1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 cr/wr 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surfer1100, Jan 19, 2009.

1. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    I was just on the phone with Gerald @ Upstate ordering some parts, and we got to talking about the 125. He said they just arrived and that a friend who normally rides a 450 TXC test rode it and when he got off the bike his hands were shaking, he said it was the most powerful 125 he'd ever ridden and that he thought a 144 was not needed/would be too much.

He about had me convinced to trade mine in, but I think I'll just save up and keep my current bike and maybe get a hold of the new one when I have the money.

Norm I'll think you'll be extremely pleased with your new bike, and I'll be jealous...:busted:
  2. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    I have 3 rides on my 04 CR125 since picking it up on a whim. What a fun little bike. I am considering going from my much loved TXC450 to the 09 WR125 as well.
  3. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    This is good news! Kelly's life back to a 125 is even more interesting, but very cool. I think my bike will be in this week, but I've been in Total Sledhead mode and haven't been on a bike since just after Christmas. I was not going to be in a rush to pick up the bike, but hearing this is probably going to change my mind. I knew it was going to be a good one.... Husky 125's just keep getting better!
    Norman
  4. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    The fact is that Italians/Euros build super fierce 2 strokes,
    for reference just look at the very simple but super strong minarelli 50 motors and all of TMs smokers (moto and Kart), and how this Husky motor has evolved (R&D) through competitive use. enjoy that ride
  5. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Very true !!

I think some credit is due to the fact that Husqvarna and other euro companies continued to develop them long after the asian mfg's switched totally to 4 strokes....

they continue to be popular in europe for reasons of low cost....and lower noise level.....
  6. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Here are the specs if you haven't seen them

http://www.firstclassmotorcycles.com.au/downloads/husqvarna_WR125_2009_specs_sheet.pdf

Husqvarna WR125 2009 SUMMARY
    A complete redesign for 2009 sees the WR125 benefit from over 80% of its components being new. The new frame, similar in design to the 2009 four stroke TEs now provides better rider ergonomics due to the lowered seat height and repositioned foot pegs and the forks are now 50mm Marzocchis. The Sachs rear shock is also new to compliment the progressive ‘Soft damp’ suspension linkage. Cosmetic changes include new aggressive graphics, black Excel rims, wavy discs, new digital dash and the new headlight shield.

FEATURES:
    • Liquid Cooled, Power Valve Engine
    • 6 Speed Gearbox
    • 50mm Marzocchi Forks
    • Sachs Rear Shock
    • Brembo Brakes
    • 2 Year Warranty

Model WR124
    Category Enduro
    Engine 124cc Two Stroke
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    good stuff fast thanks...I havent seen that yet...hopefully I will have my WR in the next week or so...

I am curious what it weighs in at for real......
  8. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Spec sheet says 222 lbs

I'd like to have one. That is one sweet machine
    I was putting the gear ratios in my gearing calculator trying to determine approximate speeds in gears.. I'm wondering what red line is on that 125??
    Anyone know..
  9. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    No but my 04 CR with 13/50 gearing is good for almost 70 pinned.
  10. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    Exactly......I noticed on my TC250 I can hold it pinned to the stop in 5th....feels like its doing 55 ish...not too bad....yet on my CR125 its hard to find the ground to hold it flat out.....70 seems very reasonable.....the engine just goes on forever.........
  11. Fast1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

If I recall correctly my old 74 Honda CR125 Elsinore did about 68 with stock gearing.. and
    weighed about 180 lbs

The more things change the more they are still the same..
  12. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My 06 TC250/300 was very low geared as well. this CR125 is a lot faster.
  13. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    no wonder these 125s are seeing dez wins.....man those things are fast,,,,,,,,,,,if only I weighed about 30 lbs less.....
  14. Mcftw Husqvarna
    A Class

I really hope they're successful, not many newer riders respect 2-strokes.
  15. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    It's here!

I called Fran at Bottone's this morning to check if my bike was coming. Fran told me it would be soon, maybe today. Husky Dealer Site function to track bikes in transit was now functional and he could see 2 WR125's on the truck heading to him. He barely finished saying that and he said the Yellow Freight truck was in the street. I got the blow by blow over the phone, as the guy from Bradford Pipe(Bottone's next door neighbor) unloaded them for Fran with the fork lift. Two crates, so Fran said to pick one, so I picked the crate with the VIN that ended in an even number. I hope it's a good one, they were 25 bikes apart. It's kind of hectic for the next week as my wife has a chemo treatment, but I'm heading down as soon as I can, to uncrate this little gem and put her together! I'm pretty excited!:D
  16. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Nice man, I'm very excited for you. :thumbsup:
  17. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Nice, there's nothing better than seeing the crate with red spray paint on it...Made in Italy...when they're that new you almost want to bring them into bed, but I don't think they'd fit.:lol: I have spent the night with a brand new surfboard before.:busted:

edit....make sure your the first one to touch it..then all that factory energy will transpire in you and you'll be riding like Bartman
  18. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    ???

[IMG]
  19. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    Bartosz Oblucki

[IMG]
  20. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Wr 125

I saw one at Hall's last night. What is up with the fuel line??? It looks like it is a foot long. I can see that getting ripped off in an enduro or HS. You will def need to re-route IMO.