1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Which silicone hoses do you run?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheeler, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Looking at this thread I thought to see if Samco makes them for the 449/511. Not listed on their site. They make them for the G450. Looking at them, it seems that system was different from the Husky. I think my stock hoses will make it the rest of the season. I'll just throw in some fresh coolant (old school XF+ is still in there) if it has discolored too much.

Anybody ever tried the "Winner Racing" stuff on flea-bay?
  2. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f

I have an extra red set of Samco's I would sell. I originally wanted blue, got sent red, shipper sent a pair of blues and told me to keep the red set.
  3. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 525 EXC & 2008 KTM 950 SE
    Alberto likes this.
  4. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250
  5. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    Any thermostat in line will cause at least some flow reduction. On many road legal bikes, they run a thermostat to allow engine temps to stabilize more quickly so that they pass emissions testing. If the thermostat gets stuck closed, you've got a big problem.

Unless one lives in extremely cold climates, they really aren't needed. By removing the thermostat altogether, it will improve flow and eliminate the possibility of any related issues.
    Alberto likes this.
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Give your bike a thorough warmup w/o thermostat especially in cold climates. They don't necessarily hold a lot of fluid but cold radiators can prolong engine getting to temp. That's the downside. The upside is better flow with less potential restrictions/possible sticking/failure and simpler routing.

* Even with my old air cooled motors with external oil coolers, I would place a hand on them and make sure they were getting to temp before rolling.
    Huskynoobee and Alberto like this.
  7. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 525 EXC & 2008 KTM 950 SE
    Advantages: better cooling.
    Disadvantages: takes longer to warm up.

And for your second question: Because they are street legal bikes and that comes with many strings attached (tailpipe emissions, noise emissions, etc....
    Look at the off-road only version and try to find the thermostat there.......
    Alberto likes this.
  8. tl1000r Husqvarna
    AA Class

Can somebody tell me the difference in the 2008 te and tc hoses ?

Was looking at the pro factory ones , and it looks like it deletes the coolant t , but it only says its for the tc .
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    I think those are what I got. You mount them as if a tc. On the Te, means moving some wires that are stuffed in the frame area to allow the hose to route through. I also spliced in the temp sensor. Most hoses people have been buying are tc hoses. Samco is the only one making Te hose kits but they are cut for the thermostat too and route as stock.
  10. reveille Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 FE501
    Other Motorcycles:
    2015 300 XC W
    I used the pro factory hoses on my 2012 TE310 and they were marked TC250. Fit fine and deleted the thermostat which I preferred. Also call them, the owner is a stand up guy out of Oklahoma and will not screw you over. I ordered hoses for my FE501 and they didn't fit. He paid return shipping and promptly refunded my $. We also worked together on the phone to improve the hose fitment to benefit future customers. Great guy! Can't say enough good things about him. It's been a while since I've talked to him. I forget his name but Sam maybe? I have no affiliation and don't get any discount, just a happy customer.
    Alberto likes this.