being passed around is 8000H7424, but it's listed as "FLASHED ECU TXC 310 USA MY 12". Will this work on my 2010 TE250, with the 12 port injector? The dealer said he can get it in about 3 weeks and price is $430 Canadian - so cheaper than a PowerCommander V, and way cheaper than the PCV + Autotune.

I don't mind spending the money if it WILL fix the problem. I've read that the TPS adjustment is 'the fix', I've read JD tuner settings are 'the fix' (although different people with different settings that were 'the fix' for them). I've read that the 12 port injector is 'the fix'. I've read that the TXC ECU with the 12 port injector is 'the fix', I've read that PCV with 12 port injector is the fix. I'd rather have a simplified solution (like the upgraded ECU) than the PCV with all the extra wiring and plug-ins. Problem is, if the ECU doesn't work, I'm out $430. If, however, I bought the PCV, then it will at least give me more finite control over the tune (than the JD tuner), and might be able to fix or at least mostly fix the problem.
  5. John R Percoski Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 BMW F650GS & 1983 R 80 G/S

The 12 port injector and the TXC ECU fixed mine with doing nothing else. It was like a whole new bike.
  6. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    FYI the injectors are Keihin FI parts for the later model red heads, and are Mikuni FI components for the black head models.
  7. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    Thanks, that's what I needed to hear. It's listed as a 310 part, but wasn't sure it would work properly on the 250 - might over fuel it a little?

Did you have that low-rpm bog on your 250 as well? That's the big problem on mine - 2500-2900RPM is just horrible.

Also, do you recall the specific part #'s you used on your bike? I don't want to spend $430 and get the wrong part. I used the 49033-0011 Kawasaki 12 port injector - read that it's the same as the husky injector, but cheaper. So, I'm curious if the ECU you used was part # 8000H7424?

Thanks.
  8. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    According to the parts manual (http://docs.wavenetworks.us/parts//2012 TC-TE-TXC 250-310.pdf) Part 8000H7424 is the part # for the TXC310 ECU - my local dealer says they are still available from Italy and would take about 3 weeks to get one in, at a cost of $430 Canadian. I'm waiting to hear back from him on part #8000 H0711 which is the TXC250 ECU.
  9. John R Percoski Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 TE 250
    Other Motorcycles:
    2010 BMW F650GS & 1983 R 80 G/S
    When I first got the bike it was just about un-rideable in tight single track. The low end bog is gone now. It's still not a trials bike but there was a tremendous difference. I don't know if it uses more gas or not but don't really care. Iused whatever the stock parts were at the time for the TXC
  10. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    This is anecdotal and does not reference your year bike but.

George put an Athena kit on my 2008 TE250, boosting it to almost 300 cc. The ECU was able to adjust fueling for the extra cc's but the FB #'s were high like 127, 118, 112 or so.
  11. rgmr250 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Concours 10, KLR650
    Still interested in hearing of any others who have put this ECU (8000H7424) on their TE250 with success. Really interested if anybody is able to confirm that they used this specific part number. thanks.
  12. MFGamesta Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    S1000R, Beta 500 RR-S

How much mileage are you getting out of that? I'm in the mid 20's. (MPG)
  13. glangston Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2012 Husqvarna TE 310
    Other Motorcycles:
    2012 BETA 350 RS
    Sold the bike n 2012 but I think it was over that...mid 30's. Trail riding mostly.
  14. ex-xt Husqvarna
    A Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    a clone mixed italian/swedish
    Other Motorcycles:
    SWM 300 , RE himalayan 410
    Hi guys
    My new bike is a clone of the TE 09' or 10 ' 510 and my goal is to buy an injector as a spare for a big ride across Spain and Morocco.
    So maybe get a 12 lines plus a ecu plus a EFI could be a good idea ... ( but possibly these spares had been modified on the keen SWM )
    For the moment i have enough power
  15. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    Hi all, I'm about to buy a PC5 and 12 hole injector for my 2011 te310. I have searched the net including Dynojets web site looking for a base map to load in the power commander and found nothing. Any tips on were to look or does someone have a map they could share.

Thankyou Evan
  16. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    I would ask Zip Ty racing. If I remember right they sold them pre loaded with maps and they have a forum discount
  17. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    If I install a power commander with no map and everything set to zeros, in theory it should feel exactly the same as it is changing nothing?
  18. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Yes. The software is for a pc and easy to use. The changes you make are percentages in each cell, +or-. Only possible variation may be the AF Ratio it is set to, which you can change and the TPS setting.
  19. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    Cool, thanks
  20. evanandlee Husqvarna
    B Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 te310
    Hi all, while I'm waiting for my 12 hole Kawasaki injector to arrive I installed the PC5 and using the original 4 hole injector I downloaded a map from te Dynojet website that est matched my bike and WOW what a difference. The mid range power just come to live, the bottom end is a little better and the top end just screams... can't wait for the new injector and I guess I better invest in a dynojet autotune next. Better start saving... lol I haven't had any luck finding any maps for the 12 hole injector either... even more reason the get the Autotune
    Johnrg likes this.