1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Which silicone hoses do you run?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheeler, Aug 28, 2014.

1. 2wheeler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki TS185
    Red I know. :D There are a variety of brands and price ranges available.

For a 14 TE 310, loose thermostat, retain fan
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  3. LAHuskyrider Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 CR144
    Other Motorcycles:
    1983 Maico 490, 2013 KTM 300 XC-W
    ^^^^^them^^^^^^^.
  4. 2wheeler Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    14 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    72 Suzuki TS185
    Thanks Tinken and LA. I saw those and the CV4, both about $200. Among others found pro factory for $90ish. So what is the non-racer trail rider to do?
  5. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Don't use them at all until you need to replace hoses. I have considered them but honesty in my cars and bikes, never have had a hose related failure. Maybe an old beater car with a old leaking vacuum hose is all. Seems Samco doesn't even spec a kit for our year bikes and one I did see was cut to include the thermo. I have not decided to remove any components. In cold climates maybe the thermo is a good idea allowing the engine and oil to get to temperature first before allowing coolant to flow. Cosmetically may be a nice add on but functionally I'm on the fence with hoses.
    Shawbridgehusky and JonXX like this.
  6. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Depends how far you ride from help. Samco hoses are made to last, very dependable.
    Shawbridgehusky likes this.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Wow, you still have your thermostat? I'd look at options of plugging that off.
  8. Matthew525 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TXC 250R
    Other Motorcycles:
    KTM 525, HONDA CRF150
    I installed the CV4 hoses in red for a TC250R on my '13 TXC250R. I did it to get rid of the thermostat and try to reduce some of the heat this bike makes. They are known to run HOT and the thermostat isnt helping any, so removing that was the reason for me to change hoses.

I would stay away from the chinese ones on the internet as they usually have large resitrictions where the hoses Y or T together. The CV4 and SAMCO hoses are quality and proven. Got my Red CV4 on Amazon for $175 shipped.

They look nice in red too!
  9. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    "Wow, you still have your thermostat? I'd look at options of plugging that off."

In good time. My coolant is still a clear and greenish just over the holes too after 2000 miles. Obviously when I do the ZipTy/Evans coolant hoses may get replaced w/black stock look :eek:. Until then, will see what others are using on the 13/14 with the temp sensor. Just noted Mike's Samco hoses got sorted so will lean in that direction as needed.
    Tinken likes this.
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2 years and 2k miles and it's time to do this... Zip Tie Racing has black Samcos in stock. Hoses and coolant coming my way :cool:

Question... Apparently Danny uses a big cutter. Is this hose cutter, I got, going to do the trick?

WP_20141002_16_04_20_Raw__highres.jpg
  11. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I like that cutter, I have a Rigid version of that.
    Johnrg likes this.
  12. juicypips Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr 360. 2002
    Other Motorcycles:
    Gas Gas TxT 300, Yamaha wr250f
  13. 268fords Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    08' TE510'
    Other Motorcycles:
    Honda CRF 100, Kawasaki KLX 110
    That's basically what I use for plumbing. Can't beat that kind for rubber hoses.
    Johnrg likes this.
  14. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    I've used ratcheting pvc pipe cutters if they are new and sharp.
  15. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    You know... I am so glad it's hot here and got my riding in . Now that my bike is stripped to install my new hoses I put in place without clamps to test fit. Lower hose is a bit short side to side and 1/2 inch or so. If one does stretch it hard to try and fit it the end are deformed on the nipples and the hose is flattened across the header bolt standoff as well as being pressed against the cylinder head. One could zip tie it off but that still means you have a high tension setup that's bound to pull apart.

The top hose is a non starter. It's designed to go through the frame void but on the TE that void is full of wires and where connector end of the sensor needs to sit.

Lastly the clamps with the Samco kit suck. They are slotted head not slotted/Phillips and slotted alone constantly slip off the screw. One could use a 6mm wrench if you have one which is easier but the stock clamps allow a Phillips driver that stays secure on the screw and/or a 7mm hex.

So shit out of luck and looks like back to stock but... whoopie got my Evans fluid. :doh:

WTF folks. I'de be stoked to do product testing for free product but this is ridiculous. Sending back my Samcos/clamps, etc...
    juicypips likes this.
  16. justintendo klotz super techniplate junkie

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    84 250,86 400,87 430,88 250,95 360
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 kawasaki zrx 1100
    that cutter should work great, i ve used a kobalt one to cut alot of stuff, including all the pex water line in my house. the chinese rad hoses seem to work great. i have 2 sets. the gplus on my 88 fit superb. both sets have been run quite a bit this year and i have good faith in them. they do come with garbage clamps tho, i just buy new norma clamps on ebay for everything. they are the good factory kind that dont cut your hose up when tightened.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/SILICONE-EM...Parts_Accessories&hash=item25612db88e&vxp=mtr
    these are pretty much identical to what came on the swede bikes, great quality
    Pepper, 268fords and Johnrg like this.
  17. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Did you order hoses from us or directly from Samco?
  18. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    From Zip Ty on the phone yesterday. I did speak to a very nice and helpful gal. She did mention Samco had to re-design their lower hose (for Mike from AK) so obviously something is still not right. This is what folks were buying etc... Tried fitting them again and the lower hose is 1/4 not wide enough and it wants to sit directly against the vertical brace on the head casting. Pull it away a bit with a zip tie and would further distort the hose ends which are stretched and distorted to begin with because they require being over that standoff. But that's the way stock is. The upper hose has a bunch of wiring which may or may not be moveable easily but one should not have to anyway... Why bother. I bought some hoses to replace stock not so I could rewire my bike. Make the crossover where it is stock, down an inch or two is all. No big deal. I just placed stock back in place and no stretching. Stretching hoses is not good... IMO :oldman:

So I am up against return shipping buying a couple of new clamps to replace the wasted temp sensor clamps and a day putzing with this. But I got the Evans. Can't be anything tough about that install :rolleyes:

I know Samco makes another kit specifically for the TE with multiple hoses that includes the thermostat though and I think forgot the temp sensor since for the 12 model. Somewhat blows me away that Samco is slipping on fitment issues.
  19. Kenneth Webb Livin' It Up!

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    TE630 TR650 Terra TE310R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha WR250R, GoldWing, Africa Twin
    I bought CV4 before I knew that ZT sold Samco. Zip Ty installed the CV4 with no issues and they fit fine. Love losing the T Stat!
    Tinken likes this.
  20. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    As far as I know, they only make hoses for up to 2012 and not my13-14s. Really sorry about that. Maybe you could pick up a set of CV4's?