1. 2 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    WR = 2st Enduro & CR = 2st Cross

125-200cc 09 cr/wr 125

Discussion in '2 Stroke' started by surfer1100, Jan 19, 2009.

1. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

I'll try to remember and bring the camera,and I'll see you over there Norm.
  2. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Had fun today Norm,and the bike looks awesome,have fun with her. You, me, and Pete will have to get together and ride around up at your neck of the woods a couple times this summer,might even be able to get Joe,Fran and Harv to go sometime. I'm still laughing about Harv telling the story about the peewee's hitting that rut/ditch.:lol::lol:
  3. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    You didn't remember....did you.:D

Hay... Just haven't some fun.:cheers:

Did Norm bring his gear along or even just a helmet.
  4. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

I didn't have to take pics,because Norm already told me he got a few,so I didn't bother taking any. I had to take off early to go pick up my wife from work,so I don't know if he road it down there or not...
  5. raisrx251 Husqvarna
    AA Class

All is good in the World, Norm got his bike he wanted Husky to make.
  6. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Trumansburg, NY... The Beautiful, Finger Lakes
    Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    82 250WR 86 250WR 93 WXE350 03 TE610
    Other Motorcycles:
    '85 Fantic 300 '12 HUSABERG TE250
    Yes they did! I find it a little ironic that a Husky WR125 is one of the last small bore enduro bikes in the US Market, when the reason John Penton had KTM build his first small bore(100 and 125cc) bikes..... was that Husky refused to build a WR125 in 1968!:busted:
  7. Troy F Collins Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr125
    Other Motorcycles:
    GGEC 250 Honda RC51 CBR 1000rr CR125
    Way to go Norman !

Mine is on a truck...might be here tomorrow night..

Keep us informed...give us your first impression

*******Its here now I am heading to the depot to load the crate on my trailer.....its -18C outside(brrr) but I couldnt give a donald LOL.....******
  8. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I took a bunch of pictures with my phone, but some how lost them.:confused:
  9. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    You actually came on here without pictures.
    Man I've been waiting all nite...:cry:

Naa just rib'n ya... Is it gonna come in out of the cold tonite?:D

:cheers:
  10. BlueHusky144 Husqvarna
    AA Class

It's a conspiracy!!!
  11. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Well I guess I should of take some pics:excuseme:,,,stupid me,,,,my camera was right in the truck.
  12. krieg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Many in the past
    Other Motorcycles:
    '12 Triumph Scrambler
    I'll bet its almost as pretty as my CR 125!
  13. scoobywrx05 Husqvarna
    A Class

Well today was Friday the 13TH,,wonder if that has anything to do with it???:excuseme:
  14. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    First report...... Apologies for no pics, I'll get some as soon as possible. Pictures don't do it justice, it is one sexy bike!

I got there 10:05 and after some quick hellos and an oogle of the '09 WR125 (in XC trim) in the showroom, it was back to the service area. Fran and Harvey had already put the crate in the shop, so we got to work knocking down the crate.

We got bike on work bench sans front wheel. I went to work on the carb and Harvey greased the steering stem. Harvey (Bottone's Service Manager and A.C.E. Suspension Guru) says everthing is well greased, but the lithium based grease Husky uses is water soluble. I'll do the rear wheel and suspension linkage when I have time. Also flipped the handlebar mount to foward position.

Carb stuff... I needed to remove throttle stop, adjust mixture screw, install new slide, needle and all jets. Harvey had me pull the float and needle to blow it out from fuel line to make sure no plastic bits from tank were in the line and carb. I had Fran order a Power Now carb divider for an '08 YZ125 (same new style TMX). It fits and as I had good luck with it in the '02, I installed it right away. I didn't install the Stealth thumb turn idle adjustment screw, but will sometime soon. I just want to make sure idle screw tips are the same. I also re-routed the fuel line through the head stay. A much neater and snag proof method compared to Factory routing.

On a related airbox note..... bike came with a normal filter cage (some have 4 stroke backfire screen cages) and an extra cage. Front of airbox where tank meets seems pretty open to me. I'll keep an eye on it and probably make some mods for deep water. I also ran the two carb vent tubes up into airbox and will make a pill bottle/airfilter foam filter for them. I zip tie this to subframe rail in airbox. I may also add a KTM drain bulb to the drain. These mods can make the difference between getting through a deep water crossing or not.

We started it and adjusted idle and did first heat cycle. Rode it up and down driveway to make sure gears worked. Then back to work on the rest.

Pipe and silencer.... Pipe is close to right lower radiator hose. I need to watch this point. Stinger was rubbing on shock reservoir. Harvey pulled the pipe and adjusted the rear mounting tab and that fixed that. Silencer looks like a short CR one with a smaller diameter core. No visible Sparky and stamp says closed course for sound. Only one mount on the subframe, but it is a cast piece, not a welded tab.

Light kit is new headlight and speedo at front and old fashion US enduro kit fender top tailight. The template to drill the holes for the Acerbis Molsoft tailight still says WXE on it! Fran had an extra 4 stroke Power Up Kit tailight he gave me and we mounted, so it looks like the pic in the brochure. I have to finish the wiring, as it isn't plug and play with US Enduro wiring harness. Everything is in pieces with no instructions, so it's a puzzle, especially the fasteners! I still need to experiment with cable routing behind headlight.

We swapped the auto clutch from my '02 into the '09 and then got it running to check clutch and headlight speedo and second heat cycle.

Harvey checked chain adjustment, suspension clickers, cable adjustment, tire pressure and a bunch of sundry items on the checklist. A big thanks to him for all his Husky set up knowledge!

A bunch of good things have happened..... Husky bringing in WR125 for '09, when it looked questionable, TXC forks, Husky Hero Rebate made for an excellent deal and few more besides these!

A big thanks to Fran Bottone for a great deal and being the best Husky dealer.

I'll start breaking it in this week and keep reporting.:thumbsup:
  15. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

Thanks for the update norm. I have been lusting for a 125 but I am concerned about being too big of a boy for one. I am 6' and 210 pounds. It would be nice to have a dedicated bike for the FTR HS series and bring my TE back to more of a dual sport. I seen that we have one racer in the FTR HS's that races a WR125. Most of our HS's are 1,2,3 gear for my TE so I don't thing top speed will be an issue. I am close to pulling a trigger on this but I can't decide between the 125,250, and 300.

Do you mind me asking what you weigh? Are you planning on racing the bike?

TIA
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Cool report Norman. :thumbsup: I get kinda giddy just reading about you checking everything out for the first time. Sounds like a fun day getting everything set up like you like it. You got me all excited now, maybe I'll head over to the shop and grease some linkages or something.
  17. surfer1100 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    09 WR250, Memories of past tiddlers.
    Other Motorcycles:
    TM-01 EN 125, 03 125 MX, 09 EN 155
    Awesome report Norm,

Congrats on the bike, can't wait to see some pics of the bike in enduro trim. It's hard to believe that this bike can get any better, my 07 has been pretty much perfect for the riding I do.

It would be interesting to hear a comparison of your 09 and Joe's 07 144. hint hint...:busted:

Enjoy that beast of a little machine!!!

Adam
  18. HuskyDude Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    13/TR650
    Other Motorcycles:
    10/EC300, 76/TY175
    Thanx Norm,

All good info. I'd liked to here more about your carb mods.
    They might say a picture is worth a 1000 words, but I'll take your report
    over a pic any day. Once the bike softens up a bit a small ride report
    would be nice also.:thumbsup:
  19. Norman Foley Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    Other Motorcycles:
    I weigh 185lbs and I'll be riding mostly enduros and a few hare scrambles. If I can wrangle a plate, some turkey runs and dual sports.
  20. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I am 6 ft and 200 with all my gear on no problem My son is 6 ft 3 and
    220 with gear on and he has no problem .We race desert in so calif and the only place you will see a small problem is SAND and long up hill sand dunes.Other wise i can run with the open class no problem al the way up to flat out in 6 th gear