What's happening at 7602 Racing.

Discussion in '7602 Racing' started by Colo moto, Jul 2, 2009.

1. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Yep, you will get the extra quad ring when I ship your piston. Thanks for your order. :cheers:
  2. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Just to be clear this upgrade will alleviate the problem where on 08 TE450 you pull in the clutch and put it in gear and your bike still rolls forward, like you haven't pulled the clutch all of the way in?
  3. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    This piston will help with this if your stock clutch cylinder is worn out enough to allow fluid to leak by the o ring. If your clutch cylinder is still pretty new, then I suspect you have air in your clutch line. In that case you will need to bleed the line, which you will have to do when you install the piston anyway. Either way, you should not have the problem after install.
  4. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Got my first race with the production piston this last sunday. I'm still running my original worn out stock slave cylinder. Went from a DNF with the stock piston to a 5th with ours.
  5. columbia510 Husqvarna
    AA Class

Installed mine last week and just road around town for feel. Didnt want to use for first time while in the bush. During install,I was able to remove a huge pocket of air then the pressure built up within a couple of pulls on the lever. The clutch will still drag even when the lever is pulled in. Just like when the bike was new,this doesn't bother me at all.I look at it as a theft deterent in a small town.:)
    Last weekend I rode a LOT of tight granite slabs with steep steps with turns at the top. The clutch worked flawlessly.These were some tough trails too. The other rider on the XR 650 needed to adjust his clutch a few times. This seems to be the fix for the weakest link on the Husky.:applause:
    And thank you for the extra X-ring:thumbsup:
  6. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Glad it's working so well for you. Thanks for the report, and your business.

Clay
  7. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    I installed it. I used the syringe to push fluid up through the bleeder into the master. It took a while and i got a massive bubble of air. When i tested it just in the back yard, its still pretty hard to get neutral. Almost impossible for my wife (whose bike it is).

I have left the cap off and cable tied the lever over night - i hope it will get any last remaining air out.

What else can i try? I am really keen for it to work better cos we are going away on a week of camping and riding next week.

Appreciate any tips.
  8. Swampds Husqvarna
    AA Class

Who needs neutral!? You have 6 other fine gears! lol

Seriously...neutral is pretty hard to find on all bikes stopped. Trying doing rolling stops to get into neutral. Or if you are stopped, slip the clutch while rocking the bike to select the gear.
  9. Pete Husqvarna
    AA Class

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2014 TE300
    Thanks, yeah i know what you mean, but this 08te450 is pretty ordinary. My mate has the 09 510 and there is no such issue, we have had 07450 and i have 05 and none of them do it.

If the bike is cold putting it in first with clutch pulled it will stall it. Is there anything in the actual clutch that could cause this? eg worn/aged springs? Should i try it with 2 springs out?
  10. markymark83 Husqvarna
    A Class

Finally got around to putting the new gear on aswell as the clutch piston.

Took it for a quick ride around the area, nothing to massive. Felt a bit stiff at first but loosened up very quick. Liking the new feel. Awesome work 7602
  11. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Mine was the same way. A little tight at first, but with 1 good ride it loosened up and got smoother. Glad you're happy with it.
  12. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Pic of the production piston.

[IMG][/IMG]
  13. Coffee CH Owner

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2006 TE250, 2013 TR650 Terra - sold
    Stunning picture! A work of art!

:thumbsup:
  14. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Thanks Coffee.
  15. Mr Sleazy Husqvarna
    A Class

Hi Pete -

I had this problem on my 07 510, bike would creep with clutch pulled all the way in. It wasn't the slave cylinder, it was the actuator rod that the cylinder pushes on. It gets mushroomed on the clutch end and gets too short. Easy fix and cheap - just pull it out from behind the slave and slip a new one in.

Also easy to check - unbolt the slave (not the banjo the whole unit), DONT pull the clutch in, and grab the rod with needlenose - right behind the slave. Pull it out and check the clutch end, if its mushroomed you will see it.

Brian Pegg
  16. Colo moto CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    7602racing.com
    Well it's about time I update this thread. After a long and cold winter things are starting to thaw out here. We have been out testing a few new products the last couple of weeks, and it is nice to be able to go out and ride without having to load up and drive 2-3 hours for some warmer weather. Although today is a total blizzard outside again. :banghead:

Many of you have been pm'ing or emailing asking when the clutch covers will be in stock again. I can finally say that they will be back in stock next Tuesday the 23rd. This was by far our largest production run yet, and we will have every type, model, and color in stock so that will be nice.

We will also be adding ignition covers for the fuel injected 250/310/450/510 models. This is the first time we have had this cover available, and the waiting list is growing longer every day.

And finally, we will be introducing a completely new product here soon. It is a nice little solution to a design flaw that has always bugged me on the 250-510 motors. It will make regular maintenance much more straight forward, convenient, faster, and simpler. Sorry no pics yet. :D

Clay
  17. petem Husqvarna
    A Class

C'mon c'mon, spill the beans! :naughty:
  18. mikezx Husqvarna
    B Class

lol i tryed to get it out of him when i ordered my parts lol! no such luck!
  19. Motosportz CH Sponsor

Husqvarna Motorcycle:
    2021 TE250i, 570 Berg, 500 KTM, 790R
    Other Motorcycles:
    many
    My guess is rad braces.
  20. andyman Husqvarna
    AA Class

Something to do with the airfilter mabye? What a PITA it is to get that thing in and out.