YZ250fx or HUSKY/KTM 300 for woods bike.

Discussion in 'Non-Husqvarna Motorcycles' started by Kam1, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 KTM 300xcw- sold// 2016 wr450
    Thanks for the input, still have not rode 2015 yz yet, biz has been crazy, will update soon hired a new guy who starts next weds, should free up some time 2 ride, of course then comes age old question will I have the money still ? Will update asap
  2. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Well I pulled the trigger, never rode the yz, just brought home a ktm 300xcw, I feel like I have Salma Hyaek and my wife in the shop, of course my wife is the younger one, I guess they are going to have to get along. :) thanks for the input. Serious though, I feel a bit guilty rode the husky this morning on a perfect ride, took 2 clicks out on comp, one click on rebound with the forks, rocky trail, then on way home wife said lets stop and look at KTM demo I have been talking about, next bought it, and now I swear husky looks sad 2 me, I have tried to explain it's not you, it's me- but as it turns out I don't speak Italian! The husky only understands wholy shit I can't believe I made it through that! In the mean time KTM is thinking she is a home wrecker, Rosseta Stone here I come, 3 wives, 3 different languages, and one confused guy on how 2 ride them all at once.:banana:
  3. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Have the wife ride the Husky, they'll work it out.
    Kam1 likes this.
  4. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    She was already joking about stealing it, good thing it's too tall, and there is no way to lower it. :thumbsup:
  5. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Went on first ride today with the 300, I shoulda filmed it, I sucked hard. There is a few differences in 2 stroke to 4 stroke- 1 no compression braking, 2 this bad boy had the red spring in it, so she had a hit, 3 the brakes take a lot less foot and hand pressure to lock up, 4 this thing has super light steering, and a quicker turning radius- so what does this equal, go into corner realize way to hot cause no comp brake, then lock up brakes creating a nice slide, over turn into slide do to light quick steering, then overcorrect, finally gas on to straighten it out wheel comes up, underwear gets sucked up and your going straight again just in time to turn again- but did I have fun? Oh yeah:applause: There is some set up to do, move handlebars to forward position and raise bars, install green spring because I am a scaredy cat, get sag set close as I can- I wanna get the suspension done but don't have any of your credit card #'s, that said the suspension felt pretty good will set the sag close as I can get, and continue to cut out fast food. Thank you all for the input I will try to post a pic of the husky and ktm soon, even though the ktm is like a 70's nova when I went to high school, all have seen them many have driven them, darn I am getting mainstream.:eek:
  6. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    IMG_20150531_183855.jpg IMG_20150531_183855.jpg Getting a little better on it. Need to take husky out soon.
  7. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    Sag is very critical to PDS bikes. Set it where recommended and play with it some. They have a narrow working range.
    robertaccio and Kam1 like this.
  8. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Going to get it close as I can with stock spring ratio, should be ordering springs this time next month- still recovering from sticker shock. Thanks for all the help.
    Motosportz and Kevin_TE250 like this.
  9. Kam1 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    04 TC 450
    Other Motorcycles:
    Set sag, it is still half inch off but anymore was worried about coil bind( there is no free sag when taking bike off stand), added bar risers and put in forward position, installed green spring- went on very nice shale coated, root infested ride- the KTM and I bonded, way sweet! Still need springs, I don't think I will revalve this thing eats up rock and roots right now, way fun! Thanks everybody, may buy a GO PRO just so you can see the wife after one of the shale hill climb- her eyes were as big as saucers while she explained what her bike and she did.( I was pretty impressed and proud) KTM now has a name ROCKY!
    Huskynoobee and LandofMotards like this.