What's your race training program?

Discussion in 'General (Main)' started by Huskynoobee, Dec 15, 2014.

1. LandofMotards Moderator

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TC250
    Recently got a membership to the ymca and the kids and i swim all the time. I feel much better then i have in years and actually never even think about how much it wore me out until be leave lol. Just a thought for gym/running/biking haters
  2. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    Ducati Sport Classic / Ducati Multi.
    Steve... The 310XT is good and while not new probably still best bang for buck. I use mine for SUP racing, bicycle racing, low profile route recorder on the dirt bike, etc... Battery lasts a long time. Ant sometimes takes a long time to sense and upload data but just a nitpick compared to hard wired. I don't use a hrm anymore. As you stated once you know how you feel it's easier to go by that than stressing the HRM not reading or with a dying battery, not to mention having to wear a strap.
    NCSteve likes this.
  3. Theo Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    SM 610 I.E.
    Other Motorcycles:
    2001 YZ250
    In 2014, I wrote this post, which, apparently, was too long and therefore boring to be read. I tried to make the long story short, but I just wanted to say so many things I had found out... .
    Anyhow, please have a look at this, at least: I linked this article, in which Alastair Seeley (we can consider him as a professional) said: "It is important to train to certain zones to be within 160, 170, 180 beats per minute. Train your heart to the particular zone you're going to be in when you're racing.".
    That's the main reason for which I swear by cardio for motorcycles racing purposes: professional riders and trainers suggest it.

@ray_ray: I don't know whether you eventually got an heart-rate monitor, but, if you ever use one while riding, I hope you'll write here what you'll have got
  4. TemecuCoastie Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2015 FC250 and 2012 TC250
    Hear ya. Have an old friend up in Santa Cruz, CA - a retired Coastie (who happens to surf out amongst the Sharks mind you). He's always telling me (regarding my racing), "Ya know, old man, you aren't getting any younger!" At which point I always respond, "EXACTLY! That's why I gotta go faster!"

We're all gonna go at some point. But, we don't gotta go lying in our own swill in a hospital bed.
    NCSteve and Huskynoobee like this.
  5. NCSteve Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    12 WR300 13 WR165
    Other Motorcycles:
    02 XR250R 00 XR100R
    Here at work we have a small gym, @3mx7m, with a few machines, weight bench and one of those weight machines bolted to the wall. The stationary bike is an old Proteus, at this point it's pretty hi-maintenance, but still pretty good. 20-30 min on that gets the HR up there and gives lower half a good workout.
    I finally fixed the electronics on the rowing machine and have been using it too. It's a Concepts2 and I agree it seems pretty close to the workout my shoulders and back gets while riding. Only issue I have with it is it's really boring after @ 20 min, because I can't wear my ear phones and listen to music.
    That and reps with 10k dumbells and 40k on the weight machine has me feeling pretty good. Of course it's not as good as riding, but at least keeping my strength and endurance up.

:cheers:
  6. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
  7. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    HDUltra Classic IT200 YZ250 SV650s
    My most recent addition to my workout regimen is to try and keep up with ajaxauto. If I could just relax and enjoy the ride it would be easier, but with the pucker factor of his terrain choices, it's quite a workout.

I'm generally trying to tell myself I can make that hill, or get up the rock face he just made look "Jarvis" easy. However if I could release the death grip on the bars I'd do much better.
  8. Johnrg Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2013 TE 310 R
    Other Motorcycles:
    That's a good way to improve. I wish I had some riding partners since I am riding solo 99% of the time.
  9. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I completely get that. Riding solo can be fun, but I find I keep deciding not to challenge myself too much because of it. After a few years off I was able to regain most of my old mojo but pushing it with A and pro class riders has really upped my game. That's one of the reasons I also started racing. It puts you in a situation where you have to get to the end and you know there will be someone to help if you break down or get hurt.
    steadydirt and TemecuCoastie like this.
  10. ajaxauto Husqvarna
    Pro Class

I just saw this Huskynoobee You did very well Most people I take do not make it as far as you did You made every hill and every rocky trail
    You just got tired Your skill is there The more you ride the easier it gets I rode it today with the new Zip Ty Racing secret Suspenton set up on my Husky TE 300 OMG made it easy. Time to get ready for KOM Liking the new bike more everytime I ride it
    Keep riding the first National is coming and you are gong 2 loops
    Huskynoobee likes this.
  11. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    For me my game went way up when I started reading electric meters which required me to walk 12-18 miles a day.... I noticed I could ride way longer.... that and riding is it for me....
  12. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    I did 64 miles today...on my Harley. Thanks for the encouragement and mentoring ajaxauto. When I get back from the Blue Grass state I'll be doing some high altitude snowboard training, and then putting a top end on the WR to be ready for the season.
    TemecuCoastie likes this.
  13. racemx904 Husqvarna
    Pro Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 Beta 350RR & 1986 430XC
    Other Motorcycles:
    1975 Rokon and 2004 Kawasaki KX65
    Bluegrass state? Where you at? I'm by Ky Speedway
  14. Huskynoobee CH Sponsor ZipTy Racing

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2011 TE449 2006 WR250
    Other Motorcycles:
    My folks just moved to Symsonia in August.
    racemx904 likes this.