1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 cr/wr 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surfer1100, Jan 19, 2009.

1. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    I did another heat cycle earlier today and then this afternoon rode the bike around my friend's small practice track. I was just putting around at different throttle openings up to mid throttle for break in. The bike had baseline carb mods with Factory supplied kit outlined earlier in this thread, plus a Power Now carb divider. It was 25F today at 800', a little cold to try to find baseline jetting. The bike pulled very well from idle when warmed up. At slower than walking speed you can just open throttle and it goes, no clutching needed. There seems to be a spot between low and mid that's lacking, but I'll want to get it fully broken in before I play with that. Another putt-putt ride and then I'll be ready to wring it's little neck. Suspension seems usual Husky stiff, but will break in I'm sure. Bike has a nice light feel to it, very light and nimble. I rode my friend's '08 KTM 200 XC-W right after my WR125. Very powerful, but doesn't feel like a 125 on steroids, feels like a 250. I'll report back soon.
  2. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    FWIW, I noticed a similar "lag" spot between low and mid in my '09 CR 125. It's getting better as it breaks in but is still noticeable. I'm thinking a jetting tweak may wipe it out but I'm waiting till it's warmer out to do any jetting mods.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    On spark arrestor..... I asked Fran Bottone to inquire at Husky if there is a WR spark silencer availible. I'm doubting it, as the WR125 is probably officially considered a ''closed course" bike now. The WR250-300 gets one because old frame still uses old silencer. Pro Moto Billet makes sparkys for Japanese 2 strokes. I wonder if any of these would fit the WR125 silencer?
  4. Joe Chod Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I don;t know about the 09 size but this option works on the 02 to 08 CR125's, the older KTM utilized an answer mfg. oval slip on dlot on SA. It was the KTM years before the "dogleg" style silencer SA of KTM usage. I have one at the house norm and you can see if it fits. BTW it is stamped Forestry approved and even comes with a little verification card to be carried in fanny pack for inspection purposes.

Joe
  5. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Spent the morning taking things apart greasing everything I could and putting them back together again.
    Found a pinched seal in the back linkage, and not much grease back there either.
    Like Norm said there is only a 1/16"-1/8" between the expansion chamber and the bottom right rad hose. I cut about 3/16" off the end of the lower rad hose and pushed it on further, plus I added two flat washer behind the rubber grommet on the rear bolt of the right rad. There is now a good 1/4" space between the EC and rad.:thumbsup:
    I think I can live with that.
    Did all the carb mods...I hope... time will tell. Metering pin/Jet needle
    that came stock was a 6BFY43-74. I replaced it with the one that came with the CR package. I believe it read 6BFY15-74 (Hope that's right Norm, numbers are pretty small for my eyes:eek:)
    That number does not match what is in the Owners manual for the CR.
    Can anyone else verify that number please. Here's a couple of pics.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  6. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

You know,,,,I'm wondering if we could tell Husky to send the bikes only about 50% put together(like the motor in the frame and all the wiring routed and hooked up) and let us do the rest. Most of us (I think) end up taking the bike back apart to grease the bearings anyways.:excuseme: Just a thought...
  7. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    On a closed course only 2st? :excuseme:
  8. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

I always pay the dealer to tear down the bike and regrease everything,its worth the price to for me to be able to ride it when i take delivery instead of tearing it apart in my basement for a week,you never know what the factory is going to put in there for grease
  9. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    :lol::lol: Ya That's the problem....we do know ...that's why we tear them down.
    I believe in supporting the local shop...when possible... but til BMW/Husky
    get things together and figures it out, up here in Canada. The only way to get these bikes is through Rocher Sale in Ontario which is over 2500 miles away. ScottyR is very easy to deal with.

Far from a week for greasing and putting things back together.
    We started at 10am and we're sitting in the local coffee shop for lunch.
    Anyway I think half the fun of owning anything be it Car, Motorcycle,
    well anything is being able to maintain and repair it yourself.
    I love riding....but I love wrenching too.:D
  10. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Carb still has a plastic spacer in it that limits its function. Must be removed to obtain full throttle capabilities.
    Hope that's what you're asking Dean?
  11. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I second that !!!:notworthy:
  12. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    WR's are sold as road legal in many markets, are restricted to low horsepower for EC Learner use and to meet E3 emmission standards. US WR's come with some of this removed (catalyst exhaust, street bike wiring harness) and some not. I assume Mikuni delivers WR carbs with the throttle stop and lean E3 jetting installed.
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    True, but it would be great to have a reasonably priced option to get things turn key (ready to go) for those that do not have knowledge or desire.
  14. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Wow... I had no clue. Thanks Norm.
  15. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Ya I hear ya...Don't get me wrong I do love these bikes.
    But really, for the couple of extra hours of TLC or PMS(Preventive Maintenance Service) (Get you mind out of the gutter Wetdog)
    you would think they (being Husky) could do these small things at the factory.:excuseme:
    Go figure....
  16. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    I think this clearly underlines the commitment of the dealers...who do most of this at no charge...:thumbsup: when I bought my TC250 last year from a local dealer..it was perfectly set up..tire pressure..everything tight...and grease brimming from all areas:) no extra fee....when I contacted my dealer about a 09 WR....they said they were left out in the cold this year.......so I was glad to do business with ScottyR...he saved the day for me

Of course theres always going to be the guy thats extra fussy and wants to DIY.....or those that had no local dealer.....and had to have the crate shipped to the door.....like me

When I needed some advise on the wiring install ScottyR's tech guy Rob was very helpful and knowledgeable.....:applause:

mine incidentaly..was full of grease everywhere....though I am not a big fan of lithium grease.....I will change it out after 15 20 hrs or so...
  17. rancher1 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Actually I just saw a 2009 husky at 5th gear in BC and I know Rivercity can get them as well !!! :thumbsup: :cheers:
  18. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Me neither. Usually there is a reason for what the factory does. Eventually the reason may be found. Maybe I'll start a new thread about that.
  19. fury1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

or the space! without a garage and with the lousy weather here right now,its impossible to tear it down outside,and doing it in the box truck just seem too tight for me,I do have the basement,buts it got an XR400 in a million pieces right now taking up all my space:)
  20. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Lithium grease is water soluble and makes for easier clean up on the assembly line. My bike was well greased from the factory.