1. 4 Stroke Husqvarna Motorcycles Made In Italy - About 1989 to 2014
    TE = 4st Enduro & TC = 4st Cross

Which silicone hoses do you run?

Discussion in '4 Stroke' started by 2wheeler, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Where do the CV4 hoses route? Through the frame opening or under as stock were? While I would like them to route lower I was able to get the upper hose through and to fit, so the CV4 should work OK that way.

The following image is of Samcos made for the 13 TE. Notice the hose on the right accommodates the thermostat and the hose on the left has longer top tubes to clear under the frame.

te.JPG
  2. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Are you using Evans or XF?
  3. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Says Zip Ty XF+... Made by EVANS!

I dumped out perfectly clean green coolant.
  4. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    There's a reason why I asked. Yes, we are the west coast distributor for Evans. Most people will tell you that XF is repackaged powersports coolant, but I have checked it and XF is a little thinner. It may vary from batch to batch, but thinner is better.
  5. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I saw that earlier and I went back and was able to get the hose through the frame and the upper hose to fit. So then tried to clamp on one side of the lower hose and then secure the other, but takes some tugging and it's tight against the head. Those barbs on the bottom are very short and need to be clamped tight against the radiator. So Samco almost got it right 1/4 -1/3+ inch of slack would allow the hose ends to fit without stretching too much and may allow you to pull the hose forward 1/3 inch to clear the head. I took it all back off.

Too bad. Samco is the only one making black hoses. Hard pressed to get red which is all CV4 makes.
  7. Tinken Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    MY12 WR511
    Other Motorcycles:
    Yamaha
    Whatever you can do to get more flow, the better you will be able to exchange the heat.
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    I put the stock hoses back on and filled with the XF+. I need to trust the bike and hoses resting on the engine and header are going to get hotter than the way I have it set now. It is too space confined to not have everything placed and secured properly.

I know a lot of people talk about the thermostat. What is their rate of failure and how many engines have failed due to it? There are 2 temp sensors on this machine so if the fan continues to run or the engine won't run it's a clue to check something. How many folks have had their stock hoses blow or fail? Clearly a track only bike should be stripped to the bone but my fan runs as it should and as expected, not all the time.

2 years and 2k+ miles. All looks good. Maybe on an engine rebuild at 4k miles I can revisit the hoses and thermostat but still nobody makes black other than these. How about ZT developing their own line of Silcone Hoses.... ;)

I think some of these manufacturers just go take a few measurements like between the hose barbs and call it good not realizing it has to bow a bit and up and over the header standoff as well be clear of the head.

Even stock can be tight but the Samco was taught up against the diagonal part of the head above the header due to having to be stretched to fit on the nipples at all. Sleeved a hose over the standoff before putting the stock hoses back on. Initially zip tied the hose to keep forward but touches the fan edge so removed it so not to chance wear. Hose floats as it should not impacting anything and should be better isolated from the heat.

Motohose advertises they make theirs longer so they can be trimmed if needed! They also say they are adding new kits and even for older bikes... Made in USA. Might be worth approaching them for some product as they say just email them the models you want hoses for.

WP_20141004_12_14_16_Raw__highres.jpg

WP_20141004_12_14_31_Raw__highres.jpg
  9. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    2007 KTM 525 EXC & 2008 KTM 950 SE
  10. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Not a fan of the red... Seeking understated performance in black :cool:
    w2ge likes this.
  11. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    OK got it. Sorry about that! They make it in blue too, I don't know why because it doesn't go with the bike's colors.....
  12. joedirt Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    wr250
    I think the only reason people get rid of the thermostat is to clean up the clutter. Since I changed hoses to get rid of the thermostat on my 310 it seems like the fan runs more. Maybe the coolant is flowing to fast now and not getting a chance to cool.
  13. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's interesting since a some of what I have read claim it could end up increasing temps as the coolant has less time to cool in the radiator without the thermostat. One side is about flow and cleaning up the routing for more of it and the other is about stable/optimum engine temps and possibly a cooling issue.
  14. Buster714 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 950Adv, '10 F800GS, '06 R6 track
    Just blew a hole in one of the stock radiator hoses in the left armpit of the T. Pushed my bike to finish the Big Bear Run, but now going with C4's after reading this thread. Thanks for the info here.

[IMG]

I've been running Engine Ice up to now, but it routinely boils on the rides I do. I'm always refilling the radiator before each ride, boil it that day, then repeat. I'm not very experienced with cooling since this is the hottest running bike I've ever owned, but my thought was to keep the thermostat and have two fans run off a switch like I've seen other trail riders do.

Any input on keeping this ride cool on tight trails is appreciated. I'm on a 2011 TE310.
  15. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
  16. Buster714 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE310
    Other Motorcycles:
    '04 950Adv, '10 F800GS, '06 R6 track
  17. Buzybraza Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    "keep the thermostat and have two fans run off a switch like I've seen other trail riders do.
    Any input on keeping this ride cool on tight trails is appreciated. I'm on a 2011 TE310."

If you do manage 2 fans please let me know as I thought about it and decided it wouldn't fit......
  18. robertaccio Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 Husqvarna TE300i
    Other Motorcycles:
    99 HusqvarnaTE610, 94 Husaberg FC501
    On my Ex TXC310R , we finally parallel wired in a switch so the t stat switch was able to work the fan automatically or you could just flip the switch and have the fan run constantly. Note my in my photo above we also double upped hoses for more protection and bullet proofing in exposed areas, above the header the OEM installed that little L bend separator we put a piece of shrink sleeve over that thing to further insulate the metal piece from the crossover hose and also added a doubler piece of hose there as well. ZipTy XF2 installed.=Bulletproof
    Hose route CV4 w t stat switch.jpg
  19. La Flama Blanca Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 Husqvarna TE449
    Other Motorcycles:
    2005 kawasaki kx250f
    I will be putting a set of blue Samco radiator hoses on my TE449 this weekend. Also run evans waterless with a CV4 radiator cap.
  20. Alberto Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE250

Hey Tinken, can you please explain why thermostat could be removed? I still has mine installed, its stock.